Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Doom 4 News!

TheErebus.

Again, that is just for VATs. So far, I haven't seen a lot that shows me "Ok, they improved the gunplay". But gunplay is something you need to feel, so talking about it like as if it was the graphics isn't really going to work.

VATS was just an example. I'm not sure if what I'm trying to get across is coming across here. I guess there's not much else I can do to explain it without revealing stuff I shouldn't.

VATS was just an example. I'm not sure if what I'm trying to get across is coming across here. I guess there's not much else I can do to explain it without revealing stuff I shouldn't.

Revealing stuff?

Wat?

ARE YOU IN CAHOOTS WITH BETHESDA?

http://www.pcgamer.com/doom-feels-like-bruce-lee-with-a-shotgun-on-a-skateboard-says-id/

So at Quakecon, Id has detailed how the game DOOM felt like... and so far, I am so excited for it:

The focus for the entire team has been movement—the better the movement was working, they said, the better the game was shaping up. The action should be so smooth and so fast, art director Hugo Martin said, that players should "feel like Bruce Lee with a shotgun on a skateboard."

"We wanted to focus on these traditional id roots," multiplayer producer Brad Bramlett said. When the game is fast and fluid, "it's exactly what we wanted it to be, so there's no better feeling than that."

The core loop of gameplay is known by id as "push-forward combat," so anything that makes players slow down and pause is immediately removed. This ethos also led to abandoning regenerative health. "Not having regnerative health isn't a random choice, it stems from movement,"

The final release is Spring 2016.

From what I can tell, it'll be less like DOOM 3 and more like the original DOOM games, which I'm all for. 

I do hope that the demo that they showed was not the final pacing for the action

seems comparatively mellow having played brutal doom.