Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 Aug Concepts, Rhino And Mesa

Reaver_X

2 augment concepts i came up with for rhino and mesa, i think their both quite interesting and would be awesome additions to the game if they were actually considered.

Rhino Aug: Ground and Pound (rhino charge aug)

Description:

By holding down the corresponding ability key, rhino will charge forward and grab the nearest enemy by their face, slamming them down to the ground. Rhino will then proceed to beat them with thundering punches that send out shockwaves that stagger all nearby enemies, and the last hit will release a small radial blast that will knock down all other nearby enemies. The downed enemy will recieve massive single target damage. This will also cost an additional amount of energy on top of the normal rhino charge cost if you do hold it down to use this extension.

Mesa Aug: Gravedigger/Widowmaker (peacemaker aug)

Description:

By holding down the corresponding ability key, all of mesa's shots become headshots at the cost of increased energy drain.

what do you think? These sound like they'd definitely be interesting to use. the only thing really left to work on is just how much damage the rhino aug would cause.

Edited by Reaver_X

I don't like anything that makes Peacemaker stronger (Mesa is my most used frame for the record). And unfortunately I don't think the Devs would go for the other one because it means a new, custom animation specific only to the augment...

Edited by Ceryk

well my original idea was to make these just built in parts of the ability that you just get by holding down the button and spending extra energy on them to get these extensions. The idea was to give certain warframe abilities Auxiliary functions.

but someone in council said that this would trivialize augs, so i dunno, what do you say?

and yeah, the animations wouldnt be a problem really. And the mesa aug is fair, you do more damage but at the cost of increased energy drain, so you'd have it up for much less time.

Edited by Reaver_X

I don't like anything that makes Peacemaker stronger (Mesa is my most used frame for the record). And unfortunately I don't think the Devs would go for the other one because it means a new, custom animation specific only to the augment...

Well if u think about it only the grab animation may only be needed since they can use the fist weapons animation on a downed enemy  

Well if u think about it only the grab animation may only be needed since they can use the fist weapons animation on a downed enemy  

except they'd need to make it a bit more epic, but yeah.

and yeah since the 1 mesa thing is kind of a straight buff, maybe that WOULD be better off as what i was talking about,  yknow, auxilary functions and all that.