Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kunai Is Not Silent.

XDeathCoreX

You know that sound is not a factor when you can see an arrow whiz by you, right? Silent weapon doesn't mean enemies will never notice it, it means that the sound doesn't draw attention to you just by firing.

You know that sound is not a factor when you can see an arrow whiz by you, right? Silent weapon doesn't mean enemies will never notice it, it means that the sound doesn't draw attention to you just by firing.

I don't think the AI react to stuff whizzing past their heads if it's silent. Not sure.

if you miss and hit a wall they notice.

also if you kill a guy while they are looking at him they will notice :/ start with the guy in the back.

also i think they get alerted if they see a body. but that might have just be the hallucinogens messing with me.

Edited by MetalGerbil

You do know that this is about sound and not about enemies seeing arrows and Glaives flying by.

if you miss and hit a wall they notice.

also if you kill a guy while they are looking at him they will notice :/ start with the guy in the back.

also i think they get alerted if they see a body. but that might have just be the hallucinogens messing with me.

This was done, enemies from afar were still alerted, did not miss.

I don't really play for stealth, but at the start of missions with Despair I get inconsistent results. Sometimes I can go several rooms and kill everything without getting any kind of alert. Other times I throw one knife and everything runs for cover and terminals, even if I hit.

I wouldn't look at the variation in responses as people who are right and wrong. I just think they're buggy with some other mechanic working behind the scenes, producing different reactions based on criteria we may not even be aware of.

I have had a different experience, I have thrown the Kunai at someone and killed them and two other enemies near them didn't notice.  They weren't looking at the body, me, or the path of the attack.  When I did throw one passed an enemy in front of them, they noticed.

I have even thrown a Kunai while an enemy was right around the corner.  They didn't notice.  So either one of the hotfixes introduced a bug, or you may have used it wrong or just got seen anyway.

The Kunai is working just like the Paris as far as most people have experienced.  I'm sure we'll have to go check just to be sure it isn't buggy right now, but it was working correctly for at least a little while.

How do you use it wrong?

As other posters said, enemies can notice the flight path, or hear it hit something other then an enemy.  You may have exposed yourself to get the attack which means they saw you.  Maybe you killed an enemy while another enemy was watching them.

If you don't use it in a stealth method and expect stealth results, then that would be using it wrong for that situation.

Basically, if it isn't some random glitch from the hotfixes that caused it to error, we are saying that you got yourself detected, it wasn't the Kunai that didn't work.

So they can hear the Kunai, but they cannot hear the Glaive which is loud as ever.

Well, they still got alerted after hitting an enemy who was far into the next room and he was nailed in the &#!. The others was on the other side behind walls.

Could this weapon really be silent if this weapon can be heard, but the other weapons cannot no matter what. Where's the sense in that?

"-Tenno crafted Kunai (throwing daggers) available in the market for a silent weapon option in your pistol slot."

I'm pretty sure it's a bug when enemies are alerted by the Kunai, try sending a support ticket or posting a similar topic in the "Open Beta Bugs" section of the forums. DE's will have it hot-fixed in no time!