Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Game Character Are You Most Like?

PsychedelicSnake

So I looked up some extended universe lore last night... The Didact did survive the grenade straight to the chest, and falling hundreds of feet into whatever the Composer uses to disintegrate humans, but anyway, he was killed at the Composer array, when Chief blew off a chunk of Installation 03, sending it crashing into the Composer array, causing some kind of micro-activation, destroying the Composer array, and the Didact. So he's confirmed totally dead.

Hate to derail, but the Didact may not be dead. The Master Chief later talked to Fleet Admiral Hood and said that be believed that the Didact is "contained" and may not truly be dead. After all, his essence still exists in digital form. All this is from Halo: Escalation (Issue 10) and multiple visits to various Halo-related sites.

Hate to derail, but the Didact may not be dead. The Master Chief later talked to Fleet Admiral Hood and said that be believed that the Didact is "contained" and may not truly be dead. After all, his essence still exists in digital form. All this is from Halo: Escalation (Issue 10) and multiple visits to various Halo-related sites.

I only read the synopsis on the wiki, but getting disintegrated, sounds pretty dead to me.

I only read the synopsis on the wiki, but getting disintegrated, sounds pretty dead to me.

Disintegrated by multiple Composers, his essence thus being stored. His physical body is gone, but the rest remains. Plus there's the conversation between the Master Chief and Hood toward the end that further hinted his survival. Not only that, there's what appears to be more Promethean enemies in Halo 5. There's the chance he really is dead, but all this ominous and layered stuff makes me thing we'll be seeing more of him in some way. If you only read the synopsis, it helps to read the full issue. It's much less "summarized", of course.

Anyway, back to topic.