Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Glitches; Reasons Why Stealth Is Mostly Dead In Warframe

(PSN)L-B-H-100

For me, the worst is that I just can't really tell how and where the enemies are looking. I often flung myself right over the heads of enemies.Not detected. But when I'm high in a perch. Spotted as soon as the guy steps through the door. And than the difference between unalerted and alerted enemies in term of detection is huuuge. You really have no reliable way to tell who can see you and who cannot.

With this there's the bane of my stealth runs. Instant detection. I see a lancers legs under a pipe. Suddenly he spots me with his knee, and relays to everyone that instant where I am, what I am, what underwear I wear, what I ate for breakfast and what I read in the daily newspaper. There's just no grace time to correct a single mistake. No way to escape any sudden scenarios.

Also, enemies still seem to "gravitate" towards you. In a capture mission, which I decided to do full stealth, after I killed the first target, as soon as I turned around I saw a whole army marching towards me from previous rooms. They spawn there which is already irritating, but they just seem to follow you despite they shouldn't even know you're there.

The system behind stealth is just bad in general.

THIS^ Not that the OP points were bad just this is a big one for me. In stealth oriented games not only are the game mechanics designed so that stealth is easy to move into as a player state but it also gives massive amounts of situational awareness so that players have distinct advantages in maintaining that stealth. We get enemy sense but we dont' get sight cones which has been a mainstay of major stealth games since Metal Gear Solid. Also it doesn't seem like different lighting levels give any inherent bonuses either. I really hate SPY 2.0 because stealth in this game is just poorly done both from glitches/bugs and not enough tools provided to allow for a stealth approach.