Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clans And Alliances On The Community

Velsva

What if alliances and clans never existed? Would the community be more or less unified if these things did not exist? Could the game survive? Do the advantages a clan can provide outweigh the negative things clans can bring into the game? Do clans and alliances bring unnecessary pressures upon the developers and players? 

I have some opinions about this, but they could be biased due to how I play the game. I will refrain from posting my thoughts for now.

What do you guys think?

In a nutshell, I'd just randomly find some group of people via public, find which ones would like to play together, have fun and just go as a group.

I'm unsure, as this game is based all around PVE with more addition to the PVP standards recently.

I don't think you need a clan, but building one for weapons in dojo gives you something to do. :D

Clans and alliances are there for a reason, simply put they let people have a community of their own, a community they can make friends in. Rather then building up your friends list just so you can have a active squad you can focus on clan/alliances if not both. Just look at other games like WoW or Guild Wars, what would the games be without guilds where big number of players can gather? Gather with no problem at all, instead of having to focus on having the friends list full. Without a complete game overhaul i don't see them surviving without it.

Although I agree that clans are an amazing way to build up a community and meet new people, think about the myriad of impacts they can have on different groups of players, their play styles, the devs, and how they go about their jobs. Just to give an example of the impacts clans and alliances can have, look at rails.

Ever since the armistice different sub communities within the Warframe community have had less fighting (or complaining) about rails and their policies. There has been no "Us V. Them" drive in the game. Awesome! But at the same time this vacuum of power (and taxes) has driven more efficient methods of farming. Does this burn out players more (as they play less variation in content and more of the same farm missions)? Does this efficient farming lead to a headache for the devs? Will they have to worry about rebalancing many of the mods and missions they put out? Does this pull any valuable time away from the development of new content?

The market too. As old farm mods and gear become less useful due to balancing, less plat will be circulating around the market to acquire these things. Which means DE could be losing money, so they have to figure out a way rebalance the drop tables to create new demands to drive plat sales. Which in turn could either help or hurt players and how they go about the game.

And all this mess could be caused by policies a few clans put out. Or even the absence of influence of clans and alliances. If clans and alliances truly are the base of the game, shouldn't the system be changed a bit to let players enjoy their communities without accidentally (or intentionally) creating a cascade effect that could slow the progress of game development, or create turmoil?

There are other problems and advantages clans and alliances can provide. I will return later with more.

Edited by Velsva