Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bullet Jump Inconsistencies, Look Down Toggle Option

Epicagemo

Edit: Bullet jump is just absurdly inconsistent, I've tried figuring out how it works... it doesn't give me, i look down, it shoots me upward, i look down, it shoots me forward. Turning it off might solve some issues.

So I found out that if you look down at an angle low enough that the bullet jump fires upward, but at the most awkward and annoying angle. When certain I shift my mouse downwards enough, it creates inconsistent bullet jumps which is kinda annoying.

Can we add a toggle for a "look down" to "bullet jump upwards"?

So ON is what we have now

OFF would be to make bullet jump propel forward when look downwards or any of the downward angles. When I want to Bullet jump upwards, I would just look up.

Edited by Epicagemo

I've noticed that it seems to be affected by the ground you are on.  If the ground is angled, and you look down, you jump perpendicular to the ground and not directly away from where you are looking.

While I like the whole "look down, jump up" mechanic, I would honestly recommend just looking up instead.  You always go up if you're actually looking that way.

If I had to guess, looking down and bullet jumping was either done on purpose, or the negative angle (if coded as such) causes the animation to then be mirrored and then shoot up instead of down.

As for using bullet jump and flying relatively straight forward, you absolutely must be looking forward in a straight line. Any small amount of the camera pointing down or up will result in a bullet jump into the air, while a perfect 0 degree camera angle (straight forward) will result in a very nice and handy nearly perfectly forward moving bullet jump.

The angle detection on bullet jump is really bad and needs working. Preferably 20-30 degrees forward or 10-15 degrees Up or down should always result in a forward bullet jump, instead of the narrow cone cone of ~5-8 degrees.