Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

14+ Warframe, 70+ Weapons, Yet, 2 Warframe Slots, 8 Weapons Slots.

You dont delete your progress, mastery doesnt disappear when you delete the item.

Context, you know. I knew someone would misunderstand it, but I didn't change it because I didn't believe anyone would be silly enough.

"Woo, yeah! Just spent 5/10/15/whatever hours maxing dis weapon/Frame that I spent lots of time farming and that may or may not have a potato!"

*deletes it*

Edited by FatalX7

Context, you know. I knew someone would misunderstand it, but I didn't change it because I didn't believe anyone would be silly enough.

"Woo, yeah! Just spent 5/10/15/whatever hours maxing dis weapon/Frame that I spent lots of time farming and that may or may not have a potato!"

*deletes it*

People dont read minds, explain what you mean by progress because the definition of what progress is in this game can mean several things.

can mean several things.

Exactly, and that should have been easily obvious with a little thought and a small amount of reading.

I've repeated this word for word so many times over the last few months and this is the first time someone has ever had a problem understanding.

Excuse me while I retrieve my brain matter from the walls and floor.

Edited by FatalX7

IMO the things that make an F2P game successful are (based on my experience with games like LoL and planetside 2, to a lesser degree hawken, MWO)

1: Everything functional is completely available with sufficient time to any player, paid or otherwise.

2: the gameplay is fun or interesting of in own accord, not just with the promise of in game reward.

From my (free player) perspective, WF has neither. I'll probably be done take a break or quit completely in 3 weeks or so when I get board of hoping the RNG will roll me something decent. 

1.) Because you can't get everything via play?

2.) that's a personal issue, many people find the gameplay to be very fun, myself included.

If you don't like the game you don't like the game but don't pretend there is something keeping you from actually getting any weapon or frame other than time and in some cases luck.

Seriously these threads are getting old.

Out of all the people here complaining about the cost and such.. I have a lot of yard work, I need my basement cleared out and I have a ton of other labor tasks I can start putting people to.

Who here wants to do them for no pay?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Stop suggesting DE should be willing to work for free too kthanxbai.

Seriously these threads are getting old.

Out of all the people here complaining about the cost and such.. I have a lot of yard work, I need my basement cleared out and I have a ton of other labor tasks I can start putting people to.

Who here wants to do them for no pay?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Stop suggesting DE should be willing to work for free too kthanxbai.

I would love to if my body had it's full mobility!

I think it's funny how the mention of adding an option here and there and more things to do means that DE is working for free and will lose money, 'cause a lot of thought goes into that, right?

I would love to if my body had it's full mobility!

I think it's funny how the mention of adding an option here and there and more things to do means that DE is working for free and will lose money, 'cause a lot of thought goes into that, right?

So giving away items that are normally paid for isn't losing money? Virtual or not?

end of the day this "option" is begging for a PAID item to be offered for free is it not?

Edited by Bakim0n0

You can get all those slots for $50USD.  Which is not terribly unreasonable.  The problem is paying for everything else, potatoes in particular.  They drop so rarely that the game is Virtually Pay To Win.

I have almost 7 of each potato. I think it's just luck and maybe using the droid app. 

Either way the real problem is where does it end when it comes to buying inv space? I have 8 slots now, but how many Warframes and weapons do they plan to have? I feel like they could possibly shoot themselves in the foot in the longrun when people have all the Warframes they do like and see no reason to use others. We can only use one at a time and realistically, you only need just one. All the others I've tried after Rhino just don't feel worth it. I find myself rushing them to 30 just to quit using them. It really doesn't encourage me to buy more slots since I only need one Warframe. 

Even with weapons you just need one that can kill a boss, one that can clear a mob, and something that fills whatever niche is left over.

IMO the things that make an F2P game successful are (based on my experience with games like LoL and planetside 2, to a lesser degree hawken, MWO)

1: Everything functional is completely available with sufficient time to any player, paid or otherwise.

2: the gameplay is fun or interesting of in own accord, not just with the promise of in game reward.

