Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas For Saryns Miasma

Parashjin

Really? Because 15% damage on a level 100+ on a damage frame with a 25 energy usage; seems really nice to me.

You said unmodded  - so 15% for 100 energy.

Yes it would scale better then the current version, but i would have to cast a spell 7 times to kill a lvl 10 charger also.

So % dmg is  a solution for scaling but not a good permanent solution in my opinion.

edit: grammar

Edited by Redslayer230

You said unmodded  - so 15% for 100 energy.

Yes it would scale better then the current version, but i would have to cast a spell 7 times to kill a lvl 10 charger also.

So % dmg is  a solution for scaling but not a good permanent one in my opinion.

I don't remember saying anything about unmodded. I remember discussing about it's damage.

I've never had that much of an issue with Miasma from a functionality standpoint, it's quite useful as it is, the little stun and the extra damage while I'm murdering things in melee is handy.

That being said, it's probably not the ability Saryn should have; it's a poison nuke, not a 'Miasma'

A Miasma would be a toxic cloud that lingers in the air and melts things while they stick around in it, like World on Fire but more 'creeping death' rather than rampant explosions.

Poison's not really about direct damage, it's about withering your target, making them vulnerable, it's sneaky and cheap.  What if it did something bizarre like improve status proc chances of attacks done to the victim, to demonstrate their resistances getting eroded, and they'd quickly get riddled with slash procs and such, perhaps stun them for a second every now and then to represent choking or something.  Randomly proc any of the toxin debuffs in no particular pattern?

Something other than a nuke.

So % dmg is  a solution for scaling but not a good permanent solution in my opinion.

You wont be able to kill anything with it... because the enemy would get 10% damage of his >current hp<

So if you put strenght mods up to 200% P Strength, it would do 20% damage of the enemys c.h.p.

And maybe it reduces enemys armor by like 25%.

But i also like the idea of a toxic cloud, i really do!

So in my opinion Saryn should be the queen of damage overtime, and maybe corrosive...

Edited by Parashjin