Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wh Arnt Pc To Console Transfers Allowed Anymore.

(PSN)BorockObama

Question

I understand the event was for a limited time. I also understand that they are not offered anymore. what i want to know is why.

Ive been on the pc since cbt.Dont get me wrong  love the consistency in updates. But i dont like the community. Its too competitive. Its always whats in meta and if you dont do it youre wrong. I also dont like the bugs that come with each update. Most bugs im still waiting on to be fixed. IN MY OWN OPINION: the pc variation is not for me. Whrn my pc broke down i took the opportunity to try the console version and though were a few updates behind i enjoy the stability. the community is calmer so to speak and its fresh. I 100% sure that i will continue to play console.

Which brings me to my current issue. My pc account that ive pu two years of effort into will just gather dust. when asked if transfers were available im told they wernt anymore. Is it a regulation issue? Im willing to even pay cash out of pocket for that to happen. If someone could explain the why itd give me a form of closure that id really appreciate.

15 answers to this question

hmm. so it was a moneyissue more so than a  data issue

Well yes and no. DE didn't really do strong bargaining in this area with the consoles. It's an issue of control and in your case Sony doesn't want to allow people another chance to transfer the data.

Which in a way is a double edged sword for them, sure it makes people start again and in turn makes them more likely to buy more plat that in turn Sony profits from, but in turn Sony potentially loses customers that don't want to start again. I have friends on PS4 that would play warframe if there account was able to be transferred, but because they don't want to start again they simply wont bother with it.

If Warframe was as big as it is now when it launched on PS4 I'd say DE may have been able to get a better deal, like how Rockstar did with GTA V, with permanent account transfers.

You won't be able to tranfers for various reasons.

Microsoft/Sony won't allow it, and there is a huge GAP of content between updates which could lead to very problematic ports.

When the one and only account tranfers appeared, all 3 platforms were on the same update at the time.

So, now, being able to tranfer is more like a wish than anything else, since the chance of happening is behond slim. Still, best of luck

-snip-

That's wrong, PC to PS4/Xbox transfers weren't done with the platforms all at update parity, the additional data from PC update was stored and added to the console versions as the newer versions released.

Microsoft/Sony won't allow it, and there is a huge GAP of content between updates which could lead to very problematic ports.

When the one and only account tranfers appeared, all 3 platforms were on the same update at the time.

So, now, being able to tranfer is more like a wish than anything else, since the chance of happening is behond slim. Still, best of luck

If its an issue of being too farin updatesmy pc account i believe was able to purchase the daikyu so itd actually be up to date with ps4. Im willing to put in the effort to make that transfer. Do you think a support ticket is worth a try?

If its an issue of being too farin updatesmy pc account i believe was able to purchase the daikyu so itd actually be up to date with ps4. Im willing to put in the effort to make that transfer. Do you think a support ticket is worth a try?

not really, since its not DE you talk to, more like sony since its their console you want to move your account too. Besides DE cant do much in this case since it depends on what sony wants, sorry tenno.

Sounds just like console.

Unfortunately.......   I really wish the PS4 dev team looked at all the things they broke with PC updates, and fixed them before releasing them on PS4. So many reported and solved PC issues get transferred along to PS4, and then patched when the next update comes out.

Well yes and no. DE didn't really do strong bargaining in this area with the consoles. It's an issue of control and in your case Sony doesn't want to allow people another chance to transfer the data.

Which in a way is a double edged sword for them, sure it makes people start again and in turn makes them more likely to buy more plat that in turn Sony profits from, but in turn Sony potentially loses customers that don't want to start again. I have friends on PS4 that would play warframe if there account was able to be transferred, but because they don't want to start again they simply wont bother with it.

If Warframe was as big as it is now when it launched on PS4 I'd say DE may have been able to get a better deal, like how Rockstar did with GTA V, with permanent account transfers.

And even if they did. account transfers would be rare due to cert for the console updates that would halt PC development.

And even if they did. account transfers would be rare due to cert for the console updates that would halt PC development.

To quote myself earlier:

That's wrong, PC to PS4/Xbox transfers weren't done with the platforms all at update parity, the additional data from PC update was stored and added to the console versions as the newer versions released.

To quote myself earlier:

Its not though. PC warframe usually gets an update every week. Thats an interval way too short for the cert process on consoles any new content added to the pc version would need the entire patch to go to cert again. It took a loong time to get PC and PS4 in sync for the transfers due to cert.

Its not though. PC warframe usually gets an update every week. Thats an interval way too short for the cert process on consoles any new content added to the pc version would need the entire patch to go to cert again. It took a loong time to get PC and PS4 in sync for the transfers due to cert.

They weren't in sync when the transfer was available. PS4 was behind like it always has been.

They weren't in sync when the transfer was available. PS4 was behind like it always has been.

Exactly. To clarify what I mean, the differences between updates do not affect transfer capability. I would assume our data is stored as a text file. Which means that as the game updates, the things that were in the PC version would automatically add themselves into console version when available. Being on the same update does not matter.