Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Saryn's Molt Ever Be Rebalanced?

SnokyoDrift

After the nerf on Molt's duration, everyone cried foul and then kind of forgot about it. I know the devs intended it to be more of an escape mechanism, but right now it's rather lackluster compared to Loki's decoy, which lasts longer and can be placed almost anywhere you point.

In order to make this skill fit its role better, Saryn's shields should begin regenerating when this skill is used, and enemies who attack the shed skin should have your current level of venom applied to them. This creates some synergy between her skills and increases her chances of surviving.

I'd hate to see a game where DE keeps pumping out new content and ignores the old, so I'm hoping that this old issue will be addressed.

I play Saryn (I have actually decided that she will be my main and am starting on polarizing her slots before any other frame) and while I am a little sad at the nerf, I have to say that Loki's decoy is supposed to be better. As Saryns we are tougher and have more damage capabilities so our Molt is a brief distraction during bad situations while we re-position or use a damage ability like Contagion or Miasma whereas a Loki has paper-thin armor and defenses and can't do anything but hide all the time and take potshots from the periphery. A lot of people like this hit-and-run play style and Loki is built perfectly for that purpose.

Don't get me wrong, if they increase the duration a little bit, I'd be happy, but to have it do damage is a little much and will have everyone clamoring for a nerf which will make her worse off than she already is. Be happy that our ultimate is one of the better ones and that we have a Decoy that works and serves its purpose adequately.

Me, I want a buff on Contagion because for the cost, the effect is almost not worth it. I'd like to see Contagion add damage to ranged weapons too so that I can choose how to approach a fight and use it more often instead of only when wading in to melee. Oh and make those dumb spores from Venom be more visible and appear only on the heads or shoulders of the enemies we put them on instead of their backs.

I too would like to see Contagion rebalanced. Molt was OP before though maybe they reduced a little too much. Sayrin is the tankiest Female Frame with the exception of a Linked-Trinity. Contagion feels a bit lack-luster and I feel as the name implies, it should spread across enemies and deal more damage the longer it stays on a target.

As it stands now it's pretty much a DoT-Buff and not much else. Seems a bit lackluster, sadly I don't have Saryin and can only speak from observation. As such I feel I have said all I need to for the current prospect. I want to play Saryn but not sure I lik her revised skil-sets.

The only complaint I have about Molt is that it feels like it has half the shields/HP of my Loki's decoy while it's the complete opposite for the frames.  Molt seriously does need a health boost, if nothing else.  Oh, and fix Venom already.  It's terrible because it doesn't spread the effect when shot.

Considering Saryn is a rather bulky/beefy frame, molt only serves as an escape mechanism and/or distraction. It's not meant to be used the same way Loki's decoy is. 

Comparing it is a rather moot point because the two frames have completely different purposes. 

Edited by HailCreation