Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa In T Defenses And Very Low Xp

(XBOX)Biggg72

Question

did i miss an update about mesa and T Defenses not getting xp anymore even with a booster? i did a t2 20 rds, and ended up with like 18k in xp, while my cm got well over 90k. i switched frames and the xp seemed to be fine as i only stayed 5 but had like 18k for 5 rds. is this only me?

9 answers to this question

My guess is that you were killing most of the enemies using your rank 30 Mesa. Is that correct?

Here is how it works:

If you kill an enemy with your frame, 100% of exp goes to your frame.

If you kill with a weapon, 50% goes to that weapon and 50% of exp goes to your frame.

If your team mates kill an enemy, 25% goes to your frame and 25% to each of your weapons.

So, if you just kill all the enemies with your maxed frame, while your team mates don't do much killing, you won't get a lot of exp for your weapons.

-snip

If your team mates kill an enemy, 25% goes to your frame and 25% to each of your weapons.

-snip-

Technically, it's 25% to frame with 75% split across your weapons.

Basically, if you have 2 weapons equipped (instead of 3), both of them get 37.5% experience from each kill, and if you have just one, it's 75% from each, making it more effective XP-wise to not get kills if you have just one weapon. Warframe will always get 25% from shared-xp.

Technically, it's 25% to frame with 75% split across your weapons.

Basically, if you have 2 weapons equipped (instead of 3), both of them get 37.5% experience from each kill, and if you have just one, it's 75% from each, making it more effective XP-wise to not get kills if you have just one weapon. Warframe will always get 25% from shared-xp.

Indeed.

That's the reason why it is best to let your team mates do all the killing when leveling a weapon.

But when leveling a frame, you'll be better off doing all the kiling yourself. Not all frames have room clearing powers and this is were Nova can come in handy to help out with the MPrime.