The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour Update Was A Volt Speed Nerf

Ratiasu

When I'm speeding through missions with my trusty Volt, I go out of my way to avoid gliding or bullet jumping, so I know what you mean OP. As soon as you get off the ground, your 294% power strength goes out the window.

the only off the ground thing that got boosted with speed was anything dealing with melee and wall run. they have removed the momentum of air melee and spin attacks to make them more controllable. now if people want it just ask them to have wall hop make use of speed and sprint. asking them to make bullet jump make use of speed would invalidate parkour mods they aren't gonna do that. the old system is gone(parkour 1.0) that is something you will have to deal with.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

the only off the ground thing that got boosted with speed was anything dealing with melee and wall run. they have removed the momentum of air melee and spin attacks to make them more controllable. now if people want it just ask them to have wall hop make use of speed and sprint. asking them to make bullet jump make use of speed would invalidate parkour mods they aren't gonna do that. the old system is gone(parkour 1.0) that is something you will have to deal with.

I'd appreciate it if you don't put words in my mouth. I never said it should be affected by speed in general, I merely stated a fact. I actually have a post recommending a boost to the default bullet jump velocity because it's pretty bad as it is. I don't want it to be on the level of a ceramic dagger, I just want it to be less floaty and actually worthwhile: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/500656-parkour-20-velocity-increase

You're also wrong. Volt's speed never invalidated mods like Rush. In fact, if you want to go fast as a Volt you equip Rush to increase the base movement speed that would be boosted by your power strength. It makes a big difference. I actually think that Volt's Speed should increase the velocity of bullet jumps, and that would actually make the new mods more useful. As it is now, I'll never equip the new parkour mods on my Volt. They're useless.