Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Dont Break In De

AudioRejectz

Don't let all these posts about costs/dojo requirements/obsolete weapons and so, make you reduce everything.

I personally, as well as many others want to play this for a long time. So having a long time goal to aim for is great. If you were to drop all the costs of everything, meaning its easy for everyone to have everything in a week,id be disappointed. Because then what would there be to do.

Bad example I know, but look at legendary weapons on guild wars, it took an average of 4-6 months to build one...anyway enough of that lol.

Another thing I've seen people complain about is weapons becoming obsolete compared to the new ones. Personally I think this is a stupid argument.

When im spending more or less millions, in credits/resources to - build all the research faculties, then spending a whole lot more to research all the weapons. Id be pissed off if the weapons were not better. I look at them, as many do, as the next tier of weapon in the game.

Then there are the things you do that many developers dont do, like give us players actual chance to help develop features and ideas and put them in the game. Just like you did with some of the cool mods you added.

So yeah, people can call it kiss &#! or anything they want, I dont really care.

There are a lot of us who love what your doing and cant wait to see how it grows

One thing, maybe scale it for smaller clans. One cost for clans of 1-10, another for 11-25, then 26-100, then 101+.

Edit: This wouldn't even help me. I'm in SSI (300+) so we'd have the biggest costs. It would help small clans though.

Edited by SolluxCaptorTA

One thing, maybe scale it for smaller clans. One cost for clans of 1-10, another for 11-25, then 26-100, then 101+.Edit: This wouldn't even help me. I'm in SSI (300+) so we'd have the biggest costs. It would help small clans though.

But only if they perma-lock those clans to that size.

But I'm on the side of OP.

Edited by Aramahn

One thing, maybe scale it for smaller clans. One cost for clans of 1-10, another for 11-25, then 26-100, then 101+.

Edit: This wouldn't even help me. I'm in SSI (300+) so we'd have the biggest costs. It would help small clans though.

Why would you punish big clans for being big?

Cost per member should be standardized.  Build costs of building a dojo should be low, each member of the clan accessing those built areas should be a standard cost per player.

The current systems is making my small clan look for a large clan, wait for research, grab the weapons and reform.  If more content comes out in the future, lather, rinse and repeat.

It is all new and they are going to tweak it per the live stream so there really is no reason to even use the Clan Dojo system until it is in a more final state.  I know some folks have to have it all now and they will pay a premium now to have the dojo gear.  If the Clan Dojo prices are reduced or ever scaled they may find that they paid an exorbitant price for the privilege of researching those weapons now.  DE's end goal is to make the acquisition of content slower, but the Clan Dojo system is so bloated it has made a lot of smaller clan or solo players decide to simply avoid it, myself included.  Even if the weapons that come out of the Dojo are click once and all enemies on the map die is not worth a year of farming mats just to be able to build out a few hallways and a room or two.  It may be the vision of DE for everyone to be in huge clans but excluding the many small clans and lone wolfs will not make them more money and eventually their business guys will look at that and hopefully make some recomendations so the content is not only zerg-available.  I am enjoying the new content though that everyone can enjoy and look forward to more from Warframe.

Edited by Nickeltoe

Balancing for small clans is something that needs to be fixed, it should be so but there is bug of some sort that does not do so at the moment. If you are in a bigger group then I understand, the phase between small clans and big clans getting items is now months from each other. A big clan can get 10 rooms materials per day, a small clan can get 1/15 of a room materials per day if not even less, of course depending how much individuals play. So in time where a big clan has gotten 300 rooms materials with this math, the small clans have gotten 2

So big clans are 300/2 = 150 times faster at doing things when we talk about Dojo related stuff. The gap between the two is to huge, way too huge and thus balancing is needed. PLEASE NOTE, that the number represented are not actual data and thus serve as just example numbers rather than actual data, when it comes to actual data, we just need to wait DE to possibly reveal that but the point here was that the gap between small and big clans is beyond humane.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

Cost per member should be standardized.  Build costs of building a dojo should be low, each member of the clan accessing those built areas should be a standard cost per player.

