Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too Much Lag, Too Often

indy864

Whatever algorithm is selecting the host it is not doing a good job.

So many games are just annoying lag-fests, especially defense missions.

I have a fast, low-ping connection, open ports, high-quality router, wired lan and a fast cpu.

Should make for a pretty good host then?

And yet someone else is selected to host the session who clearly has trouble serving 3 other players.

Proposed solutions:

1) clients report lag during the game and if all three clients agree, the host gets marked as unreliable for some time

2) I want to be able to host games that I am inviting to

The solution is easy go to options, gameplay, reduce max ping to 100 and enjoy less lag, limits your pool of players you can play with as well butt you can not have everything.

lol this is not working. 

Not 100% (sadly) no, but it will greatly reduce the amount of times you do end up in lagparty if any better option is available.

Also, having a good connection yourself is kinda pointless if 3 poor ones connect to you and vice versa. Example: Russians have no issue when playing with each other, it's just me that's having a horrible time XD. Their connections to each other is great, mine at that point is irrelevant since they will probably suffer as I do if I become host, so I assume it sorta works with a majority rules kinda instance. 

Or rather I've rarely been in a lagparty without multiple rus, the only other time I experience lagparty is when a clanmate's connection gets unstable/throttled while playing, or we (used to in the old system) let people with lesser connections host/provide keys.

P.S I mainly play in public these days, aside from solo adventures due to dead clan syndrome :P. I don't do pugs, I officially avoid the recruitment channel XD

The solution is easy go to options, gameplay, reduce max ping to 100 and enjoy less lag, limits your pool of players you can play with as well butt you can not have everything.

I tried that but it seems to me like this only finds me less games and does not solve the problem.

Most connections probably have a decent enough ping until there is some bandwidth required.