Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do You Hate Non-Clan Players (Ronin)?

SunWo1f

I never played MMO´s before and only MP game I played was ME3,so I´m not used to that things like clan ranks,rules,duties and obligations,because of that I created my own clan with one friend I respect  and that´s it.

I think 95% of my 4000 games I played in ME3 MP was with random people and I will continue with that in Warframe,if possible.

Edited by zorinho20

What do you mean no incentive for big clans?Big clans have the incentive to have more people. That IS their incentive. To have more people collecting various resources for the purpose of furthering their group's dojo. There are already clans with decent sized dojos and I'm fairly sure that they are large.If the costs of construction were to scale based on clan size and be significantly more for larger, then everyone would be up in arms about how DE prefers small clans. We're not in that boat. We're currently dealing with the issue of small clans being the red-headed step child.My guts are not in a knot about this, it's just I do not appreciate it when people bash on smaller communities because they're not big. I'm not asking for them to change the whole game, just for them to not force us into situations that we shouldn't or want to be in. I have no doubt that DE will eventually work towards some fair compromise, but until then the small clans should be advocated for.

Who's bashing on small communities? I've yet to see a "small clans suck" type post. DE making it harder for small clans is by no means bashing. Sadly it actually makes sense.

Think about it. If all this space ninja stuff was real. Who would be more likely to have a better dojo? A clan of 100 space ninjas, or a clan of 5? It's like economics 101.

Keep in mind I'm not pro-big-clan either. Heck I'm not pro-small-clan even. I'm just stating what seems to be the obvious.

Edited by Aramahn

I never played MMO´s before and only MP game I played was ME3,so I´m not used to that things like clan ranks,rules,duties and obligations,because of that I created my own clan with one friend I respect  and that´s it.

I think 95% of my 4000 games I played in ME3 MP was with random people and I will continue with that in Warframe,if possible.

Most clans only have the simple rule of being respectful to eachother. That's it. Not a lot to be intimidated by there.

Most clans only have the simple rule of being respectful to eachother. That's it. Not a lot to be intimidated by there.

Don´t get me wrong,I´m not anti-social or something(I think,lol),but I was member of one large group and I felt lost in it.

It was like a beehive.

This is not a rage rant.

I love this game.   <---- notice the period!

The fact that clans can now make weapons not available to people like myself who have no interest in clan play is something I would like you to rethink.   Having played in guilds, clans, "name that group", in many many games over the decades I have come to the realization that I really don't enjoy group play.   So I avoid groups.

Usually it means that I have to find PUG's to play with.  Not really a problem, as I get along with others well in game.   Other games have implemented group benefits, and I have just had to suck it up and do without.   

This inability to enjoy some of this game's awesomeness really sucks though.   So just as a request if you can find a way for those of us who are Ronin, to enjoy the full range of this great game we would be greatful.

In the keeping of the ancient ways of the samurai, long live the Ronin!

Sunwolf.

I made a clan to tackle that very problem. It's very hands off, you don't have to interact with anyone. The only time we interact is when we're trying to work out how best to do something while allowing everybody to keep doing what they want by themselves.

Who's bashing on small communities? I've yet to see a "small clans suck" type post. DE making it harder for small clans is by no means bashing. Sadly it actually makes sense.

Think about it. If all this space ninja stuff wad real. Who would be more likely to have a better dojo? A clan of 100 space ninjas, or a clan of 5? It's like economics 101.

Keep in mind I'm not pro-big-clan either. Heck I'm not pro-small-clan even. I'm just stating what seems to be the obvious.

Bashing may have been too heavy of a word, but the multiple "suggestions" of fusing into another clan are rather unappreciated to me. I find it rather irritating that some people refuse to even think about smaller communities being somewhat viable, just because that's what the current build is around. Again, I'm sure they will provide something for the smaller clans eventually.

As for the dojo, neither. We are the last of the Tenno have lost so much. If anything, we'd probably just slaughter everyone aboard a ship and then repurpose it to suit our needs and then continue to salvage other ships.

I've stated before that a decent fix for small dojos that wouldn't undermine large ones would be multiple tile sets for dojos. Ranging from ultra modest all the way up to super bling. That way all size of clans could still have the benefit of the dojo.

Still, this is just an idea. This does not help those who want the benefits right this minute. For those, my 3 earlier options are all you have.

I've stated before that a decent fix for small dojos that wouldn't undermine large ones would be multiple tile sets for dojos. Ranging from ultra modest all the way up to super bling. That way all size of clans could still have the benefit of the dojo.

Still, this is just an idea. This does not help those who want the benefits right this minute. For those, my 3 earlier options are all you have.

Any constructive idea that can be refined with time is better than nothing.

Think about it. If all this space ninja stuff was real. Who would be more likely to have a better dojo? A clan of 100 space ninjas, or a clan of 5? It's like economics 101.

Space ninjaz with skillz get better space dojoz, hundred space ninjaz get big farm and become space farmarz.

Space ninjaz with skillz get better space dojoz, hundred space ninjaz get big farm and become space farmarz.

I knew somebody would go this route. Ok let me fix my example. 100 EQUALLY SKILLED AND DEDICATED space ninjas vs 5 EQUALLY SKILLED AND DEDICATED space ninjas. Who is likely to have a better dojo?

Sure we can all come up with scenarios where the small clan would have a better dojo. But that is far and away from being the MOST LIKELY outcome.

In my original post I did not mention the dojo.  I really have no reason to want to pit my skills against another human player.  This is a personal perspective and I make no judgements if you feel this is a good or a bad area of the game.

The only thing I was asking for was to allow the Ronin the ability to obtain the same gear as the Warlord Gangs.  This is what a Beta project is about,  evaluating the game and making respectful requests of the development team to consider.

If they do not do this then those of us who prefer to remain solo will have to decide how to work within the framework of the game.   No hate, no drama, just the fact that life does not always go your way.

Still cheerfully enjoying this game.

I apologize for the title of my post.  I really do not think you hate the Ronin.   I suppose when I first typed it I was trying for a dramatic feel, upon further consideration it is in bad taste, and I apologize.

Edited by SunWo1f

I agree and this goes to small group of real life friends as well. What harm would it do if there would be a tiny tiny chance to get the same items for example alert mission awards but they would be made so rare that the small clans have nearly gotten to that point anyway in the Dojo system and bigger clans would have been owning all that content for weeks or months, who would it harm, really. You can't buy the guns from the market after all so again, who would it harm?. If they implement a way, even if it very rare random event in game, like a small chance drop from stalker, who would it harm? If it rare enough it doesn't have any negative effect to big clans and still gives everyone opportunity to enjoy the game to it's fullest.