The current systems is making my small clan look for a large clan, wait for research, grab the weapons and reform.  If more content comes out in the future, lather, rinse and repeat.

It is all new and they are going to tweak it per the live stream so there really is no reason to even use the Clan Dojo system until it is in a more final state.  I know some folks have to have it all now and they will pay a premium now to have the dojo gear.  If the Clan Dojo prices are reduced or ever scaled they may find that they paid an exorbitant price for the privilege of researching those weapons now.  DE's end goal is to make the acquisition of content slower, but the Clan Dojo system is so bloated it has made a lot of smaller clan or solo players decide to simply avoid it, myself included.  Even if the weapons that come out of the Dojo are click once and all enemies on the map die is not worth a year of farming mats just to be able to build out a few hallways and a room or two.  It may be the vision of DE for everyone to be in huge clans but excluding the many small clans and lone wolfs will not make them more money and eventually their business guys will look at that and hopefully make some recomendations so the content is not only zerg-available.  I am enjoying the new content though that everyone can enjoy and look forward to more from Warframe.

Cost per member standardized!? What!? How about just giving Warlords more options to enforce different rules themselves. If a clan wants to have an admittance fee, there can be an option for that. A monthly material charge, another option. Run wild and free, have at it.

Taking away the freedom to allow clans to run however they see fit is absolutely ludicrous. How a clan you have no part in runs itself is of no concern of yours.

I agree, reducing the cost of the dojo wouldn't be the right idea to go for balancing the cost for smaller clans but IMO neither would scaling the scaling the cost of rooms to the size of the clan. Nothing is stopping people starting out a small clan, deck it out then invite everyone. Unless of course they make picking the size of a clan when you create a clan.

One way they could help smaller clans is introduce a resource booster which will increase resource drops by 1.5/2. Maybe have the resource booster only be a clan feature it'll only kick in when it's a group of clan members play a mission which should promote more clan play and ensure all resources found go towards the dojo. And have the resource booster purchasable with a certain amount of credits and last a number of missions instead of a time period. Make it a credit sink. Only money sink in the game right now is mods/dojo.

they should create some kind of "farming mode". While whole squad members are from same clan "farming mode" would boost drop rate or quantity of materials but they would be transported not to players inventory but to currently builded rooms. When clan increase in numbers this boost would scale down. it would greatly benefit small clans and encourage them to hang out together.

Lets say BIG clans are these with 30+ members. At this point buff goes to 0%.

Lets say 4 man clans have quantity bonus of like 300% so instead of X [insert random mats name] they get X x 3 but it goes straight to the room currently builded @ dojo.

Now, every new member they get buff decays for 10% till the clan gets 30 members when it hits 0.

these numbers need to be revised - its just an example for the mechanics.

I agree, reducing the cost of the dojo wouldn't be the right idea to go for balancing the cost for smaller clans but IMO neither would scaling the scaling the cost of rooms to the size of the clan. Nothing is stopping people starting out a small clan, deck it out then invite everyone. Unless of course they make picking the size of a clan when you create a clan.

One way they could help smaller clans is introduce a resource booster which will increase resource drops by 1.5/2. Maybe have the resource booster only be a clan feature it'll only kick in when it's a group of clan members play a mission which should promote more clan play and ensure all resources found go towards the dojo. And have the resource booster purchasable with a certain amount of credits and last a number of missions instead of a time period. Make it a credit sink. Only money sink in the game right now is mods/dojo.

The problem in your logic is that the way the balancing would work is that sure, smaller clans use less resources as a flat amount but it still takes them more time to build everything than a bigger clan would and in the long run the time saved by biffer clans is drastically bigger than the smaller clans, the start time would only be quite the same. Making it only more humane for smaller clans while not making any sense or appealing to bigger clans as it would just waste more of their time and the resources they could have at that point. This way small clans can get essential stuff too but bigger clans still have the upper hand.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

they should create some kind of "farming mode". While whole squad members are from same clan "farming mode" would boost drop rate or quantity of materials but they would be transported not to players inventory but to currently builded rooms. When clan increase in numbers this boost would scale down. it would greatly benefit small clans and encourage them to hang out together.

