Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Underwater Tile Set Feedback.

Revel72

If there is one thing what I need to say about underwater levels or something like that. As long as they are executed correctly. People will love them.

This is the situation of the it is done in the way that it gets love from me. Just like on fan concepts M0reco (Don't know is the name written correctly) said about we should be able to set up a base. I would choose one... *Sigh* English! Get me a better name for that planet... There is so much of dirty jokes for the name that it is starting get really old... So I would gladly set up my base in to planet Uranus.

Anyway. I just love the tile set. Great work there.

Yet I haven't see any clipping issues. Switching archwing to normal ground and air movement register is working much better than before these fixes. Good planning on the alternative routes in the water. A lot of thought putted on hiding the caches too. Great work.

Edited by Revel72

Find the drag of the water a bit much.  Would like to move faster.

Environments are mostly stunning, best in game by a long way.

Enemies can be really hard to spot -- not sure that's a good thing.

DE has fixed all archwing problems here bar the map and difficulty levelling.  Excellent job.

Find the drag of the water a bit much.  Would like to move faster.

Actually the drag under water is perfect. It is really well mirroring the real world drag what you would have with that much of area where water can move against.

If you have tried swimming fins what I have tried. I can quite clearly say that... I would more use real diving equipment over archwing in terms of speed but in terms of safety I would use archwing in the water. Because of the sharks and Harpak wielding enemies. And let's not forget the mines too.

Gameplay > realism, especially when most players don't know what reality feels like.

Well I guess somebody could use a swimming lesson or two. After all swimming is fun. And if you have laid eyes on the design of the archwings there is a lot of problems to be seen on it what comes on being faster underwater but it doesn't make it be bad using it.

I'll admit I need a swimming lesson if you admit you need a game design lesson.  Secondly, the archwing propel themselves and presumably have a pneumatic-type assisted movement so your argument is somewhat irrelevant.

A 10-20% speed buff isn't going to hurt immersiveness.  If you don't like going fast, don't use the Sprint key.

Also,  your last sentence is incomprehensible.

Edited by Fifield

I'll admit I need a swimming lesson if you admit you need a game design lesson.  Secondly, the archwing propel themselves and presumably have a pneumatic-type assisted movement so your argument is somewhat irrelevant.

A 10-20% speed buff isn't going to hurt immersiveness.  If you don't like going fast, don't use the Sprint key.

Also,  your last sentence is incomprehensible.

I actually don't know do I want to say. Game design is still an open book thing to me I agree.

Although going slow doesn't really matter on my part. Because if there is one game what has brought a dagger in my butt in name of learning. It is Dark Souls. Basically I have some patience and going slow doesn't hurt.

Edited by Revel72

• 3 weeks later...

I really love them. Enemies can be hard to see, but that adds to the enjoyment. The floating mines are fun to shoot/work around. It can be easy to get lost... but that's what makes it feel so immersive.

I'd love to see water sections added to other planets as well. It's a fantastic addition that should definitely be expanded upon.

It looks beautiful but really difficult to navigate through.

not that i hate it, it just is..

might i suggest:

slow sinking

-since most ppl aim little above the mid point so that the tenno's body doesnt block where we going,

and end up stuck at the top of darkest cave ceilings, completely disoriented.

flashlight

- we need more flashlights ... its okay to be disoriented for me, as long as i actually know i am disoriented.

its really frustrating to find out that i was just headbutting the dark corner of cave wall for past 5 sec. because i thought that was the pathway.

3d minimap for 3d navigation

- understand the difficulty, but it will be appreciated, but i know theres no hope for this.

I really like underwater tilesets, and im waiting to see more diverse underwater combat.

but to be honest, ppl wont play it if it is left as now...

Love the look but I am having issues getting into Arch Wing simply because there seems to be so few choices and ways to deal and take enough damage to survive. Currently grinding out the last of the Oxium I need to build a Grattler and hoping it delivers enough punch to make AW a bit more fun.

I agree underwater speed should be boosted a bit, no swimming lesson needed. Of course, I have never jumped in the water with a powered battle suit with wings and propulsion systems before........ /sarcasm

Arguing realism in a game of super powered space ninjas is a bit cheeky anyway, but seriously, we're not 'swimming' in Shark Wing, it's a powered mini-submersible.

Those missions are keeping me from finishing my starchart.

While in games I can somewhat get over my fear of deep water and just be terribly uncomfortable, these sharkwing missions are driving me to the point of just leaving my pc.

Thalassophobia is nicely triggered by the shark creatures and the way the grineer dodge and show up next to you, especially if one of their submarines shows up unexpectedly.