The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Cannot Login Megathread (Login Failed Check Your Info - 8/23/15)

(XBOX)Wolf Dae Legend

login failed, check your info this has been 2 days now for me what is going on? I contact Microsoft they say its all on Digital Extremes problem. i have attemped to contact them with no luch what so ever. I have not seen them respond to any of these treads with the same issues.

Yup, there not posting on forums, the only place there posting info is on there twitter account and it's not very helpful(that they know xbox live has no issues and there trying to resolve things on there end or something like that) no time frame or any other useful info...

I went from playing Battlefield 4 to Far Cry 4 (co op with my friend) then when we went to Warframe the login info thing happened. When do you think DE will give us a response cause they are in Canada and I am too and they should be up and give us a response by now.

You'd think that we would have heard something more by now; I agree.We're all in the same pool right now, waiting eagerly for someone to give us the go-ahead. 

As for us being in Canada, that doesn't seem to matter much. Updates are usually noted on the twitter page, I just refuse to use Twitter. Lol.

Not to be a a,, but how long can it take to fix a log in error come on

Depending on what the error is, it could actually take some time. I own my own little website geared toward gaming, comics, anime, and just other nerdy stuff.. But when we have issues with the user database; there are a lot of variables to consider. You can't just tackle a specific problem with a broad solution, you could end up creating a lot more chaos than needed. I could be way off of the mark here, but all I can think of the issue being is a user database issue for the XB1 servers. Login and everything happens perfectly over the website, but the console bridge is where the problems persist.

My first post to the forum. I came here just to say this:

So basically, the reason why login has been down for so long (nearly 24 hours now) is because people from DE didn't come in to work on a Sunday to resolve the issue. I can't help but think that if this problem started during a regular weekday and their normal work hours, that it would have been resolved long ago. Instead, there's about an 8 hour wait until Xbox Live connectivity issues are resolved and that's ruled out, basically confirming it's a problem on DE's end. That was nearly 12 hours ago now. Did anyone get called in to take care of it overnight so everything was up and running for people who woke up and wanted to play in the morning?

Clearly not.

Sadly this is such a common occurrence in online games, and not limited to DE. If you're providing a service that people use for recreation 24 hours a day, you need to be prepared to put out fires and solve these kinds of problems 24 hours a day. When are these problems most likely to occur? During prime user times, on holidays, in the evenings, and over the weekend. The same times that game developers and tech employees would like to be at home relaxing, I know. It sucks that people have to (or should have to) keep weird hours to keep customers happy. But the alternative is you have thousands of unhappy customers who can't use your service for hours on end, with an endless amount of other games competing for our time and money.

Not to worry though, you guys will just hand out some free boosters when everyone is awake and well rested, and that'll solve everything, right?

Or at least until the next time there's a big outage when its inconvenient for employees to go into crisis mode.

Really, so a 3 day affinity booster is supposed to placate me for my 2x resource boosters that I got under 24hr usage out of?  Really?  I am glad I have not spent any REAL cash on this game, really unimpressed as a new player.  You guys should really vote with your wallets to make DE listen.  Seriously not impressed unless equivalent comp is given out. 

Really, so a 3 day affinity booster is supposed to placate me for my 2x resource boosters that I got under 24hr usage out of?  Really?  I am glad I have not spent any REAL cash on this game, really unimpressed as a new player.  You guys should really vote with your wallets to make DE listen.  Seriously not impressed unless equivalent comp is given out.

I had a credit and two resource boosters I NEVER buy affinity boosters because they suck and I don't need or want them

day 2 of this problem. I'm really thinking WF got hacked and as we speak some hackers are getting our Credit card info for those who actually put it in. then again could just be a hunch and we are all safe hard to tell now a days but Xbox insists we use a credit card on our accounts if we want to use Xbox point cards

I seriously doubt it's hackers, don't be so paranoid :P