Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova's Antimatter Absorb Not Scaling With Range

Azlen

Question

Hey all, trying out a new build using my Nova's recently acquired Antimatter Absorb and I noticed it's not scaling with Stretch and Overextended. I have watched several Youtube videos of other people using the skill with range mods and they clearly demonstrate it DOES scale. The Wiki states it is supposed to scale, and through all my searching I can't find any change notes denoting that it was altered in some way. Some clarification on this would be lovely! I really want to try out my Antimatter Absorb Nova build in it's intended affectiveness!

14 answers to this question

Duration? I seriously hope that is an un-educated response or a joke. Scaling the size of a field with duration is beyond idiotic. Now before everyone jumps to Molecular Prime, that is a gradually-increasing field, that expands at a fixed rate of 5m/s, so it makes sense to essentially have the size of it modded by duration. But to have a literal snow-globe esque style effect be scaled on duration makes no sense at all.

So, after doing some tests, both ways, there is not a difference in absorb range for myself or the enemies. Blast radius seemed a little better, however with stretch and over extended it was very minuscule. Not really worth the point value. Also tested, on the new Ramparts (Stationary mounted guns that are new). The mod did not absorb any shots, they did pass right through to hit Nova. Duration does not affect the radius of AMD absorb. Duration affects Mprime and also Nullstar (The amount of orbs that you get). I hope this clears up some of your questions.

Edited by ChloeSakuna

So, after doing some tests, both ways, there is not a difference in absorb range for myself or the enemies. Blast radius seemed a little better, however with stretch and over extended it was very minuscule. Not really worth the point value. Also tested, on the new Ramparts (Stationary mounted guns that are new). The mod did not absorb any shots, they did pass right through to hit Nova. Duration does not affect the radius of AMD absorb. Duration affects Mprime and also Nullstar (The amount of orbs that you get). I hope this clears up some of your questions.

Ah, interesting. You should probably repost your findings in the Bugs section, this looks like something that got bricked by accident in U17.

Greatly appreciate the feedback Chloe! Though this is rather disappointing, since it was the general concept of the build I had planned.

Also if you check out some youtube videos demonstrating AMD Absorb augment, almost all the videos demonstrate it with an enhanced range on the absorb field. Again, I was not able to find any documented information after forum combing as to if a change was made to the way it interacts with range mods. Hopefully it's just an undocumented bug! :(

I believe it's a bug and should be reported in bugs/abilities/feedback. I hope this gets fixed in the future. I'm sure a lot of the augment mods after U17 are messed up. Given the scale of the amount of mods converted to new things or changed. Good luck, Tenno.