Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring Back Old Coptering

Rend_

It was not accepted as a feature. It was purposefully ignored, simply because nothing better was available. They're not the same thing.

Combos in fighting games, for example, are an example of a big becoming a feature. They identified, isolated and tested it, then refined it in such a way that it's almost a staple in fighting games today. It wasn't just dumped there.

No, it was indeed adopted as an official feature. IIRC DE even went so far as to fix the initial bug in such a way that it made coptering something they could better control. It wasn't ignored, it was constantly discussed and even when we got melee 2.0, they specifically saved it. 

the reason they took out coppering has nothing to do with how it works with the new movement system, it's about people using faster melee weapons over slower ones because they want speed.

I already knew that...

Wow complain much guys? Can't wait for the thread to lock because it gets thrown into a full-blown argument. It literally just came out, give it a chance, if you feel like something isn't right or should be looked at again, you know you can post about that instead. Positive feedback/constructive criticism rather than immediately resorting to, "Give me the old system back! I don't like it!"

Edited by (XB1)TsK x BraVo

Wow complain much guys? Can't wait for the thread to lock because it gets thrown into a full-blown argument. It literally just came out, give it a chance, if you feel like something isn't right or should be looked at again, you know you can post about that instead. Positive feedback/constructive criticism rather than immediately resorting to, "Give me the old system back! I don't like it!"

Wow don't read much guy? There have been several posts this thread about why parkour 2.0 is bad, but clearly everyone instantly loves everything made by devs who don't even play their own game dishes out.

No, it was indeed adopted as an official feature. IIRC DE even went so far as to fix the initial bug in such a way that it made coptering something they could better control. It wasn't ignored, it was constantly discussed and even when we got melee 2.0, they specifically saved it.

I already knew that...

And yet, where is it? Gone now, replaced by an entirely more fluid and less gear dependent system. It may still need some ironing out, but altogether it's better than shooting someone across the map with one swing of their canoe paddle or tiny axes.

And yet, where is it? Gone now, replaced by an entirely more fluid and less gear dependent system. It may still need some ironing out, but altogether it's better than shooting someone across the map with one swing of their canoe paddle or tiny axes.

It was removed, didn't you here? Oh, are you trying to discredit its former feature status by bringing up its removal? In its current form bullet jumping isn't fluid, it has this nasty habit of cancelling your momentum and stopping you from running after you land. Its dependency on gear has just shifted from one place to another. Coptering was dependent on attack speed, this meant your melee weapons and their mods mattered. Currently bullet jumping is dependent on frame mods. One layer of dependency being removed is nice, but not when the feature itself fails to give us what coptering did. Whether or not it is better is a matter of opinion.

Wow don't read much guy? There have been several posts this thread about why parkour 2.0 is bad, but clearly everyone instantly loves everything made by devs who don't even play their own game dishes out.

And it's all negative whining for the most part. Tell them what they could do to fix it rather than making it a ridiculously big deal. The game's free to play ffs so it's not like we don't have some sort of control as to what they game evolves into. They spent a long time working on it, so it'd be best to give feedback rather than pouting and hoping for some change to magically happen. Wouldn't you rather listen to a properly structured argument as to why this new system needs changes instead of someone complaining and sh*tting on something you worked on for a long time?

Edited by (XB1)TsK x BraVo

game is painfuly slow now, I never really did true copter but even on ground slide attacks become useless, by trying to remove coptering they cripled one of attacks in game, it has far too short range to be useful in combat especially since it now frequently puts you in the middle of enemy group. this change made many melee weapons that had fast attacks completly useless.

It was removed, didn't you here? Oh, are you trying to discredit its former feature status by bringing up its removal? In its current form bullet jumping isn't fluid, it has this nasty habit of cancelling your momentum and stopping you from running after you land. Its dependency on gear has just shifted from one place to another. Coptering was dependent on attack speed, this meant your melee weapons and their mods mattered. Currently bullet jumping is dependent on frame mods. One layer of dependency being removed is nice, but not when the feature itself fails to give us what coptering did. Whether or not it is better is a matter of opinion.

It was a bug, plain and simple. Not a feature.

