Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Really Disappointed

Telluric

Agreed with CruelCrow. And to follow up with that, nobody is exempt from satire and humorous ribbing.

If it "causes you to have an anxiety attack" when someone so much as expresses the tiniest bit of non-acceptance or friendly ribbing at your preferred denomination's expense, the internet may not be a good place for you to be.

A fish does not swim into a bath containing a thousand cats, and expects no reaction.

More or less all humor is based off of suffering (I don't consider puns and wordplay to be humor, just witticisms. It all depends on who gets the butt of the joke. When you're telling a funny story about someone, a friend or family member for example, they'll either laugh with you and/or get embarrassed. It's funny because it's painful to them. Tell me any form of joke (not witticisms) and I'll point out the pain in it.

Thus, I find anyone who has ever laughed guilty of this. Nearly everybody has laughed at some point. I understand the pain of people like the OP. However, I simply ask them to consider the reverse other side, to better understand how easy it is for it to happen without malicious intent.

Nope, OP never said "Bruce," I saw the original version of the post. Great job trying to derail the conversation.

Also the difference is, making fun of Caitlyn Jenner is sort of setting an "example" for the rest of the trans community and as a whole kicking them while they're down.

I said I may be mistaken, but I have no way to verify because there is no option to go back when you refresh a page. It was not an attack, simply a misinterpretation, so it will be nulled on my post.

I don't exactly understand what you're saying in the second part. From what I gather, you're saying that the trans community is already looked down upon, and making fun of Caitlyn is worsening their status? While that is understandable, I don't see it that way. If I make fun of somebody for doing something stupid or foolish, and they just happen to be gay(or Jewish, or short, or overweight, you get the point), as long as I specifically only make fun of them for being stupid, I see no reason for anyone else to be offended within their community or for anyone else to see that group as worse.

With that in mind, I will still consider your point more.

I do think Steve would be in the right to admit his mistake, but telling him to do it won't get you anywhere.

Would you rather have an insincere, immediate, forced apology because the public rep guys told him to, or a sincere one that was contemplated over (or, none at all, which is an option. I would rather have no consolation than an insincere one.)

Edited by CruelCrow

Let's have everyone take a few deep breaths, relax, and bring it down a few notches. There's already enough arguments on the forums as it is, there doesn't need to be more, especially with a hot-button issue such as that of gender identity.

Let's have everyone take a few deep breaths, relax, and bring it down a few notches. There's already enough arguments on the forums as it is, there doesn't need to be more, especially with a hot-button issue such as that of gender identity.

I don't see how "stop treating us like S#&$" is even an argument, more as a polite request that people turn down because it makes them feel bad.

Edited by Smimsy_

Or how bout you stop telling people to be calm about this sorta disgusting behavior ?

I don't see how "stop treating us like S#&$" is even an argument, more as a polite request that people turn down because it makes them feel bad.

Or how bout you stop telling people to be calm about this sorta disgusting behavior ?

Being calm is the best way to become involved in a discussion. Getting heated and bothered doesn't help the situation, it only makes tempers flare and fights break out. I apologize if I offended you in any way, I'm merely attempting to ensure the thread remains respectful in the only way I can.

Stop trying to be a philosophical asshat. Shut the F*** up about "nobody is exempt from satire." When trans people get murdered almost daily JUST for being trans, it's not @(*()$ friendly. Don't try to silence me by saying "It's just a joke!" It's not. This is very real. I have to deal with being shat on every @(*()$ day by people who couldn't give a S#&$ about how I live, and I'm @(*()$ tired of it. I'm not a fetishized playtoy for people to throw around like a @(*()$ rag.

All of my what. I think you need to step away from the computer. Nobody is trying to "silence you". This is not the plot of 1984. Trans people are murdered daily? While that is a horrible thing, many people of other sexual preferences are murdered daily also, should we not afford them the same right to scream at our community for ever mentioning those sexualities/genders/colors/races etc? Where does the political correctness end?

Are you wanting to silence me, instead?

Being calm is the best way to become involved in a discussion. Getting heated and bothered doesn't help the situation, it only makes tempers flare and fights break out. I apologize if I offended you in any way, I'm merely attempting to ensure the thread remains respectful in the only way I can.

The problem with telling people to be calm about a situation that is very important to them is that it is a silencing tactic. It's meant to shush the victim so that the other party can implore their beliefs to the victim without backlash.

The problem with telling people to be calm about a situation that is very important to them is that it is a silencing tactic. It's meant to shush the victim so that the other party can implore their beliefs to the victim without backlash.

I'm not telling anyone to stop talking about it. By all means, discuss! What I'm trying to get across is that you can talk about what is bothering you calmly and rationally. Moreover, what I say doesn't only apply to a single party, but to everyone partaking in the discussion as a whole; For, Against, and Neutral. If the topic gets too heated or arguments break out, the thread will be locked, and then it really will be silenced. I'm trying to ensure the discussion can continue without that happening.

It's infuriating and saddening to see people try to brush this off as "just the way things are", or "just a joke." Everyone deserves to be able to play Warframe and feel safe and respected. And honestly, it takes nothing out of your day to be nice to another human being about something that hurts them this much. There are plenty of jokes to be made that don't hurt people this way, and if you're really so attached to your fundamental right to be a jerk I think you need to take a step back and ask yourself why. Same for if you're so willing to pass off egregious behavior as "just the internet". You're not being forced to say these things, so why not just not say them?

People aren't asking for some sort of inquisition; no one wants anyone's head on a plate. Telluric and Smimsy and everyone else are just asking for some respect. I understand not everyone gets upset about the jokes mentioned, but it's important to recognize that some people do. Your comfort doesn't cancel out someone else's discomfort. Have a little heart.

You are not a victim. You have not been attacked.

A reference was made to Ms. Caitlyn's previous name, in relevance to a Warframe that seemed to have two genders at once.

The only two people, at this point in time, who could possibly be offended, are Caitlyn Jenner, and the warframe.

Anybody else trying to get up in arms about this wants attention, nothing more. I am not marginalising you. I am not silencing you. I am not victimizing you.

What I am doing, is asking you to calm yourself, take a deep breath, and approach the subject objectively.

A reference was made to Ms. Caitlyn's previous name, in relevance to a Warframe that seemed to have two genders at once.

The only two people, at this point in time, who could possibly be offended, are Caitlyn Jenner, and the warframe.

Anybody else trying to get up in arms about this wants attention, nothing more. I am not marginalising you. I am not silencing you. I am not victimizing you.

What I am doing, is asking you to calm yourself, take a deep breath, and approach the subject objectively.

So I'm not a victim when slurs made for insulting me are thrown my way? Good to know.

Totally agree

I don't get it. 

How does every social minority (homosexuals, transgenders, etc.) get offended so easily by a single joke? How do you even live and interact socium?

For example, most of internarional communities (Mostly gaming, including Warframe) make fun of Russians, some even hate them (I am not taking politics into account now). And 95% of Russian players don't give a single frickafrack about it.

Can someone explain this to me please?

I don't get it. 

How does every social minority (homosexuals, transgenders, etc.) get offended so easily by a single joke? How do you even live and interact socium?

For example, most of internarional communities (Mostly gaming, including Warframe) make fun of Russians, some even hate them (I am not taking politics into account now). And 95% of Russian players don't give a single frickafrack about it.

Can someone explain this to me please?

It will never make sense just sit back and read the comments lol