Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Blocking U17. What Needs To Be Done. - [De] Please Read -

Zurakci

So there are a lot of things that is needed in the game.

Now, since stamina is removed, we have block that reduce the incoming damage. However... it seems that everything reduce the same amount, which I find pretty BS to be honest. So here is my chart of how blocking should somewhat be in the game:

1. Weapons should show how much they block in the Arsenal Screen.

- I would really love to see how much a weapon already block in terms of % of damage.

2. Weapon types should block differently.

- As an example, Sword and Board should block 90%+ of incoming damage. I mean. You DO have a shield. Unless we get a Tower Shield and Mace (please give us a Tower Shield and Mace for Oberon.) it should atleast block around 90% of incoming damage

3. Perfect opportunity for Blocking mods!

-We all know you love your mods, DE. Here is a good way to add mod cards that will help blocking.

- Example: Corrupted Card (fully leveled) -Lets you block 100% incoming damage, but makes you move 50% of regular speed as a trade-off (WHILE BLOCKING)

Normal card: Increase block reduction by %

Nightmare:    Increase block reduction by (less than Normal card or almost as good) and lets you ricochet bullets to random location infront of you (in a cone)

4. SWORD AND BOARD MODS :D

- I love sword and board, and I wish we had a real Sword and Shield out there (Silva and Aegis is not a true sword and shield), but lets be honest here. There are SOOOOO many mods that a sword and shield could have.

- Example: Normal Mod: Give you chance to stun enemy by blocking if hit with melee by 20%-40%-60%-80%-100%.

(I mean.. you are hitting a shield after all. )

Mod (unknown) : Let them have a parry that are guaranteed finisher when blocking OUTSIDE channeling. (can be the first mod there for Sword and board. Just saying)

These are some Ideas DE, I would like to see what you can do with it. 

Love you all, Love UPDATE 17, Love Equinox, But most of all.. I love my Melee ;)

Edited by Zurakci

So there are a lot of things that is needed in the game.

Now, since stamina is removed, we have block that reduce the incoming damage. However... it seems that everything reduce the same amount, which I find pretty BS to be honest. So here is my chart of how blocking should somewhat be in the game:

1. Weapons should show how much they block in the Arsenal Screen.

- I would really love to see how much a weapon already block in terms of % of damage.

2. Weapon types should block differently.

- As an example, Sword and Board should block 90%+ of incoming damage. I mean. You DO have a shield. Unless we get a Tower Shield and Mace (please give us a Tower Shield and Mace for Oberon.) it should atleast block around 90% of incoming damage

3. Perfect opportunity for Blocking mods!

-We all know you love your mods, DE. Here is a good way to add mod cards that will help blocking.

- Example: Corrupted Card (fully leveled) -Lets you block 100% incoming damage, but makes you move 50% of regular speed as a trade-off (WHILE BLOCKING)

Normal card: Increase block reduction by %

Nightmare:    Increase block reduction by (less than Normal card or almost as good) and lets you ricochet bullets to random location infront of you (in a cone)

4. SWORD AND BOARD MODS :D

- I love sword and board, and I wish we had a real Sword and Shield out there (Silva and Aegis is not a true sword and shield), but lets be honest here. There are SOOOOO many mods that a sword and shield could have.

- Example: Normal Mod: Give you chance to stun enemy by blocking if hit with melee by 20%-40%-60%-80%-100%.

(I mean.. you are hitting a shield after all. )

Mod (unknown) : Let them have a parry that are guaranteed finisher when blocking OUTSIDE channeling. (can be the first mod there for Sword and board. Just saying)

These are some Ideas DE, I would like to see what you can do with it. 

Love you all, Love UPDATE 17, Love Equinox, But most of all.. I love my Melee ;)

can i up this more then once? i like having numbers to look at

Melee weapons are already inferior to guns, I can't see how a mod tax on melee would help this. If it was a frame mod, of course, that might be good - a lot of meleers were using Marathon+Quick Rest for blocking before, so replacing one of those with a Blocking mod would fit right in, while still leaving a slot+a utility slot for new parkour stuff.