Pitching yourself across the largest map in the game in 2 swings was never intended. Bullet Jump isn't at it's best right now, but it's a hell of a lot better than coptering. You do not depend on mods to use Bullet Jump, the same way you don't depend on reload mods to reload. You depended on certain weapons for coptering, because most of the others literally could not activate the bug that threw you. The max attack speed of the Scindo Prime would never take you as far as the regular Tipedo. It's a good thing that Bullet Jump doesn't give us coptering's level of broken, not bad.

And it's all negative whining for the most part. Tell them what they could do to fix it rather than making it a ridiculously big deal. The game's free to play ffs so it's not like we don't have some sort of control as to what they game evolves into. They spent a long time working on it, so it'd be best to give feedback rather than pouting and hoping for some change to magically happen. Wouldn't you rather listen to a properly structured argument as to why this new system needs changes instead of someone complaining and sh*tting on something you worked on for a long time?

You REALLY don't read do you? Look at my icon. "Grand Master Founder" I've been around this game for quite some time and only until recently have I felt the need to hit the forums. There have been plenty of people posting actual valid pieces of feedback aside from "oh no this sux its 2 hrd go bk 2 old wrfrm" But mongoloids like you read the title of a thread, instantly post as though you have a complete understanding for what is going on in said thread, and continue to ignore the valid points of criticism and feedback because it better suits you to be ignorant of things. You're complaining about other people complaining doesn't make it any easier for other people to find those aforementioned posts of decent feedback. So if you would kindly just shut up unless you have any decent counter points to present.

How did Coptering make any sense.

You are an engineered killing machine with muscles strong enough to force apart Grineer bodies not only in halfs, but in swathes. How does it not makes sense that you can dash forward with your dinky little daggers at incredible speed, or use the force of your jump along with the momentum of your weapons swing to carry you far.

Granted air-dash coptering was pretty silly.

You are an engineered killing machine with muscles strong enough to force apart Grineer bodies not only in halfs, but in swathes. How does it not makes sense that you can dash forward with your dinky little daggers at incredible speed, or use the force of your jump along with the momentum of your weapons swing to carry you far.

Granted air-dash coptering was pretty silly.

So this makes perfect sense then?

http://gfycat.com/MealyBiodegradableCusimanse

This makes total sense and the action is completely logical. In fact, let's ignore how the frame itself hasn't smashed it's body into a broken heap, and just say that the the speed makes perfect sense. More so than how Parkour 2.0 acts.

Edited by TheErebus.

This makes total sense and the action is completely logical. In fact, let's ignore how the frame itself hasn't smashed it's body into a broken heap, and just say that the the speed makes perfect sense. More so than how Parkour 2.0 acts.

What is reading comprehension? I clearly said in the LAST SENTENCE of my post, that air-dash coptering was silly.

And how exactly does literally skipping on a wall make more sense than using warframes insane muscles to propel them great distances in an attempt to rend flesh on a massive scale?  I've seen transformice walljumping that made more sense than the current warframes literal small girl skipping on a wall to gain height or distance.

And explain to me how Bullet jumping mid air-slide into a double jump into an air-glide makes sense exactly. Former jump limits on warframe made more sense than this current heap of garbage.

Warframes, Warframes, smashing into doorframes.

I always used the flip jump and directional melee for my mobility needs, and I'm really digging Parkour 2.0 at the moment because it's a lot less jank than the old parkour - I love being able to change direction instantly while wallrunning.

I never bothered learning how to copter, because there were other ways to go fast that enabled me to use whatever melee weapon I liked, so I find it hard to sympathize with those whose entire world has been shattered by this change. Some people are even claiming that melee is completely pointless now, but the last time I checked my Atterax could do 40 waves of Sechura by itself.

I primarily use my melee weapon for hitting people, though. I'm a maverick like that.

You REALLY don't read do you? Look at my icon. "Grand Master Founder" I've been around this game for quite some time and only until recently have I felt the need to hit the forums. There have been plenty of people posting actual valid pieces of feedback aside from "oh no this sux its 2 hrd go bk 2 old wrfrm" But mongoloids like you read the title of a thread, instantly post as though you have a complete understanding for what is going on in said thread, and continue to ignore the valid points of criticism and feedback because it better suits you to be ignorant of things. You're complaining about other people complaining doesn't make it any easier for other people to find those aforementioned posts of decent feedback. So if you would kindly just shut up unless you have any decent counter points to present.

Yes grand master senpai. This has been going nowhere from the start, so I'll be on my way and wait till these ragestorm threads are gone.

