Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ancient Disruptors

ThetaL0L

They can be staggered in melee, so thats always an option. In fact its all I do now. Put some armor on your frame and even with no shield the infected wont deal any damage. You're just going to need a gorgon and suddenly none of the anciants actually mean anything anymore. A braton works just fine as well untill you get to the point where you can get that bullet hose.

Just pay close attention, there is never a case in this game where anything aside from a horde of shockwave moas will take you by suprise. Check your surroundings and pay close attention to that one enemy that is 4 times the size of all the others.

But that is a specific weapon. You can't base an entire oppinion on one weapon alone. Maybe it is just plain strong in close, but that would mean that everyone who wants to have a chance in a situation where two or more AD's show up MUST have that particular weapon. That is not good gamedesign and I believe that you can see what I'm saying here. There are different playstyles and people don't want to NEED a specific weapon to be able to handle it.

Respond to Namacyst

Edited by ThetaL0L

Single Ancients are a non challange, they only are a threat to (even a single) tenno if there is more than one, and i mean more than one ancient, as the other infected are only a threat to (even a single) tenno if they're paired up with a ancient. The suicide runners still do no real damage and can be hacked to pieces so they don't explode. The rest does no real damage and only is 'dangerous' for the stun effect... but only if an ancient is around to do some damage at all.

If anything, the Infected could do with more ancients, lower the HP a bit but increase the spawn rate of those hulks, as they are the only infected that i count as enemies atm. An alternative would be boosting the damage of all other infected but lower the stun effect of them. But atm, with lower ancient numbers, the Infected would return to beeing just an XP farm area like they were before the ancients got the charge.

That's a great idea, would give the player a power-boost during combat if he fells one if the ancients. Sure, you'd be able to 'share' and 'multiply' energy that way, cause iirc, orb pickups are now shared between the players, but as this would be a risky maneuvre, i'd say it's less exploit and more high-risk/high-reward strategy and therefore ok.

Well for me, a well timed heavy slash stop his rush against me. They i keep doing heavy slash so he keep losing its balance to let me charge up again.

With 90 dmg with each slash, i kill it pretty quick. Using ammo against heavy infestation is a waste, and for toxic... i just ran away not worth it.

Well for me, a well timed heavy slash stop his rush against me. They i keep doing heavy slash so he keep losing its balance to let me charge up again.

With 90 dmg with each slash, i kill it pretty quick. Using ammo against heavy infestation is a waste, and for toxic... i just ran away not worth it.

Ok, and if there are two disruptors?

Part of it also has to do with mod builds and what frame you are using. I have a lv 30 volt frame with mostly +70% armor mods, some + Health mods and a +melee damage mod and a heath regen card artifact. The only ancient I need to pay attention for are the toxic ones. They seem to stagger quite a bit though when I hit them with my Cronus or shoot them with a Hek. The Hek actually hitting them hard enough to break their charging attack. As a Volt user I could care less about losing my energy. Damage skills only effect the horde and not the ancients anyway.

i just found this out. if you jump onto a box or ledge that other wise wouldnt be able to reach. only leapers can get to you. just sit up there and farm when they stop coming move forward a bit and then find another box to sit on. i just ran a match with 200 kills, 11 mods, and 600 pickups due to this method.

But that is a specific weapon. You can't base an entire oppinion on one weapon alone. Maybe it is just plain strong in close, but that would mean that everyone who wants to have a chance in a situation where two or more AD's show up MUST have that particular weapon. That is not good gamedesign and I believe that you can see what I'm saying here. There are different playstyles and people don't want to NEED a specific weapon to be able to handle it.

Respond to Namacyst

I use a Latron with the same if not more effect than a Gorgon. Imho the only weapon not valid against ancients is melee, and only when theres multiple ancients (and even then its doable with multi-target weapons -> dual skana, bo etc)

Disruptors and Healers don't need a nerf. All you need is some weapon with Ice damage and you're fine. Then switch to your melee weapon and charge it as fast as you can, or just keep hitting that melee button until it is dead.

Regular infecteds already have such low HP and defense, it's good to have these tank infecteds once in a while. Unless you are using like a lvl 1 weapon on a lvl 15 enemy, then you are screwed.

------

Edited by RextintorZ

Ok, and if there are two disruptors?

