Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Parkour 2.0 Feels To Open Minded Veterans.

Fullmetal_Underpants

"OMG how dare you only try it out for 199.99952 hours?!  It takes at least 200 full hours to fully understand it!  You're opnion is fully discarded!!!111oneone"

You do understand how ridiculous that is right?  I don't need extremely long periods of time with it. I can see what other people are doing with it.  I can try it out briefly to learn how the (gamepad) controls work.  After that, basic critical thinking skills come into play.

Firstly, that was uncalled for and immature.

Secondly, we never said extremely long periods of time. We quoted what you said. What you said was that you only "TRIED IT OUT". What we get from that is you didn't get very familiar with the system since you've only logged, went on 2-3 levels and then decided it's bad.

"OMG how dare you only try it out for 199.99952 hours?! It takes at least 200 full hours to fully understand it! You're opnion is fully discarded!!!111oneone"

You do understand how ridiculous that is right? I don't need extremely long periods of time with it. I can see what other people are doing with it. I can try it out briefly to learn how the (gamepad) controls work. After that, basic critical thinking skills come into play.

*facepalm*

Firstly, that was uncalled for and immature.

Secondly, we never said extremely long periods of time. We quoted what you said. What you said was that you only "TRIED IT OUT". What we get from that is you didn't get very familiar with the system since you've only logged, went on 2-3 levels and then decided it's bad.

I only need to spend enough time with it to learn the controls. After that, I can see what other people are doing with it and combine the two sources of information using basic critical thinking skills.

Like, at last an hour.

see:

"OMG how dare you only try it out for 199.99952 hours?!  It takes at least 200 full hours to fully understand it!  You're opnion is fully discarded!!!111oneone"

When I play it for an hour, people are going to say it takes at least 2 hours to get it. When I play for 2, they will say 5 and so on.

I only need to spend enough time with it to learn the controls. After that, I can see what other people are doing with it and combine the two sources of information using basic critical thinking skills.

Seeing is different from experiencing.

When you watch a scary game being played by someone else you only get half of what the experience is.

When you play the game yourself only then you get the full experience since you are responsible for your actions and said actions are responsible for what happens to you.

Same with parkour 2.0

When you watch a scary game being played by someone else you only get half of what the experience is.

When you play the game yourself only then you get the full experience since you are responsible for your actions and said actions are responsible for what happens to you.

Same with parkour 2.0

^

This.

Have you considered its practical uses in combat? With wall hopping and latching, fighting and moving while against infested has never felt better.

I could definitely watch people play Five Nights at Freddy's but I personally can't play those games for 5 minutes straight.

So, I just want to throw my opinion here:

I was never a huge fan of coptering, especially as I did not own many pro-coptering weapons, but, I will say that parkour 2.0 is definitely more consistent and controllable with a decent dose of speed added it in. Yes, I can't say properly if it is on par or faster than coptering, but it definitely is not irritatingly slow as some people keep saying (try chaining your jumps properly with a slower warframe and you'll find that it can easily keep up: i.e. my non-rush excal could keep up with a squad of novas and rhino primes)

Now, I'll also expand on the two C's I mentioned: consistency and control-ability. While the former parkour system definitely allowed for sudden flings of movement, it was inconsistent because it relied on the aforementioned "inertia." (and this is coming from a player that made heavy use of the front-flip/wall flinging). There's too many times where you'll smack into a wall and then lose control of your movement entirely for a few seconds. That leads me to my second point: control. With the new system, it gives player some level of control of their movement. It allows players to use the environment to keep moving quickly and through/over obstacles that before you had to go around. These two points is what really sells P 2.0

However, there are some little nit picks I would say do exist. One, as many people pointed out, is the bullet jump. I actually found it more effective after a first jump. Doing it as the initial jump usually feels much slower and clunkier when compared to utilizing it as a chain jump. Just my two cents on that matter.

Same with parkour 2.0

Of course, that's why you try it out and learn the controls.  Then when you see it, you can relate it to your own exoerience, which is what I just said.

Of course, that's why you try it out and learn the controls.  Then when you see it, you can relate it to your own exoerience, which is what I just said.

What you said was that you tried it, watched some videos and apparently now you know everything there is to know about it.

Edited by Senpai-Pie

Of course, that's why you try it out and learn the controls. Then when you see it, you can relate it to your own exoerience, which is what I just said.

You do not try out a game imo. You play it. You seem to rushy in giving your full on review/opinion on it while people are still playing with parkour 2.0 just finding out more and more about it, figuring it and how well it synergises with other mechanics.

I mean people like Angry Joe refused to rush Witcher 3 review just so he could get his full on experience with the game.

The best we can probably get from DE is the right to not re press so many each time we slide or jump for eg ... I think for everything else they won't give a ****. Adios wallruns, backflips, realistic diveshoot. It's the sexyframe era now.

How is that logically connected at all?

Imagine Warframe's levelling system as a flat Earth (don't ask why, that was the first connection that came into my head). Level 50 - 55 is the end of the Earth, meaning that this is where the developers will balance content up to that point. Level 95 is way off this flat Earth, and thus should not be considered for balancing. In short, using that as a reason to say Parkour 2.0 is bad is just pointless. 

I do know that there is the Raid mission with Level 100 enemies, but that just further highlights the point of scaling problems more than anything. 

Edited by Renegade343

Imagine Warframe's levelling system as a flat Earth (don't ask why, that was the first connection that came into my head). Level 50 - 55 is the end of the Earth, meaning that this is where the developers will balance content up to that point. Level 95 is way off this flat Earth, and thus should not be considered for balancing. In short, using that as a reason to say Parkour 2.0 is bad is just pointless. 

I do know that there is the Raid mission with Level 100 enemies, but that just further highlights the point of scaling problems more than anything. 

At level 50, I don't even need to dodge enemy fire.  It kind of makes it funtionally pointless (leaving fun aside at the moment for the sake of argument) to be jumping around like a ballerina in combat when I can just face tank a few hits and nuke everything. 

Those ridiculously high levels, where enemies tear you to shreds instantly, is where evasive movement starts to have legitimate combat applications (i.e. the response to "Have you considered its practical uses in combat?").

At level 50, I don't even need to dodge enemy fire. It kind of makes it funtionally pointless (leaving fun aside at the moment for the sake of argument) to be jumping around like a ballerina in combat when I can just face tank a few hits and nuke everything.

Those ridiculously high levels, where enemies tear you to shreds instantly, is where evasive movement starts to have legitimate combat applications (i.e. the response to "Have you considered its practical uses in combat?").

Combat wise it's really useful against infested, as long as you don't stop moving nothing stops you and enemy hopping makes it a lot better. If you have tons of pillars you can just jump to the next one and latch onto it.

Doesn't bullet gliding also decrease enemy accuracy?

At level 50, I don't even need to dodge enemy fire.  It kind of makes it funtionally pointless (leaving fun aside at the moment for the sake of argument) to be jumping around like a ballerina in combat when I can just face tank a few hits and nuke everything. 

Bombard rockets knockdowns. Sniper shots that can strip out a sizeable chunk of shields and/or health at Level 50 if unaware. Napalm shots. Grenades. T4 Void, although that would be normally levelled enemies having double the damage. Nullifers, if using abilities to tank. 

Level 50 face tanking? Maybe, if you main valkyr, chroma, rhino, frost or zephyr. Level 50 units burn 1000 shields without even trying and health is soon to follow.