Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hek Mod Help

Bread-Bad

Question

Hello, so with the shotgun buff I decided to build myself a Hek, but I had question about modding it. With the significant boost to its damage, I was wondering whether it would be best to use pure elemental mods or status elemental hybrid mods? I want to build it so it's usable mid-end game.

What I plan to put on so far: Primed Point Blank, Hell's Chamber, Scattered Justice and seeking fury; leaving 4 slots for elementals. 

Thanks in advance for the help!

5 answers to this question

Status is nice on Hek, but even with more damage build it often procs ( around 70% if you hit with all pellets ). I am using more of a damage build with 4 forma's on, but to use maximum elemental damage it would probably need 5th forma.

Vicious spread works very well with hek, Blaze is also nice ( better than fire / status mod ) and Breach Loader adds quite a lot of Puncture damage on Hek ( that is if you have the mod ).

This build still needs a bit of touch, atleast rank 9 prime point blank and then either to use another dash elemental damage mod, or leave it like this for more flexible modding choices ( i can always switch to viral, gas or radiation like this ) if i used dash polarity for more electric damage i would not be able to use viral so it kind of a trade-off.

9O57TQr.jpg

Edited by Ognj

I'm actually using almost the same build as Ognj's
i swapped vicious spread for scattering inferno and shell shock for frigid blast for extra blast damage and status chance
his build is very good but i didn't like the spread on Hek

Edited by MohamedMedhat

Mods that are must on Hek are: Hell's Chamber, Primed Point Blank, Seeking Fury And Scattered Justice ( i would maybe even say Blaze ), the rest that you see are more of a personal prefference, not every mission can benefit from vicious spread, Breach Loader is almost a must because it adds a lot of puncture damage ( but it is no longer available and I am sure that with recent shottie buffs the price on market jumped ) elemental mods are also a personal choice expecially if you wish to go for a bit status or for higher damage ( but cold pure elemental mod has a D polarity so it may be hard to fit it there )

Since Hek has amazing multishot capabilities due to its syndicate mod, I would say go for more damage, as I said it can go around 70% with all pellets combined without any dual stat elemental mod.

Actually, with the incredibly high damage per shot, two of the best mods to install is Seeking Fury and a 5 point Ammo Stock.

The 6 shot clip and quicker reload, as well as the punchthrough, gives the weapon a much higher QoL, imo.

The 5 point Ammo Stock also saves you a Forma. My 4 forma Hek setup: http://goo.gl/uEr7lc

Edited by Darzk

I'm currently using this build...

Primed Point Blank, Hell's Chamber, Scattered Justice, Seeking Fury, Toxic Barrage, Frigid Blast, Shell Shock, Blaze

Kills a lv70 Corrupted Heavy Gunner in 4 shots at close range. Good enough for me.