The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game Crashing Intel Drivers (Since Before U16(?))

Iihcap

So I'm not sure what's causing it, but lately the game has been crashing my drivers. In fact before U16 it was happening, seemingly at random in places like the Void, usually when I die. Hard for me to tell what causes it. I stopped caring by then because I stopped playing over aggravation over the support staff that isn't related to this issue. Once patchnotes said that they fixed the issues, and when U17 came out I decided to come back to it. While I didn't seem to have a driver crash for a few hours, eventually it did it again in the middle of a Tyl Regor fight.

I am running the game on DX9, 32-bit. Here are my Specs.

Operating System
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
    Intel Core i5 2450M @ 2.50GHz
    Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
    6.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 664MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
    Dell Inc. 0YH79Y (CPU)
Graphics
    Generic PnP Monitor (1600x900@60Hz)
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 (Dell)
Storage
    465GB Seagate ST9500325AS (SATA)
Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp DVD+-RW SN-208BB
Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

And to be clear, I get damn good FPS on the game. Warframe has always excelled at being able to run on older computers, aside from the Tyr regor fight, but it has yet to be optimized I believe. That will likely be put into order later. When the drivers crashed the game displayed nothing but a white screen, so I had to force close it. I do not think that would make a crash log for me to send in. I could play for hours at a time before U15 or so, and now here in U17 it happened right around approx 87 minutes.

Update (7:53 AM August 1st): I was able to play for three hours straight today with no Driver crash, but at the same time I did not go to the Tyl regor fight throughout the whole three hours. So the crash might actually be an optimization issue with the new level.

Edited by Iihcap