What is reading comprehension? I clearly said in the LAST SENTENCE of my post, that air-dash coptering was silly.

Coptering is coptering. Doesn't matter if it's done in the air or if it's done on the ground.

And how exactly does literally skipping on a wall make more sense than using warframes insane muscles to propel them great distances in an attempt to rend flesh on a massive scale?  I've seen transformice walljumping that made more sense than the current warframes literal small girl skipping on a wall to gain height or distance.

I think your problem is that you're taking this waaaay too seriously, and this is coming from a nitpicker of things that don't make sense in video games.

But whatever, hate on the new system all you want. Either come up with ways to improve upon and accept that this is how it's going to be or leave.

primarily use my melee weapon for hitting people, though. I'm a maverick like that.

*GASP*

YOU'RE USING A MELEE WEAPON FOR HITTING THINGS INSTEAD OF SKIPPING ENTIRE SECTIONS OF MAPS?!

HERESY!

I think your problem is that you're taking this waaaay too seriously, and this is coming from a nitpicker of things that don't make sense in video games.

But whatever, hate on the new system all you want. Either come up with ways to improve upon and accept that this is how it's going to be or leave.

You are saying i'm taking this waaaaay too seriously but you are taking the old form of coptering waaaaay too seriously by the same token.

You want improvements? Bring back coptering as an option for people who would rather copter over this parkour 2.0. Job is done, debates over, coptergods will speed past you scrub parpours all day. Melee was fantastic before as a fast escape, and a fast engage for many missions, but now the only form of movement is that absurd bullet jump that moves no faster than sprint and does nothing to move enemies you can kiss any emergency escapes goodbye.

Now if you aren't going to actually contribute as to WHY parkour is a good thing aside from "I like it" then present a solution or leave.

In fact, few of the actual complaints are specifically about Copering, but rather a fair degree of clunkyness and the overall feel of the game.

My complaint is that Skellington is taking the logic thing far too seriously. The clunky nature is none of my concern.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Removed Hidden Quote

You are saying i'm taking this waaaaay too seriously but you are taking the old form of coptering waaaaay too seriously by the same token.

I took it seriously because in terms of gameplay and overall looks, it was ugly and messy. I had no issues with it logically, which is what you have an issue with and what this whole discussion is about. In fact, this marks the first time I had to look at coptering with a logical view point.

You want improvements? Bring back coptering as an option for people who would rather copter over this parkour 2.0. Job is done, debates over, coptergods will speed past you scrub parpours all day. 

I asked of you to come up with ways to improve the current system. Not just say "bring back the old one". 

Now if you aren't going to actually contribute as to WHY parkour is a good thing aside from "I like it" then present a solution or leave.

I never even said I liked it. 

Wanna put more words in my mouth?

Edited by TheErebus.

Excuse me?

I said leave once, and only once.

My complaint is that Skellington is taking the logic thing far too seriously. The clunky nature is none of my concern.

If you read some of my previous posts as to why I found this parkour business bad, you would see its far more than double jumping being illogical. I find double jumping great in games when it is executed properly. Sadly that is not the case here, nor are any of the other parkour elements.

For one, I agree with Erebus. In no way is it logical to swing in a dagger in the air and go soaring all the way across China. Coptering is gone and its a good change, maybe now the players who put time into training their parkour skills will get some appreciation.

If you read some of my previous posts as to why I found this parkour business bad, you would see its far more than double jumping being illogical. I find double jumping great in games when it is executed properly. Sadly that is not the case here, nor are any of the other parkour elements.

That discussion is not what I have an issue with, it's the logical side that I have an issue with. That is all.

I asked of you to come up with ways to improve the current system. Not just say "bring back the old one". 

I did "improve the current system" I didn't even say to "bring the old one back" give the players the option to choose if they want to copter, or parkour. Or tweak old wall running to allow for wall clings, as the current system for wall running doesn't allow you to run and gun easily, nor does gunning while having to mash a 6 keystroke combo for movement while avoiding enemy fire, and returning fire.

Giving an option to use one or the other, isn't just saying bring back the old system as it allows for the current to coincide.

Gameplay wise mashing ctrl+w+space+shift+RMB to in essence float around like Max Payne and Metal Marios illegitimate child is a better choice than shift+ctrl+E to clear distance and kill targets. Got it, I see where you stand on that one.

Pushing more buttons means gameplay is instantly better.