Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Update Graphics Sent My Computer To Hell

Graphically before the update, game play was pretty smooth, frame rates were good. Now since the update, my laptop suddenly cannot handle it's awesomeness. Is there anyway to improve frame rate, without getting a new computer/laptop?

Again how many times do we need to say this please provide system specs

What have system specs to do with the fact that all of a sudden after the update the game is running crappy when all that changed was the game version?

Intel Core, i5 2.5ghz,

500gb memory

Nvidia Geforce 315M, 2gb graphic memory.

4gb RAM.

I know, it's probably the crappy graphics card, but before Update 8 it was running very smoothly. But now, lag.

Edited by Destroyalord7

Intel Core, i5 2.5ghz,

500gb memory

Nvidia Geforce 315M, 2gb graphic memory.

4gb RAM.

I know, it's probably the crappy graphics card, but before Update 8 it was running very smoothly. But now, lag.

its either your processor or the way you have det up your default 3D settings on your nvidia control panel

defo not your graphics card all tho you can run it smoothly with CC and a couple other sub options on with low/low settings

i have a GT320 with everything low and edited default control panel and get pretty good FPS

open your nvidia control panel and click 3d settings and type what you have on and off and il be able to help you there onwards

its either your processor or the way you have det up your default 3D settings on your nvidia control panel

defo not your graphics card all tho you can run it smoothly with CC and a couple other sub options on with low/low settings

i have a GT320 with everything low and edited default control panel and get pretty good FPS

open your nvidia control panel and click 3d settings and type what you have on and off and il be able to help you there onwards

Wow, a lot of things here. Btw, I prefer better performance over quality graphics. All my graphics settings in the game have been either set off or turned to low. Here's the list:

Anti aliasing - gamma correction: Off

Anti aliasing - mode: application controlled

Anti aliasing - setting: application controlled

Anti aliasing- Transparency: Off

CUDA- GPUs: All

Maximum pre-rendered frames: 3

Multi-display/mixed GPU acceleration: Multiple display performance mode

Power: Adaptive

Texture filtering - anisotropic sample optimization: On

Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias: Clamp

Texture filtering - quality: Performance

Texture filtering - trilinear optimization: On

Threaded optimization: Auto

Triple Buffering: Off

Vertical sync: Use the 3D application setting

Thanks for being helpful, DiBBz!

man, he's saying before update it was ok and now it isn't.

Something in the update has failed...

I hope to not find the same surprise once i'm at home....

you dont say im trying to help with his FPS solution try reading before you comment

Wow, a lot of things here. Btw, I prefer better performance over quality graphics. All my graphics settings in the game have been either set off or turned to low. Here's the list:

Anti aliasing - mode: application controlled

Maximum pre-rendered frames: 3

Multi-display/mixed GPU acceleration: Multiple display performance mode

Power: Adaptive

Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias: Clamp

Texture filtering - quality: Performance

Texture filtering - trilinear optimization: On

Vertical sync: Use the 3D application setting

Thanks for being helpful, DiBBz!

here is what i have set for global settings for my 3d settings and they are pure performance settings

Anti aliasing - mode: application controlled / off (up to you)

Maximum pre-rendered frames: use the 3d application settings

Multi-display/mixed GPU acceleration: single display performance (considering you are using a laptop)

Power: prefer maximum performance (note your laptop charger must be connect if you want this to be running no problem)

Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias: Allow - (NEVER CLAMP)

Texture filtering - quality: High Performance

Texture filtering - trilinear optimization: Off - (considering your most likely to be auto using biliner most of the time

Vertical sync: Force off

seems like a hell of a tumble but not really if i cant just say the game still looks great enough in low / low / with only color correction ticked for me

hope this helped in a way , if not much impovment has been made its most likely the processor with 2.5GHz :O , i have i3 540 @ 3.07GHz

DiBBz, on 25 May 2013 - 12:15 AM, said:

here is what i have set for global settings for my 3d settings and they are pure performance settings

Anti aliasing - mode: application controlled / off (up to you)

Maximum pre-rendered frames: use the 3d application settings

Multi-display/mixed GPU acceleration: single display performance (considering you are using a laptop)

Power: prefer maximum performance (note your laptop charger must be connect if you want this to be running no problem)

Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias: Allow - (NEVER CLAMP)

Texture filtering - quality: High Performance

Texture filtering - trilinear optimization: Off - (considering your most likely to be auto using biliner most of the time

Vertical sync: Force off

seems like a hell of a tumble but not really if i cant just say the game still looks great enough in low / low / with only color correction ticked for me

hope this helped in a way , if not much impovment has been made its most likely the processor with 2.5GHz :O , i have i3 540 @ 3.07GHz

Hmm, under the Vertical Sync factor, it doesn't show up a Force Off value, just Off.

Thanks man, it helps quite a bit. Yes you are definitely right about plugging in power... I run out in about 30-40 mins of game play XD.

The graphics have taken a huge dump, but it's ok as long as I know what i'm shooting at!

My frame rate went from 14fps to 23fps. Kudos to you DiBBz!

Edited by Destroyalord7

Hmm, under the Vertical Sync factor, it doesn't show up a Force Off value, just Off.

Thanks man, it helps quite a bit. Yes you are definitely right about plugging in power... I run out in about 30-40 mins of game play XD.

The graphics have taken a huge dump, but it's ok as long as I know what i'm shooting at!

My frame rate went from 14fps to 23fps. Kudos to you DiBBz!

np if you are needing any more help feel free to private msg me at any time

man, he's saying before update it was ok and now it isn't.

Something in the update has failed...

I hope to not find the same surprise once i'm at home....

Not really, considering that the update added larger tile sets with bigger areas, and more enemies, the engine now has allot more stuff to render, so frame rate drops should be expected. In the mean time, posting the type of hardware he has will help forum users help him, and help DE optimise their engine.