Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do I Even....

WhiteNekophus

doing LITERALLY nothing for grabbing my own success? and hate somebody within my heart for their own goddamn success?

(No this is not about warframe actually, funny I try to do to grab success in games)

How do I fix this problem? How do I force myself to do things that I want and need to do other than games?

I'm always sitting right infront of goddamn PC, always to find games, even though you know it's not fun grinding or even sometimes playing itself is not fun at all, yet I always find myself playing games.

No I need this PC for do things what I want, but games... games.... no, I know I don't need them, I know what I need to do with it, but I can't force myself to.

Even though I am not gaming at all I still keep reading forum, watch videos, doing same thing all over.....

Please save meeee

By the way i just made hikou prime and glaive prime and tigris, it's so fun. too shame i sold concealed explosives for 20p cuz i'm dumb

Edited by WhiteNekophus

It's a problem we all face. Instant, small gratification has been proven in scientific studies to be more compulsive and attractive than a long term, large gratification, even if that large goal is immensely important to us. I struggle with this a lot.

I find it's usually a force of will. I find that if I make "deals" with myself, I can do somewhat better. "I'll do x once I finish my chores." "I'll talk to people on skype in an hour, after I do x." Etc.

The trick is sticking to those deals and goals. It's hard, but you can do it. It just takes practice and willpower.

There is nothing wrong with how you feel, this more common than you think... For every person that achieve success their are so many that fail at it... and even does who achieve that which we might consider a success possibly feel the same way as you do now.

You just need to focus your passion for games to a common goal that would be just as gratifying... who knows maybe in the future you might turn to be one of DE's teammates or a game tester etc...

You don't need anyone to save you as you already have what you need to save yourself... don't beat your self up, don't let others success discourage you, instead make it into a goal. Let each person focus on what their own worth is, not in comparative to others.

And when you reach your limit, you will truly know how to over come it, your not dumb, nobody is dumb...you just haven't realize your true potential and value. Only does who do not realize their faults, failures and limitation are the true dumb ones.

Be strong my Tenno brother, don't let up, your closer to realize your true calling that you give yourself credit. ;)

Sincerely,

0z

Edited by 0zryel

Welp I know how you feel right now, and I'm not really one to give advice since I'm basically in the same boat buuuuut.... My suggestion is to find a passion or desire and chase it. Something that keeps your focus more than anything else.

Finding passion... is something I know I must have found already. Problem might be desire...

It's a problem we all face. Instant, small gratification has been proven in scientific studies to be more compulsive and attractive than a long term, large gratification, even if that large goal is immensely important to us. I struggle with this a lot.

I find it's usually a force of will. I find that if I make "deals" with myself, I can do somewhat better. "I'll do x once I finish my chores." "I'll talk to people on skype in an hour, after I do x." Etc.

The trick is sticking to those deals and goals. It's hard, but you can do it. It just takes practice and willpower.

Making deals to myself, sounds so hard to do than just playing. But it seems it is reliable way to do I guess? I better try this. Thank you.

There is nothing wrong with how you feel, this more common than you think... For every person that achieve success their are so many that fail at it... and even does who achieve that which we might consider a success possibly feel the same way as you do now.

You just need to focus your passion for games to a common goal that would be just as gratifying... who knows maybe in the future you might turn to be one of DE's teammates or a game tester etc...

You don't need anyone to save you as you already have what you need to save yourself... don't beat your self up, don't let others success discourage you, instead make it into a goal. Let each person focus on what their own worth is, not in comparative to others.

And when you reach your limit, you will truly know how to over come it, your not dumb, nobody is dumb...you just haven't realize your true potential and value. Only does who do not realize their faults, failures and limitation are the true dumb ones.

Be strong my Tenno brother, don't let up, your closer to realize your true calling that you give yourself credit. ;)

Sincerely,

0z

Focusing my passion, eh. this has been problem for me for long, not finding one but focus.... Anyways, I'll try to do so. perhaps the way Jeahanne suggested to me will help me do so...? thank you, and to all.