Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Hawken...

Revel72

Armored Core without ability to strafe walk *Goes to puke* Don't speak about that piece of trash... Chrome HOUNDS FOR THE WIN!

STRAFE WALK

PFFT

Your Hound is like an MT compared to my AC.

(MTs are the weakest mech in the AC universe)

Edited by TheSpookyGhost

You are suggesting a terrible alternative to a supposedly bad option? Lel.

I assume you haven't even played titanfall, since you're calling it 'terrible'.

If you want to continue this discussion, PM me.

G1 ruined games before (APB), I doubt it's gonna be any different wtih Hawken.

@Below:

I got more than my money's worth from it (granted I bought it for silly low price, and all DLC free)

Yeah, it doesn't have bazillion of unlocks like your typical call of duty, but instead it has one of the best movement systems in an fps.

A system that even DE used as inspiration for parkour 2.0

Edited by Shifted

I'm not saying Hawken didn't turn bad. I'm saying Titanfall is not worth money.

Reloaded's reputation - while less than stellar - hasn't caused any detriment to Hawken in its ongoing zombie state. Considering my experience with APB - which was a bad cash grab of a game even before they acquired it - I'm less than excited about what may come down the line.

That doesn't stop me from continuing to blow S#&$ up on a regular basis!

They're only just getting around to putting an actual dev team together and delving into the game now ... so we'll see. The new producer has done a much better job with communicating than the old devs ever did ... but that may just be to keep the few players who are still around sweet while they carve up the corpse.

You are suggesting a terrible alternative to a supposedly bad option? Lel.

Ikr?

STRAFE WALK

PFFT

Your Hound is like an MT compared to my AC.

(MTs are the weakest mech in the AC universe)

If the mech can not strafe walk it is really annoying to pilot... Besides Chrome Hounds are much more fun. Tactical game play. 

If the mech can not strafe walk it is really annoying to pilot... Besides Chrome Hounds are much more fun. Tactical game play. 

Boost > Strafe walk

The speed of a NEXT can make a Hound even wonder what it's up against. 

As well as Primal Armor protecting it even more.

Boost > Strafe walk

The speed of a NEXT can make a Hound even wonder what it's up against. 

As well as Primal Armor protecting it even more.

I have used the boost but it is nearly pointless to have in game... Since you can just pretty much like Soma M1+W everything down.

Edited by Revel72

...If you don't use boost in AC4A you will die. No matter what weapon you have.

Kind of boring? There is only strategies. Zero amount of tactics. Unless we talk about how to approach the mission. Chrome Hounds is just filled with tactics and team play.

Kind of boring? There is only strategies. Zero amount of tactics. Unless we talk about how to approach the mission. Chrome Hounds is just filled with tactics and team play.

Piloting a NEXT effectively requires skill and proper development of your NEXT. You need to know it inside and out and make it fit you. 

And you want tactics?

Every AC has a role in multiplayer. Support, Mobile striker, Sharpshooter and Heavy loader (These are terms my team used for AC: Verdict day, but they still apply here).

Support acts as the radar jammer (who uses high defense with medium mobility) as well as providing ample support for the Mobile Striker.

Mobile Strikers are the fast but powerful NEXTs (I am the Mobile Striker, using a highly mobile AC with a fast firing Assault Rifle with high damage output).

Sharpshooter is self-explanatory.

Heavy loaders are the tanks. Think of the support AC but less mobile and with faaaaar more firepower.

Tactics are actually further reinforced in Armored Core V and Verdict Day. Every weapon has a class and every part to the mech has it's class (separated into THERMAL, CHEMICAL and KINETIC). You can set up a team (even your own A.I. controlled AC that you developed on your own). With a team, you need to work together and make sure you all have a role. 

And if you wanna go into Special Operations (Raids) in Verdict Day, then you have what is essentially a faster version of Chromehounds (especially for the Spirit of Motherwill raid). 

Edited by TheSpookyGhost

@Below:

I got more than my money's worth from it (granted I bought it for silly low price, and all DLC free)

Yeah, it doesn't have bazillion of unlocks like your typical call of duty, but instead it has one of the best movement systems in an fps.

A system that even DE used as inspiration for parkour 2.0

I don't doubt G1 ruins games, just like it did APB, but Hawken was dead out of the gate. They just stopped doing anything with it, and not a single person I know even bothered going back after the first week. That, and the developers apparently alienated all the people who had been playing all throughout the beta phase due to the changes to movement mechanics and TTK. There is little G1 could do to ruin a game that was already dead in the water a long time ago.

TItanfall was a nice tech demo, but not much else, unfortunately. I liked it, it wasn't that expensive, but at the end of the day it didn't really get far. We can only hope a Titanfall 2 will iron out the details of making a complete game.