Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stacking Elemental Mods

willie989

A quick and easy change to add even more options to our loadouts: elemental mod stacking. Instead of being restricted to using only one Deep Freeze, for example, and being able to add in the other three elemental mods, how about we're restricted to four 90% elemental mods equipped at a time?

I mean the option to stack four Deep Freezes, but then not being able to equip, say, a convulsion, because we already have four 90% elemental mods equipped. In the end, we still have the same total elemental damage, just better control over what elements we're actually using. This would give us:

1) deeper customization

2) better specialization

3) a use for our dozens of extra elemental mods

4) more crap to waste fusion cores on

What are your opinions on this? Would anyone be against 360% total elemental damage for a single element, not counting dual stat mods?

I'm talking just the 90% mods, but the Dual stat, or 60/60 mods, could also take the same format. It seems we have the same basic idea, just slightly different takes on it; yours adds a new mod, while mine just uses existing mods to have the same effect. I'm basically trying to say that we should be able to use a maximum of four 90% elemental mods, and it shouldn't matter what element those four mods are.

Back in the days, with Mod 1.0, we were able to stack the same mod multiple times.

You could fill all your slots with like Range mods and have your powers cover the entire galaxy.

Anyway, this idea sounds interesting.

We can actually get 300% of a single combo-element. (Blast, Corrosive, Gas, Magnetic, Radiation, Viral)

On some weapon types, you can even go till 360% combo-element or 210% single element.

Since melee has 3 Electric mods, rifles and shotguns have 3 Fire mods and pistols have 3 Cold mods.

And honestly speaking, I don't think 360% cold would be any more OP than 360% Corrosive.

However, 4x 90% might be too much. Because at the moment, if you want to get 360% combo-element, you need 5 mod slots, not 4.

For that reason, I'd say 3 of the same should be the max.

Oh how I wish I could use eight overextendeds xD

We can already use four 90% mods giving us 180% of two combo elements, this would just allow it to be for one element. It wouldn't give us any more damage, it would just allow it to all be of one element instead of two combo elements. For example, instead of 180% blast and 180% corrosive (ignoring dual stat mods for this), we could do 360% cold, or 180% corrosive and 180% cold. All of those examples are just with 90% elemental mods, taking up 4 mod slots, giving a grand total of 360% elemental damage adde to the weapon. The only difference is the possible combinations.

Hm? Why do you need five mod slots to get 360% elemental damage?

On some weapons, you can achieve 360% combo-element using 5 slots.

To give you an example:

Shotgun has 3 Fire mods:

- Incendiary Coat (90% fire)

- Scattering Inferno (60% fire)
- Blaze (60% fire)

Combine these 3 with lets say 2 Electric mods:
- Charged Shell (90% electric)
- Shell Shock (60% electric)

And you can get a total of 360% Radiation damage using 5 slots.

On some weapons, you can achieve 360% combo-element using 5 slots.

To give you an example:

Shotgun has 3 Fire mods:

- Incendiary Coat (90% fire)

- Scattering Inferno (60% fire)
- Blaze (60% fire)

Combine these 3 with lets say 2 Electric mods:
- Charged Shell (90% electric)
- Shell Shock (60% electric)

And you can get a total of 360% Radiation damage using 5 slots.

Oh, I see what you're saying, all those non-standard elemental mods out there. I dunno, the total damage is still going to be the same as it is now, you're still going to max out at +540% elemental damage (4x 90% + 3x 60%), since you have to leave a spot for Serration. You're not going to break that cap with this change because you still can't have more than four 90% mods and three 60% mods; it's just the overall elemental composition that changes.

Edited by motorfirebox