Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can You Polarize More Than Once?

Xandielm

Question

I know no one has been able to actual test this yet but from what I can see it looks like you can on polarize a weapon once unless when you get the weapon to 30 again the button to do it again reappears.  Anyone know if this is true?

14 answers to this question

Pay your attention clearly!!! If you read changes trade... Each time your weapon gain level 30 you can use polarize. After you use it and up weapon to 30 lvl again, you can use polarize.

Edited by ETQW

This sounds bit bad, so easy to make uber WF/weapon now. I hope the Affinity needed to level again increases a lot every time or we will see such uber characters in few days!

Edited by Ihmemiez

Ok just a clarification, how do you get the very same weapon up to level 30 twice?

I mean, normal or supercharged - you can never make the very same weapon become level 30 twice. What you can do is to make mod slots double up by means of supercharging - making 30 mods slots into 60 mod slots, not the weapon level. Which ofcourse that is, if I am missing something in here.

Better fix the description/tooltip then if that is the case because its misleading.

*edited/added part*

POLARIZE WEAPON SYSTEM!

- With the newly discovered "Forma", you can now add or swap a polarity value on your weapons everytime you reach level 30.

Maybe what the description says is that:
"With the newly discovered "Forma", You now have the option of adding in or swapping polarity value(s) on your weapon(s) once it reaches level 30."

"Everytime you reach level 30" is just vague because it could be anything from any weapon to any warframes.

Edited by kiiri

Ok just a clarification, how do you get the very same weapon up to level 30 twice?

I mean, normal or supercharged - you can never make the very same weapon become level 30 twice. What you can do is to make mod slots double up by means of supercharging - making 30 mods slots into 60 mod slots, not the weapon level. Which ofcourse that is, if I am missing something in here.

Better fix the description/tooltip then if that is the case because its misleading.

POLARIZE WEAPON SYSTEM!

-Got your gear to level 30? Prepare to Polarize!

-With the newly discovered “Forma”, you can now add or swap a Polarity value on your gear every time you reach level 30.

Did you heard about this?

Kiiri, you are missing a lot :)

U8 introduced polarization, so you can change any slot polarization to what you want after levelling it to 30 and using some "thingy" (cant remember the name atm). It resets the weapons (or warframes) rank to 0 and you can level again. And seems you can do this forever what makes it op imo, unless the affinity needed to rank up weapon again is allwaya increased lots.

This sounds bit bad, so easy to make uber WF/weapon now. I hope the Affinity needed to level again increases a lot every time or we will see such uber characters in few days!

not for the free players...

Whats the problem with the op ness?

It is a hard work to level your weapon to 30 over and over again. Also, its possible for everyone, cuz you can get forma like potatoes.

And now the clue: If you polarize your weapon wisely, you just optimize it. You tweak it the way you want it. There is nothing bad on this, cuz everyone could do it :P

It would be "op shiet" if just paying members could use forma. But they will buy a potatoe instead, which makes the forma stuff really unneeded cuz you dont have enough mod-space in a weapon to fill it with every mod you want, even if you have enough mod capa. (20 mod capa? weapon fully loaded with mods? right polas ? okay, still 30 unused points!) - dont be angry if you cant use a forma right now. some day you can :3

Well each polarizing costs Forma, which isn't a cheap resource. Plus if you did polarize all 8 slots and put mods in there, to max out the capacity would take A LOT of mods at very high ranks. Each rank on a mod takes twice as much as the previous, and thats if you use duplicates of the mod. So to upgrade a rank 6 mod to rank 7 would take 2^6 = 64 duplicates. For 7 to 8 it will take 2^7 = 128 duplicates, 8 to 9 -> 2^8 = 256 and so on.

Of course most people don't have that many duplicates for a mod and thus it will take more. I think different mods but same rarity and polarity count as half and then the math gets fuzzy for fusing with mods that more or less rare than the target, in general more rare = worth more but usually not more than a duplicate and if the polarities don't match it gives you very little, someone correct me if I'm wrong on this. Fusion cores help out but at high ranks you will still need lots of them and high level ones too. The result of the exponential cost of upgrading mods start having staggering costs just to get an extra 15-20% (or less) stat boost. Repeat this for each mod you want to max out and the number of mods/cores becomes very large.

Polarizing has a slight downside effect too. This is kinda noticeable with Excalibur Prime's extra V slot. If you want to put some other mod that doesn't match the polarity then it will cost more to install that mod. Granted since you can choose the slots you want this isn't much of an issue... at first. If you wind up polarising several or all of the slots, the weapon is now very fine tuned and not as flexible since any combinations that stray away from the polarities will actually cost you more mod levels than if it wasn't polarized. I believe this factor will increase as new weapon mods are added that don't have the polarity you have set for your weapon.

Granted this downside is rather small, I believe its only a 25% increase in mod level cost if the polarities don't match, so I can see this getting changed or increased in the future, possibly based on how many times you have polarized a frame/weapon to make highly polarized weapons more specialized.

Forma is also needed for all Dojo construction (at least 5 per 'building') and my (currently) small clan is going to need pretty much all of it for the time being, and I'd (personally) rather help my clanmates (and myself) with researching new weapons than being selfish and overpowering my own weapons.

TL;DR

Yes polarizing has the potential to make very powerful uber weapons/frames. This is balanced by the amount of Forma needed (which is also needed for Dojo construction), time to level the weapon/frame for each polarization (can't upgrade a weapon's rank with plat so everyone has to grind here) and the exponential cost of upgrading mods (while you can get mods with plat, its very random and often you get warframe ability mods whose slots are already polarized, so you're generally better off grinding missions). The system also slightly reduces the flexibility of the weapon/frame as you polarize it more.

So with the exception of getting Forma, even plat users will have some difficulty/grinding an uber weapon/frame with several polarity slots and high rank mods. Not to mention some mods have a relatively low rank limit making polarizing its slot not as useful and limiting the 'OP'-ness.

Edited by Pi_Masta

Myvquestion is on the name. Did they plan on players missing it?

Se man, I need to level my gorgon again. Well, at least I get to formacate. I love adding polarity by formacation.

But it appears to be subject to diminishing returns. After adding 4 V slots, is there any reason to potato? Or add another polarity? Anyone figuered out hoe many polarity slots to max everything you want loaded with max rank mods?

Needing Forma does make this bit harder indeed, but levelling a weapon to max takes few hours these days. My friend allready got a Forma BP from Void (he is a free player, clan members invited) on his 3rd run, lucky I guess.

Is the rumor of getting Void keys from Defense missions as 5th and 10th wave reward true? Been hearing from different sources...