Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stamina Removal = Cannot Parry Melee

Otakuwolf

Hi everyone !

Is it just me or the stamina removal you cannot parry anymore melee attacks from enemies ? Or is it just a bug ?

Being a "sword alone" kind of player, before today i included stamina mods to increase the swing and parry time while meleeing... but now that the stamina is gone it looks like i cannot parry anymore enemy melee attacks without getting staggered, was this planned too ?

Parrying now reduce damage, based on what weapon you use. If you channel while parying you block full dmg and also reflect some of the dmg on enemeys.

To me that doesen't make sense, i mean, if i parry a hit, how comes that i still take damage ?

It's like all the work DE has done to revamp melee and make it an actually viable alternative to gunplay flew out of the window, what would be the point of going melee now that i take damage even while parrying when almost all the enemies shoot at you and those that don't seem to stagger you and still damage you anyway on hit ?

Sorry, but i'm really not liking how the stamina removal is affecting melee combat right now, if i parry i should parry ALL the damage, maybe for a set amount of time but not just part of it, that makes as much sense as when you start bleeding for a hit you didn't actually take because your shield is still up.

DE please, you did a great job with Melee 2.0 to make it a viable alternative to gunplay, those changes to stamina are making swordfight pointless (or almost) again, and to a kind of player like me who enjoys blades and hand to hand combat more than guns is a low hit.

And no, before anyone would say that parrying as before but without stamina would make melee combat OP, i say you still have to get close to your enemies and you cannot parry from every angle, try to do that in a room full of enemies, especially when there are heavy units around, and you'll see that is not OP.

I'm going to post my suggestion for fixing the blocking issue here, as I agree that the current damage reduction based blocking is really bad.  As it is, the damage reduction is so slight you might as well just not block at all (unless you channel while blocking).  My suggestion is that they bring back 100% damage reduction for blocking for 5-10 sec, and then have the damage reduction slowly decrease to zero over the next 15 sec.  The exact times can scale depending on the number of blocked bullets/projectiles (i.e. the more people shooting at you, the less time you can block).  Once you stop blocking, damage reduction/the amount of time you can block can start to slowly build back up.