Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Vex

Andy1134

Hello, this is my first post here and my first time posting a concept like this if there already exist a concept like this please let me know. Well i will get straight to the point

This is a very rough concpet of Vex.

JvIACcQ.jpg?1

Theme
Vexer/gambler

Role

Enemy debuffer

Short Bio
Vex was designed to impede enemy activity, whether this meant jamming enemy weapons, causing shield malfunctions  reducing a enemies armor or even slowing them down. Vex shares many similarities with loki as they are both essentially tricksters Vex however focuses more on causing trouble for the enemy by causing misfortune with his cards. By channeling void energy into his cards Vex can cause misfortune where ever or who ever his cards hit.

BASELINE STATS

HEALTH: 100 (300 max)

POWER: 120 (220 max)

ARMOR: 70

SHIELD CAPACITY: 140 (380 max)

SPRINT SPEED: 1.25

POLARITIES: 2x -

AURA POLARITY: -

Powers List

Weapon Malfunction - Vex throws cursed cards at all targets within range, these cards cause the enemies weapon ammunition to explode and thier guns to jam. this causes a bleed proc and either allows for a quick escape, rescue or attack.

—Rank 0: Energy cost: 15 Duration: 10 Seconds Range: 10 meters Effect: 10's Bleed

—Rank 1: Energy cost: 20 Duration: 10 Seconds Range: 20 meters Effect: 15's Bleed

—Rank 2: Energy cost: 25 Duration: 10 Seconds Range: 30 meters Effect: 20's Bleed

Rank 3: Energy cost: 30 Duration: 10 Seconds Range: 40 meters Effect: 25's Bleed

Shield/Armor Malfunction - Vex unleases a flury of cards hitting all targets in his line of sight. These cards cause shields and armor to malfunction and degrade allowing either Vex or his allies to do more damage to the enemy

—Rank 0: Energy cost: 25 Duration: 10   Seconds Effect: shields: 15% armor: 10% reduction

—Rank 1: Energy cost: 25 Duration: 10   Seconds Effect: shields: 20% armor: 20% reduction

—Rank 2: Energy cost: 45 Duration: 20 Seconds Effect: shields: 25% armor: 30% reduction

Rank 3: Energy cost: 55 Duration: 20 Seconds Effect: shields: 50% armor: 40% reduction

Card storm - Vex unleases a storm of cards which do damage over time. While this

ability is active Vex is unable to use his other abilities. This ability is toggleable but cost 25 to initiate

—Rank 0: Energy cost: 5(s)   Range:  5  meters Damage: 20 per second

—Rank 1: Energy cost: 10(s) Range: 10 meters Damage: 25 per second

—Rank 2: Energy cost: 15(s) Range: 15 meters Damage: 30 per second

Rank 3: Energy cost: 20(s) Range: 20 meters Damage: 35 per second

Waves of misfortune- Vex devistates adversaries surrounding him with a explosion of cursed cards dealing a massive amount of damage and cursing those who survive.

—Rank 0: Energy cost: 75 Range: 10  meters Damage: 400

—Rank 1: Energy cost: 75 Range: 20 meters Damage:  600

—Rank 2: Energy cost: 75 Range: 40 meters Damage:  800

Rank 3: Energy cost: 75 Range: 50 meters Damage:  1000

Edited by Andy1134

I like the idea of actively represent gambling in a frame. One might think about not only including cards, but also dice. 

His First ability should have a shorter duration, afterall, you can double the duration with mods, and hardly any enemy lives for 100 seconds in combat. To make it only temporary (as contrast to Loki's ultimate, which is permanent), there needs to be a strong sense of 'it'll run out soon!' Maxing out at unmodded 20 seconds would be my advice.

And you didn't specify what the curse of his 4th skill actually does, as well as i think there don't need to be any more ae-bomb-ultimates. Make it only curse them, and instead make the curse really punishing. How about "damage they deal is also applied to themselves" (just a spontaneous idea).

Lastly, I don't think this frame is 'lucky' enough. He uses cards, but there's not even a hint of 'chance' in his skills. isn#t that a little sad? Maybe we can think of a passive that alleviates this inconsistency.

Thanks for the feedback I just noticed I posted this in the wrong forum. I will lower the duration for his abilities. His third ability was orginally not suppose to cause status but im thinking of lowering the overall damage so its more of a chipping damage rather than a killing aoe. I thought about giving him a luck like passive. but couldn't come up with anything good.

I'm glad to help. 

Concerning luck: If we make this a luck-affected frame, he's most certainly not going to make it into the top tier, though it might be an element that provides lots of fun. 

Possible passives would be that his skillcasts are randomly varying in energy cost and strength/duration (let's say, maximum both doubled, minimum both halved), chances to proc one ability when using another (of course only in specific sets), or other things I can't think of right now.

Another idea for a passive could be after you cast a skill there is a % chance that you can cast your next skill for free, and to make it blanced this passive couldn't proc on skills that are free so you can't cast like 2 or 3 free skills in a row.

Edited by Dabluechimp

had. too much card game.

+ too much damage and same active thing .. throw card and throw card..

sound nice frame but need rework

if he gets like .

vex drop random card that increase fire rate/reload speed/damage for all team. it will be more effective and fun play

not saying this is a good skill just say that it have more fun and option to play with