Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question To De About One Thing In Shotgun Future Buff.

Necr0Ra1se

As you know from Dev stream shotguns will get serious rework (damage multiplier on close range, no more fall off more than 50% etc) but what about shotguns taht don't suffer from falloff? (Mara)Detron, pyrana (Ak)bronco(Prime) what about them will they have the same changes or they will ignored?

Suggestion:
As i think Bronco is ok for Mr0 weapon and can go without changes but Pyrana and Detron could use some buff instead of "rework". 

I don't really see why the Pyrana needs a buff. I slaughter everything up close with this thing in high levels. The damage falloff is not even a big deal due to how big the spread and high recoil is, it's better used up close. Though, I wouldn't mind if its reload was shortened abit or have an extended clip size to 7. Because I spend nearly 50% of my time reloading it.

Edited by Knightmare047

I don't really see why the Pyrana needs a buff. I slaughter everything up close with this thing in high levels. The damage falloff is not even a big deal due to how big the spread and high recoil is, it's better used up close. Though, I wouldn't mind if its reload was shortened abit or have an extended clip size to 7. Because I spend nearly 50% of my time reloading it.

That is exactly why it needs a buff. You kinda made the point.

That is exactly why it needs a buff. You kinda made the point.

I'm just saying that the weapon doesn't 'need' the buff as it already performs sufficiently well at high levels. I just thought that it'd be nice to have a shortened reload time or slight buff in clip size which makes it easier to use for most players, but not really something the weapon needs. Alot other weapons need the buffs more than it.

Edited by Knightmare047

I think all of the weapons you listed definitely have damage fall off lol. I agree that the Pyrana and Detron needs a buff though.

Nope. Those weapons definitely do not have falloff.

Detrons... I'm honestly not sure what needs buffing. Maybe slightly narrower spread cone/higher accuracy. Unless you mean regular Detron compared to Mara - well, the point of the Mara was to provide solid QoL without touching damage, in keeping with Void Trader weapon logic, so it can't be too drastic. What I would like to see is very little recoil; it is an energy shotgun, but like Supra, one of the exceptions to the energy-weapons niche of having high accuracy and low recoil compared to bullet weapons.

Pyrana... hm. It wouldn't be Pyrana without the insanity that is Kraken-level recoil on an automatic shotgun, but it should get a mag size and/or reload buff. QoL stuff.

Broncos are actually quite solid - well, the Primes at least are far better than fodder tier, at least on paper. Crazy DPS if you can get within the punching range that's practically mandatory to use them.

Note: I half agree with the other poster in that Pyrana functions quite well without any buffing - but it's niche enough due to its unique innate problems that a QoL tweak is highly recommended. The same goes for the Detrons, which people think are bad; interestingly, the Mara Detron has higher paper DPS (burst and sustained) than the Vaykor Marelok, except Vaykor beats it by a mile in terms of usability.

Edited by FelisImpurrator

Nope. Those weapons definitely do not have falloff.

Detrons... I'm honestly not sure what needs buffing. Maybe slightly narrower spread cone/higher accuracy. Unless you mean regular Detron compared to Mara - well, the point of the Mara was to provide solid QoL without touching damage, in keeping with Void Trader weapon logic, so it can't be too drastic. What I would like to see is very little recoil; it is an energy shotgun, but like Supra, one of the exceptions to the energy-weapons niche of having high accuracy and low recoil compared to bullet weapons.

Pyrana... hm. It wouldn't be Pyrana without the insanity that is Kraken-level recoil on an automatic shotgun, but it should get a mag size and/or reload buff. QoL stuff.

Broncos are actually quite solid - well, the Primes at least are far better than fodder tier, at least on paper. Crazy DPS if you can get within the punching range that's practically mandatory to use them.

Note: I half agree with the other poster in that Pyrana functions quite well without any buffing - but it's niche enough due to its unique innate problems that a QoL tweak is highly recommended. The same goes for the Detrons, which people think are bad; interestingly, the Mara Detron has higher paper DPS (burst and sustained) than the Vaykor Marelok, except Vaykor beats it by a mile in terms of usability.

Let me explain when brak will get all the rework he will destroy other shotguns handcanosin the game even if detron, bronco pyrana will get this too. All the beuty of detron and pyrana was that they didn't have falloff and this will go away (maybe). As i think detron must be equel to brak but in reality detron only good against grineer, pyrana in other way should be alternative who still don't have detron and brakk.

Let me explain when brak will get all the rework he will destroy other shotguns handcanosin the game even if detron, bronco pyrana will get this too. All the beuty of detron and pyrana was that they didn't have falloff and this will go away (maybe). As i think detron must be equel to brak but in reality detron only good against grineer, pyrana in other way should be alternative who still don't have detron and brakk.

Not quite. The Brakk also suffers from insane recoil and massive spread (worse, I believe, than the Pyrana); its main damage type is Impact, inferior to the Pyrana's slash, and it has a lower pellet count than the Pyrana.