From my (free player) perspective, WF has neither. I'll probably be done take a break or quit completely in 3 weeks or so when I get board of hoping the RNG will roll me something decent. 

I have to agree with this. I mean League has the perfect system. You progress by playing through and you don't have to pay for content to progress.

Rune Pages, Champions etc. All can be earned by playing. However, the only pay process is for skins (which I completely understand and don't mind). Also, Champion sales are for pay only vs IP. Which is fine as well.

That to me is the perfect system as you don't have to pay to progress or limit yourself.

Edited by IckyFlex

Exactly, and that should have been easily obvious with a little thought and a small amount of reading.

Right.... but i am not going to reply to every possibility

I've repeated this word for word so many times over the last few months and this is the first time someone has ever had a problem understanding.

Excuse me while I retrieve my brain matter from the walls and floor.

Ok.... but i dont follow your posting to magically know what you mean.

So giving away items that are normally paid for isn't losing money? Virtual or not?

They could potentially have spent the money used to slots on other things such as cosmetic, and in addition, make the customer go home with a good feeling of the company isn't trying to screw them over every second.

end of the day this "option" is begging for a PAID item to be offered for free is it not?

Because the paid versions are being taken away, right? Because every single person in the game is going to stop paying, based on whatever, right? Just like how they stop paying for the other things that have free options, right?

Uh-huh, I got it now.

Right.... but i am not going to reply to every possibility

Ok.... but i dont follow your posting to magically know what you mean.

Reply to every possibility? Follow my posting? All you had to do was read like two of the sentences you quoted and move on with your life.

So can we move on with our lives now? We're not getting anywhere.

Edited by FatalX7

They could potentially have spent the money used to slots on other things such as cosmetic, and in addition, make the customer go home with a good feeling of the company isn't trying to screw them over every second.

Potentially? Yes. If McDonalds started giving away sodas their customers could potentially spend the money on hamburgers and fries...

In practice? It doesn't work so well unless they are promotional and require additional purchases.

Also, if someone feels like DE is screwing them over with slots being paid items... I just don't know what to say. Learn what it is to live life, play other f2p games, get a job, get some life experience and LEARN what being screwed over really is.

Reply to every possibility? Follow my posting? All you had to do was read like two of the sentences you quoted and move on with your life.

So can we move on with our lives now? We're not getting anywhere.

No we must stay on this infinite loop of silliness because you didnt elaborate in your original post.

Your turn now.

Because the paid versions are being taken away, right? Because every single person in the game is going to stop paying, based on whatever, right? Just like how they stop paying for the other things that have free options, right?

Uh-huh, I got it now.

There is less incentive to buy and it's unfair to those who *did* pay without issuing massive refunds. I know before I reset (because I am currently not sitting on maxed out slots) I would have demanded a refund for any slots opened up for free via play; I paid for them because I had no alternative but I had no problem with that.

Think about that critically from a business perspective...

Do you piss off your PAYING clients to cater to those who do not pay?

Something tells me you'd run a business into the ground if you managed it.

Potentially? Yes. If McDonalds started giving away sodas their customers could potentially spend the money on hamburgers and fries...

In practice? It doesn't work so well unless they are promotional and require additional purchases.

Also, if someone feels like DE is screwing them over with slots being paid items... I just don't know what to say. Learn what it is to live life, play other f2p games, get a job, get some life experience and LEARN what being screwed over really is.

By potentially, I meant the free players who still are in doubt whether they should spend money on the game or not, and if they feel it is absolutely necessary to dump the money on slots in order for them to just experience new content, will most likely not end up as being the loyal customer and defend the rationale when the dev try new things which include real money.

yeah kinda sucks but oh well.  I mean, the rest of the game is nice and all but it stinks that you have only 2 slots (technicaly one since your default excaliber takes up a spot).   I think they should have had people have a default of 4 (including excaliber) so that way people could have a chance of getting "The main four" (rhino, excal, loki, mag)  or whoever they choose.

rhino or Volt? Pre-update 7 Volt was a starter, not Mag and rhino has never been one :)

I would really like buying some plat but I think that using it on slots is a waste of money. I've playing here since January, one of the first days of January and of all the friends of mine I'm the only one that hasn't dropped yet. I really enjoy it but I feel... Limited. I've used over 100 plat on slots, now I have full weapon slots (already deleted some weapons that I really liked) and still 2 frames slot free (trying them all, going to delete frost when I'll complete the prime one and delete ember, I don't like her as much as the others that I have).

