Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Excalibur, De Thats What We Want

JohnKable

Im not calling it an actual PRIME in the sense we know them. But the Umbra is an excalibur, its founder exclusive in china and he has gold parts. The only 2 differences here are slight changes on his model and the last name.

Excalibur Umbra the the Chinese Excalibur Prime, regardless of the last name. And when it hits OUR game, then EVERYONE else will be able to get their chinese Excalibur Prime.

Calling it UMBRA instead of Prime changes NOTHING. They will indirectly break their promise.

What you are saying is that we can't have another variantion of Excalibur vanilla. Because for all we know, umbra May just be a variantion of Excalibur vanilla.

The only way DE can break there promise is by

-Giving Umbra Excalibur the same statistics as excalibur prime.

-If it was released with Skana and lato prime

-If it looks exactly like Excalibur prime.

If it doesn't meet this criteria, it's not Excalibur prime. If you think it is, you have a right to sue.

Again, I'm trying to say that we will NEVER EVER get the Excalibur prime that you have. If Umbra Excalibur is a frame, you will still have access to regular excal prime.

There not breaking there promise because again, ITS NOT EXCALIBUR PRIME!

But who know, we will get a confirmation thread soon.

Ps- If it has better statistics than Excalibur prime, it wouldn't break the promise either, same rule applys if umbra Excalibur has different strengths or is just weaker than excal p all together.

Edited by (PS4)abb12355

What you are saying is that we can't have another variantion of Excalibur vanilla. Because for all we know, umbra May just be a variantion of Excalibur vanilla.

The only way DE can break there promise is by

-Giving Umbra Excalibur the same statistics as excalibur prime.

-If it was released with Skana and lato prime

-If it looks exactly like Excalibur prime.

If it doesn't meet this criteria, it's not Excalibur prime. If you think it is, you have a right to sue.

Again, I'm trying to say that we will NEVER EVER get the Excalibur prime that you have. If Umbra Excalibur is a frame, you will still have access to regular excal prime.

There not breaking there promise because again, ITS NOT EXCALIBUR PRIME!

But who know, we will get a confirmation thread soon.

Ps- If it has better statistics than Excalibur prime, it wouldn't break the promise either, same rule applys if umbra Excalibur has different strengths or is just weaker than excal p all together.

What this essentially comes down to, is wether or not we think DE is loopholing through their promise with Umbra. I'm sticking to my opinion.

Umbra resembles Prime in too many ways for it to just be "another Excalibur". Gold rims, Founder Exclusive? I don't think so. If they wanted to release Umbra as a part of a new direction in the lore, they could do it in ANY other way than in the EXACT way Excalibur Prime was released.

Sorry, but I don't buy it. To me, it's  Chinese Excalibur Prime with a different name. That's all.

What this essentially comes down to, is wether or not we think DE is loopholing through their promise with Umbra. I'm sticking to my opinion.

Umbra resembles Prime in too many ways for it to just be "another Excalibur". Gold rims, Founder Exclusive? I don't think so. If they wanted to release Umbra as a part of a new direction in the lore, they could do it in ANY other way than in the EXACT way Excalibur Prime was released.

Sorry, but I don't buy it. To me, it's  Chinese Excalibur Prime with a different name. That's all.

Irrelevant, it's a different frame slot. Loop hole or not, they didn't lie. Just some slick S#&$. Welcome to f2p business.now blow on that tissue I gave you.

THIS IS MOSTLY SPECULATION but it makes sense

Excalibur Umbra is a normal mass-produced excalibur that was modified for The end of the war ceremony. My guess is that its stats will be a bit better than normal excaliburs but barely at all maybe like 1% better in all areas. It is not Excalibur Prime. WE have not seen Umbra Excalibur Prime yet. Therefore founders don't be mad at us be cause are thing will not be better then yours. Be mad at china because their thing will be better than yours that means just how we get an upgraded excalibur they get an upgraded excalibur prime. That is why the helmet looks like excaliburs and not excalibur primes in the pictures we've seen because the Orokin tweaked the the warframes thats why Umbra resembles excalibur more than excalibur prime. So that means that normal umbras will be inferior to primes but Umbra primes will be better than primes.