Lets say BIG clans are these with 30+ members. At this point buff goes to 0%.

Lets say 4 man clans have quantity bonus of like 300% so instead of X [insert random mats name] they get X x 3 but it goes straight to the room currently builded @ dojo.

Now, every new member they get buff decays for 10% till the clan gets 30 members when it hits 0.

these numbers need to be revised - its just an example for the mechanics.

This is still highly exploitable. Once done with your epic dojo-on-a-budget, what's to stop people from going big after that?

Right now people are too focused on helping one group while perfectly okay with back handing another group. Just because a clan is large doesn't mean they're the bad guys and don't deserve what they've worked for.

Giving handouts to one group simply because they don't have the man power to achieve what another group can is never the answer.

Edited by Aramahn

Big clans would still have the super benefit of almost endless void runs due to key sharing.

Except only 4 people benefit from the run and not the whole clan. Scaling costs simply punishes big clans for just having numbers and ruins any incentive to make a big clan.

break in break in break in break in BREAK IIIIIIIIN!!! *waves cash*

Edit: +1 to woira... I had to disband my 20-man clan and join a megauberclanofdoom (800+ members) just to have access to the latest content ... how is that good implementation? either way now my clan is my friends list --

Edited by pixelsafoison

The mat prices are fine, you just need to coordinate with your buddies. For example, stop building stuff that uses alloy if you are going to build a room that requires alloy. I built just about every alternate helmet for all the frames and those suckers require 300 alloy each so i have easily gathered a quarter of what is needed for the reactor room which is 15k alloy. Right now with all the mats i have i am just a few thousand mats off what is needed to build one of the halls. And i'm talking those mats that drop off by the hundreds which means i am not that far off.

The one thing that is a big hurdle is the forma. Forma right now are the Oroking Catalyst/Reactor version 2.0. So this is going to take a lot of time to gather if you are not going to pick them up with plat.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

The mat prices are fine, you just need to coordinate with your buddies. For example, stop building stuff that uses alloy if you are going to build a room that requires alloy. I built just about every alternate helmet for all the frames and those suckers require 300 plat each so i have easily gathered a quarter of what is needed for the reactor room which is 15k alloy. Right now with all the mats i have i am just a few thousand mats off what is needed to build one of the halls. And i'm talking those mats that drop off by the hundreds which means i am not that far off.

The one thing that is a big hurdle is the forma. Forma right now are the Oroking Catalyst/Reactor version 2.0. So this is going to take a lot of time to gather if you are not going to pick them up with plat.

so you're in a small clan and you're not outraged? even though EVERYONE ELSE is going to get the awesome weapons (ours are already being built, in 2 days 15 hours we're getting something small clans won't have before ages, and every 3 days afterwards 3 new items)? I'm open minded but i find it hard to believe o_o

The clan cost bothers me.  I'll never join a clan that's not just me, my husband, and a few of our friends; the cost isn't going to change that.  We aren't even considering messing with the dojo because of the cost.  If we could, I don't know, offset some of the cost with credits (e.g. buy some of the mats for credits), the prices could stay the same, and our tiny clan could get a few rooms.

If the upgrades start making you super powerful, and we still can't get access to it from out small guild, we're likely to stop playing.  Not because we're mad or anything, but because the game just isn't built for us guild-wise.  There's no point in sticking around if everyone else gets stupid strong and we just kind of suck.  I don't want to be that person in a match holding everyone back, you know?

Absolutely! And that's why it's equally viable to have a clan of whatever size you want.

OH WAIT NO IT ISN'T.

Actually it is. Big clans reach the content faster because people pool resources.

Small clans build the guild their way without the pressure of min/maxing structures while staying with their close friends.