I don't know why you have to pay for SLOTS, it doesn't make you want to pay to play more, it makes you want to quit the game. If I would like to get 20$ of plat and buy some frames/weapons I'm limited by slots and I don't say "I will buy more platinum, because I want the slots too", I just won't pay anything, because that upset me and really limits everything that I can do :C

sorry for my bad eng, still studying it :)

Edited by Damned72

There is less incentive to buy and it's unfair to those who *did* pay without issuing massive refunds. I know before I reset (because I am currently not sitting on maxed out slots) I would have demanded a refund for any slots opened up for free via play; I paid for them because I had no alternative but I had no problem with that.

Think about that critically from a business perspective...

Do you &!$$ off your PAYING clients to cater to those who do not pay?

Something tells me you'd run a business into the ground if you managed it.

Less incentive? And how do you know what happens? What are you basing this off of? Any research, numbers, personal experience?

Is it also unfair that other items can be obtained for free? What you seem to be ignoring is 'time'. For whatever reason, it seems that you think slots would be acquired quickly, easily and in large amounts, surpassing the convenience of pay option.

A slot of your choice every, or every other, rank would take time. Just like farming a weapon or a Warframe, it'll take time. Just like with a weapon or a Warframe, people would still buy them to bypass that time. Paying would still be the quicker, more convient option and it wouldn't be barrier. That's how it should be, not some kind of restriction.

You want people to be comfortable when they play your game, you want for them to want to spend money, for them to genuinely like it. When people like spending money on something, then they'll spend more of it on that something. When people don't like spending money on something, then they won't spend money on that something. Human brains are crazy, huh?

I'm just spouting basic pyschology and talking about the "ideal balance" of MMOs that people have talked about for years.

The very fact that I had to buy slots, where the default amount is slowly becoming too small, already pissed me off.

There are other games that give you small amounts of inventory for free. Like Vindictus and Guild Wars 2, where you get a two/three extra storage chests through quests or leather bags from enemies and merchants. They don't surpass the paying option, but they don't make the paying option necessary, either. And I can't believe I just used Nexon's cash shop in a positive light...

Out of curiosity, why did you buy your Founder package?

By potentially, I meant the free players who still are in doubt whether they should spend money on the game or not, and if they feel it is absolutely necessary to dump the money on slots in order for them to just experience new content, will most likely not end up as being the loyal customer and defend the rationale when the dev try new things which include real money.

I keep hearing this argument...

THERE IS NO REQUIREMENT TO SPEND MONEY ON SLOTS TO EXPERIENCE NEW CONTENT.

Paying money saves time and adds convenience. Sure, some things are going to be very very difficult to obtain free because they are largely chance based but there is no *REQUIREMENT* to pay to achieve them. I have plenty of friends in game who haven't spent a dime and are sitting at mastery rank 7-8 and have used every weapon they are interested in (barring new ones from u8) with their 3 frame / 10 weapon limit.

My brother started as a free player; he's 13 and has no job and no allowance... he wanted to get some plat so he actually went out door to door and did chores and such to scrounge up 20 (and later another 30) to *buy* his founder package without help from anyone else because he wanted to be able to collect everything. He didn't piss and moan about how terrible it was that he had to do that, he understood he could play with whatever he wanted to but he'd be limited as to what he could keep.

Guys. Guys.

Wait a second

Guys

Hey

Yo

Guys

What if

Hey

What if

What if instead of throwing 60 dollars at "AAA" title games that last 10 hours top, you actually put in 20 dollars, buy a disciple badge, then buy 18 warframe slots or 30 weapons slots?

