Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Daikyu Draw Bugged? Other Daikyu Stuff

Lordricker

I've been looking around a little and haven't been able to find this bug on the forums so if there is another post I would appreciate it if you could point me in that direction. 

I first noticed it shortly after the new movement was implemented. Basically the bow is not able to be shot without being fully charged and if you let go of the mouse button early it charged up the rest of the way and shot immediately after fully charged. That was before the movement patch but now in pvp if you let go too early it will simply reset the bow without shooting the arrow (but still makes shooting sound?). I was hoping it would get fixed, but there have been a few fixes since then and it hasn't changed. Its a slight irritation that I was just wondering if it was something new or if its a bug.

Another daikyu opinion is that your movement should be hindered (maybe cant double jump or cant run as fast) while it is drawn

1. it would "Help" prevent the running away, drawing while running and shooting chaser.

2. it would give some sort of notification to chasers that the bow is ready to be fired (or getting ready)

One other opinion is that for frames that are not killed instantly by a shot should have some sort of short stagger (if i got hit by an arrow that big at that speed it would sit me down) or if not stagger maybe bleeding from the hole it leaves in them.

These were my thoughts, if there are holes in these thoughts please speak up.

The Daikyu was changed in U17 to not force you to fire by simply clicking once or letting go of the fire button prematurely, this means it doesn't fire at all if you don't fully charge it. It wasn't documented in the patch notes, but I believe it was intended.

The inspiration for the Daikyu is a Japanese longbow of the same name, users of this bow practice slowly and deliberately line up their shots so that they always hit their marks. Randomly shooting off an arrow when I didn't want to just because I let go of the fire button kinda goes against that theme, so I'm fine with the change.

Edited by Ailith

Hmm interesting history. The problem I have with it is not that it randomly shoots but that I want it to shoot and instead it now resets completely, sometimes wasting 1.4 seconds when you need 1.5 for it to charge. It would be different if you could feel the bow draw but i'm not always staring at the charging circle when looking for other opponents. I would agree with the following history idea if it wasn't a game of ninjas that can come up on you in a split second causing need for quick reaction. 

PVE would be different and I would be ok with this change there cause you can predict their movements better and they don't move as fast. Unfortunately, to be honest, against "good" people in pvp that move a lot you are never going to have success being a sniper "slowly and deliberately" lining up shots from any kind of distance especially with a bow that is nothing near hitscan.

That is some cool history though and thanks for the info on U17.