The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's The Deal With This Whole Umbra Excalibur Thing?

GhostShip20

I guess that means we won't get the Nikana and Kunai Prime weapons since those with be exclusive with Umbra Excal Prime.

We are, both have been confirmed to be coming to the global build for some time, there is just uncertainty with Umbra Excal and Umbra Excal Prime at the moment due to the statements given by DE and the Chinese publisher conflicting with each other.

Why even get the nikana and kunai prime when they are also apart of their founders pack? Either DE is doing something shady with Chang you or Chang you is doing some shady business with DE.

Either way, I am kinda hoping the Nikana Prime doesn't come out better than the Dragon Nikana, comparable seems fine so long as it's still an MR8 weapon but better than D. Nikana and not MR locked at a higher rank would kinda suck. It would have the same feeling as Boltor Prime has currently being available as soon as you hit MR2 and can trade. It wasn't HARD to get to MR8 but everyone still had to get to MR8 just to make one and if you can just trade or farm for something better in the same category of weapon in the near future and not even require the same MR rating that would just feel annoying. 

Either way, I am kinda hoping the Nikana Prime doesn't come out better than the Dragon Nikana, comparable seems fine so long as it's still an MR8 weapon but better than D. Nikana and not MR locked at a higher rank would kinda suck. It would have the same feeling as Boltor Prime has currently being available as soon as you hit MR2 and can trade. It wasn't HARD to get to MR8 but everyone still had to get to MR8 just to make one and if you can just trade or farm for something better in the same category of weapon in the near future and not even require the same MR rating that would just feel annoying.

(Dragon Nikana -> Nikana Prime)

Increased Slash (72 -> 85)

Decreased Puncture (8.5 -> 4.8)

Increased Impact (4 -> 4.8)

Increased Status Chance (15% -> 20%)

Increased Crit Chance (15% -> 20%)

Increased Attack Speed (1.0 -> 1.1)

Base Damage:

Dragon Nikana: 85

Nikana Prime: 95

Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

(Dragon Nikana -> Nikana Prime)

Increased Slash (72 -> 85)

Decreased Puncture (8.5 -> 4.8)

Increased Impact (4 -> 4.8)

Increased Status Chance (15% -> 20%)

Increased Crit Chance (15% -> 20%)

Increased Attack Speed (1.0 -> 1.1)

Base Damage:

Dragon Nikana: 85

Nikana Prime: 95

For some reason, I find the fact that the content that is available to the Warframe version in China has better stats compared to our content and on top of that, having the possibility that their content will become available to everyone else with the same stats is unsettling. I, for one, don't want the Nikana Prime to make the Dragon Nikana obsolete. If DE does this, it will give a message that clan tech is a waste of time and resources. If anything, Prime weapons and clan tech weapons should be side grades of one another.

People have already mentioned countless times that clan tech needs a lot of buffs. Supra already got a buff which is great, but right now, the other clan tech weapons need some "love" as well. Clan tech = investment which should = to "profit" as in reliable gear at higher level content. I understand Prime weapons are supposed to be upgrades to normal weapons, but clan tech, due to the amount of investment required, should be a side-grade to Prime. I think of clan tech as evolution. Maybe clan tech will actually be a good place to create what I like to call, Mark 2 Warframes, aka buffed versions of the normal versions. The Tenno lab can use some extra Warframes, but that is another story.

First of all there are no founders in china what did they found there just originators not founders thats like saying that if a prime access that was released here was released in china that it would be an insult to us.

They said it was exclusive to china so yes it would insult them if we got something similar and its nothing like PA, since PA has never claimed to be exclusive to a certain region. And i said founders because they are using it similarly to how DE used excal prime to intially start up.

They said it was exclusive to china so yes it would insult them if we got something similar and its nothing like PA, since PA has never claimed to be exclusive to a certain region. And i said founders because they are using it similarly to how DE used excal prime to intially start up.

Out of curiosity, why are we getting their content?

Only thing I worried about if they're released here is that everyone gets behind and it's so popular that they consider releasing alternate versions of what we already have. I don't want there to be a Frost prime then a Frost Umbra and so on and so on. I want them to fix what is currently broken to make other frames viable. Skins and all that I have no problem with but having a frost that has different stats or superior stats than a prime is a scary thought to me.

Ironically enough, a number of theories would point to it being canonically correct. Any Warframe that has a Prime would have an Umbra as well.

Well Tenno could make primes at one point maybe Umbra was their version of warframes?

So basically, its another take at what they already have? I am, as I am typing this, have a feeling that Prime Warframes were used by the elite Tenno while the original Warframes were used by lower-rank Tenno, but these Warframes, in general, were built by the Orokin. The Umbra then becomes a much more "personal take" at Warframe construction by the Tenno themselves, perhaps furthering the customization aspect of whichever Warframe is in question, such as in this case, Excalibur Umbra.

What I just said is nothing more than just a theory that simply came to mind (I don't know if anyone suggested the same idea), but then, judging by what I just stated, that means that the Excalibur Umbra Prime is the "personal take" at Warframe construction for the more elite Tenno.