Detron's base damage is actually quite solid, not as high as the Brakk but high enough. It can make a triple element build with useful statuses, and is infinitely more controllable than a Brakk even without Steady Hands on.

That, and falloff isn't gone - just heavily reduced. No falloff still beats low falloff.

Mara Detron has versatility going for it. Pyrana is a crit weapon, so its potential damage is a lot higher than its base stats imply. Brakk's strength lies in direct damage. Now, a PRISMA Brakk might tip the balance too far, but that isn't being released for the foreseeable future.

Not quite. The Brakk also suffers from insane recoil and massive spread (worse, I believe, than the Pyrana); its main damage type is Impact, inferior to the Pyrana's slash, and it has a lower pellet count than the Pyrana.

Detron's base damage is actually quite solid, not as high as the Brakk but high enough. It can make a triple element build with useful statuses, and is infinitely more controllable than a Brakk even without Steady Hands on.

That, and falloff isn't gone - just heavily reduced. No falloff still beats low falloff.

Mara Detron has versatility going for it. Pyrana is a crit weapon, so its potential damage is a lot higher than its base stats imply. Brakk's strength lies in direct damage. Now, a PRISMA Brakk might tip the balance too far, but that isn't being released for the foreseeable future.

We go away from topic. Main question will shotguns without falloff get same rework or they are just ignored and fine like they are now?

All those hand cannons are Secondary weapons, and not really Shotgun class weapons (therefore using shotgun mods). The shotguns will get tweaked since they currently perform sub-par, no other reason for it. So, I don't think that the secondary hand-cannons aka. shooties will get touched by that, since they are mostly good.

Btw, the only secondary shotgun-like weapon that has falloff is Brakk, because it was modified specifically to be so. Any other one, including Kohmak or Akbronco, have in fact no falloff whatsoever.

All those hand cannons are Secondary weapons, and not really Shotgun class weapons (therefore using shotgun mods). The shotguns will get tweaked since they currently perform sub-par, no other reason for it. So, I don't think that the secondary hand-cannons aka. shooties will get touched by that, since they are mostly good.

Btw, the only secondary shotgun-like weapon that has falloff is Brakk, because it was modified specifically to be so. Any other one, including Kohmak or Akbronco, have in fact no falloff whatsoever.

Not quite. Kohmak has falloff. It's just so minimal - coincidentally, almost exactly what the devs are giving to the primary shotguns, 10-15m (albeit with even less damage loss - 15%?) - that most players don't believe it's there at all.

By the way about "not really Shotgun class weapons" what about Phage and Kohm? 

By the way about "not really Shotgun class weapons" what about Phage and Kohm? 

Primary weapons that benefit from shotgun mods=shotgun class. The secondary ones don't even inherit traits like the falloff, except Brakk which was modified specifically to be so.

Not quite. Kohmak has falloff. It's just so minimal - coincidentally, almost exactly what the devs are giving to the primary shotguns, 10-15m (albeit with even less damage loss - 15%?) - that most players don't believe it's there at all.

Kohmak has no falloff from what I have noticed. For example, for Brakk the falloff starts at 15m and by 25m it will do 10% of the total damage. With the Kohmak I fired at enemies 100m away on Triton and it still did the same damage numbers. 

Primary weapons that benefit from shotgun mods=shotgun class. The secondary ones don't even inherit traits like the falloff, except Brakk which was modified specifically to be so.

Kohmak has no falloff from what I have noticed. For example, for Brakk the falloff starts at 15m and by 25m it will do 10% of the total damage. With the Kohmak I fired at enemies 100m away on Triton and it still did the same damage numbers. 

Kohm with all rework:

-15m no falloff and max 50% falloff

-Dmg multip. on close range

- ragdol enemies.

Add to this 1m punch through, high dmg( when fully spool up) and you will get maybe best weapon in the game!?

So if secondaries is not shotguns than brakk will not get rework becouse using your logic brakk is not a shotgun?

P.S. Kohmak have falloff i tested too.

Kohm with all rework:

-15m no falloff and max 50% falloff

-Dmg multip. on close range

- ragdol enemies.

Add to this 1m punch through, high dmg( when fully spool up) and you will get maybe best weapon in the game!?

So if secondaries is not shotguns than brakk will not get rework becouse using your logic brakk is not a shotgun?

P.S. Kohmak have falloff i tested too.

Kohm was created to be a new generation shotgun. That is why it's falloff gets to a max 50% of the original damage. Kohm was the best weapon in the game since it's v2 upgrade, currently being at v4 and still kicking &#!.

But if you would think a little on the reason why Brakk was first nerfed, then you would figure that chances are it won't be changed. They had 2 options: either make Detron do insane damage per shot or bring Brakk in line with it. Since they have gone with the latter option, buffing it again would defeat the purpose of nerfing it in the first place.

Also, you say Kohmak has falloff, but I am sure as hell it is not 50% like Kohm. If it really has falloff, then it is not noticeable. Bring numbers that say otherwise and I will agree with you.