I love excal. I just got into this game a bit before his rework and woooow. It does suck that nonfounders cant get the best or equal to the best version of xcal where all the other frames you can still get the better versions of are still out in the void or waiting to be traded.

OK, here's a thought. DE makes Umbra Excalibur a new frame, BUT they also give an option to buy the skin separately and use it on normal Excalibur and Excalibur Prime. That way both those who want better stats and those who want the looks are happy.

I think this idea is best way 

So far, and it seems totally confirmed, we know that Umbra Excal for Chinese market is a totally separate frame from excal or excal prime.

Before DE takes the final call, lets say to them what we want Umbra Excal to be for us.

http://strawpoll.me/5116498

Personally id like more if it was a Skin for both excal and prime excal. Maybe because i threw quite some formas on my excal knowing i would never get the prime one.

I care very little for the 6k mastery it could bring as a separate frame, and in any case i'd say NO to him bringing better stats.

And i would sign now to have it NOT real money exclusive. But i would threw very good plats if it was a platinum skin (wouldnt mind wasting 2k plats or more).

As a separate frame it would also be a very cheap way to sneak "another" excal prime into the game (mind im not a founder)

But thats my opinion, tell DE yours

Multiple choices allowed. dont mess too much please.

Last thing I want is anything for excal. If anything let it be a skin.

No one cares.  Founders already got what they paid for with your purchase, and it has never been rereleased.  You are not entitled to even more.  Founders are just mad because letting people have a version of Excal other than the regular one damages founder ePeen status.

DE did say in anyway, so releasing another excalibur with perhaps better stats than a prime is very strange, for one it doesnt fit the game, two its conflicting on the promise. Thats why Im in favor of giving it another skillset.

He has the same stats like Excalibur Prime but 150 energy at base rank, so he's a slight upgrade to our versions. Not sure if Death Orbs will give him energy or not but whatever...

The worst part however is that the scarf can't be equipped on other Frames and is actually attached to Umbra Excal. :(

I WANT THIS SCARF!

By the way, if you don't believe me head over to Warframe Reddit for pictures.

He has the same stats like Excalibur Prime but 150 energy at base rank, so he's a slight upgrade to our versions. Not sure if Death Orbs will give him energy or not but whatever...

The worst part however is that the scarf can't be equipped on other Frames and is actually attached to Umbra Excal. :(

I WANT THIS SCARF!

By the way, if you don't believe me head over to Warframe Reddit for pictures.

Can you post link ? There are a lot of umbra threads ...

EDIT: that scarf ... Its .... Legendary ... *throws money at screen* *nothing is happening*

*committing suicide*

Edited by Sanguinariness

Give him the original (non-LoS) Excal skill set and I am sold.

Could be an option indeed.

Whereas a synergy when both are in a mission;

increase each others strength by 20%

When both casting radial blind in succession make radial blind last 2.5x the maximum duration of the one that uses it as last. (example first has 20 seconds other 10; the one with 10 goes first and the other goes at 1 second left. adding 20 to the counter but cause of the synergy making it 50.)

Umbra's radial javelin will stun enemies when not killed for 2-3 seconds if a normal excalibur or excal prime is within the same range.

Making an exalted blade a guarenteed finisher if the target has less than 50% hp left when under influence from the stun of Umbra's javelins.

as for excals radial javelin, no extra buff.

as for umbra's super jump make it a stronger bullet jump scaling with mods like lightning dash.

and also give excalibur prime 150 power like umbra or umbra same stats like regular excalibur.

This way everyone can be happy not to mention having an umbra and excalibur (prime) combo in team could work as an awesome CC/DD duo.

I hope we get more info soon.

I really dont know much except what i hear on these forums. 

Heck i didnt know there was an Umbra at all. 

Excal has become my 2nd fav standing neck an neck with Ash.

His rework is beautifully flawless despite some of the OP issues ppl are hoping to adjust.

Exalted Blade although OP and abused is an Awesome ability Mechanically aswell as Visually.

I wonder if Umbra Excal will get a Totally different ability set or will adopt the Poster boys Former Glory.

Still i hope someone can drop confirmed info and shed some light and bring this out of the Shadows