It's possible but really hard to keep them both stunned with a medium-level Scindo. I've managed to do it, although about half the time I fail and then I lose all my shields + energy. Anyways, Ancient Disruptors need to actually be disrupting instead of what they do now. Disabling abilities? Sure. Shutting down shields? Okay. How about making you move slower for a bit instead of permanently draining energy? Or... I don't know. Maybe your attacks are less accurate due to the disruption and your melee attacks are slower? I don't know. Something that doesn't drain a limited resource permanently without being easily avoidable.

The poison zombies only do that if you let them, they're either slow or big and obvious (toxic ancients). They also don't drain that much (like 25-30 health if you walk into one of their clouds?) whereas the Ancient Disruptor makes all your energy go *poof* and also all your shields too.

Disruptors and Healers don't need a nerf. All you need is some weapon with Ice damage and you're fine. Then switch to your melee weapon and charge it as fast as you can, or just keep hitting that melee button until it is dead.

Regular infecteds already have such low HP and defense, it's good to have these tank infecteds once in a while. Unless you are using like a lvl 1 weapon on a lvl 15 enemy, then you are screwed.

------

Okay they don't need a nerf. I can agree with that. They do however need changes because if you don't have a specific type of mod installed they're huge aggravations.

Make them do huge shield damage and slow you down, give the Infected some other units to exploit slowed Tenno (something as simple as those nasty cloaking shotgun Infected in darkSector would be enough)... bam. No longer as cheesy. Infected are more threatening. Everyone is happy.

Edited by MJ12

Ancient healers really just seem to have alot of health and hit a little harder than normal infected but they pulse some kind of green healing aura.

Ancient Disruptors eat your energy pool and pop your shield which is made of energy too. Past that they hit about as hard as the healers.

Toxic ancients have a poison cloud that does a DoT effect straight to your HP while not even touching your shield. It seems like their physical attacks do this as well and also ignore any armor mods you have to reduce damage to your HP.

All 3 are capable of knocking you down.

So really to me the Toxic ancient is by far the most dangerous unless your build relies completely on stacking shield mods to survive. If you're set up to armor/HP tank the disruptors are just annoying.

-Snip-

Once more... And what if there are two? Or three? I've seen up to four in one room, someone PLEASE explain to me what happens when there are 4 of them, plus a hoard, and you just got ALL of your energy and shield leached. No one has responded to that, you keep saying "just have a good weapon"... A good enough weapon wont help you when your stun locked by a hoard and have no energy, or shield.

And I can say that... level 30 snipertron with puncture 4. I can clear a room in a few shots very easily.

Once more... And what if there are two? Or three? I've seen up to four in one room, someone PLEASE explain to me what happens when there are 4 of them, plus a hoard, and you just got ALL of your energy and shield leached. No one has responded to that, you keep saying "just have a good weapon"... A good enough weapon wont help you when your stun locked by a hoard and have no energy, or shield.

And I can say that... level 30 snipertron with puncture 4. I can clear a room in a few shots very easily.

Unless I'm getting hit by toxic ancients getting swarmed results most of the time in me losing 1-5 health per attack out of 350 HP, 1 per mook. more than 1 from an ancient or exploding runner, after my shield is gone. You just make sure to get atleast 1 swing or shot off when the stun or knockdown spam occurs and thin them out. The only time I've died to being swarmed by infested is when toxic ancients arrive while I'm dealing with this. 2-4 ancients are still easy to deal with. I had a mission that came up difficulty 5 where I found something like 10-15 ancients in general all in a single room.

Again I don't use any shield mods in my build so I have the base 250 shield you get from rank ups at lv 30 on my volt who's abilities do pretty much nothing to ancients anyway.

Infected is there to charge you and swarm. Disruptors, Healers and Toxics are like mini-bosses, so it is kinda logical for them to have these kinds of powers and high health.

Don't want to get swarmed? Stay far away, get your long range weapon with at least one Freeze damage mod and mow them down. Those mini-bosses are so easy to kill this way, especially if you aim at their weak spot: their legs.

If you are having a hard time, you are not using a good tactic. Challenges are there for you to overcome.

------

Edited by RextintorZ

the game gods have laughed in my face a lot till i smacked them in the face when they spawned 7 Acients on me at the same time only to have them all mowed down by melee and range. That and your dodge roll is pretty much fully invincable against melee attacks...