"skresh u loco y wuld any1 pay money for a F2P GAEM!?!???!?"

Because, friends, is this game is worth more than any silly reskins EA or InfinityArch release every year for 60 dollars? I think it is. Why don't you?

Less incentive? And how do you know what happens? What are you basing this off of? Any research, numbers, personal experience?

Is it also unfair that other items can be obtained for free? What you seem to be ignoring is 'time'. For whatever reason, it seems that you think slots would be acquired quickly, easily and in large amounts, surpassing the convenience of pay option.

A slot of your choice every, or every other, rank would take time. Just like farming a weapon or a Warframe, it'll take time. Just like with a weapon or a Warframe, people would still buy them to bypass that time. Paying would still be the quicker, more convient option and it wouldn't be barrier. That's how it should be, not some kind of restriction.

You want people to be comfortable when they play your game, you want for them to want to spend money, for them to genuinely like it. When people like spending money on something, then they'll spend more of it on that something. When people don't like spending money on something, then they won't spend money on that something. Human brains are crazy, huh?

I'm just spouting basic pyschology and talking about the "ideal balance" of MMOs that people have talked about for years.

The very fact that I had to buy slots, where the default amount is slowly becoming too small, already &!$$ed me off.

There are other games that give you small amounts of inventory for free. Like Vindictus and Guild Wars 2, where you get a two/three extra storage chests through quests or leather bags from enemies and merchants. They don't surpass the paying option, but they don't make the paying option necessary, either. And I can't believe I just used Nexon's cash shop in a positive light...

Out of curiosity, why did you buy your Founder package?

I am basing what I am saying mostly off personal experience in business and also from a lot of business philosophy both from when I managed a shop and moving forward to owning my own business.

I am not ignoring the time factor, I am focusing on the bottom line; a very simple rule in business is to never give away free what someone will pay you for. The time factor is great, but not to the extent that it staves off potential clients. I would wager from personal experience that there are many times over more people comfortable with paying for these things than those who aren't; using the forums as an example is seriously flawed because it's going to be heavy with people who are upset and displeased because happy players ARE TOO BUSY PLAYING THE GAME.

Also, your examples are great... a buy to play game (which, btw, guess how much you can unlock in this game for the cost of gw2 =D ) and a game that is by all acounts slowly failing from a company who manages to rake in absurd amounts of money but is also firing people left and right and closing games with bustling populations because of crappy management... GREAT examples to compare... a failing company and a paid game...

As for why I got my founders pack? Because I adore this game and I feel the devs are doing an amazing job... great support staff, constant updates, very high degree of communication so I threw money at it.

Now, as to your comments about paying instead of going via time... I and many others have basically used plat to unlock slots and color packages and just go through the game unlocking as we go. I am not planning on buying anything else at this point and am sitting on roughly 85% of the plat I have purchased and will really only be buying taters and Forma as needed.

What did you expect to attain from this thread other than a two sided flame war?

DE is aware of the situation as it has been discussed numerous of times already.

Indeed.

All you people saying that the OP is just whining for more free stuff: He's a GRAND MASTER. In other words, he donated $250 dollars to the devs already. This thread isn't about whining that he can't get more free stuff, he clearly has enough money to put into this game and the willingness to do it; it's about how the game's image is harmed by the sheer dissonance between the number of slots given to free players and the number of content currently in the game. Yeah, newbies get 50 plat. What does that give you? 2 extra warframe slots or 8 weapon slots, which combined with the starting slots is not even one third of currently existing content, much less future content. When new players look at the slot system, they're going to think Warframe is another fake f2p game that is actually p2p at its core due to the highly limited content they can enjoy without having to repeatedly trash the equipment that they spent a lot of time and effort into leveling to swap it for something that they don't even know is whether better or not, especially with the constant and random nerfs going around.

This isn't about whining for more free stuff. It's simply about keeping Warframe a good free2play game that appeals to new potential players.

This is a very clear presentation of the issue many users have with the slots and how it affects the F2P image of the game.

This thread and the feedback within has been noted, but I'm locking due to hostility in arguments.