The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Vs Prime

(PSN)ozgurozacik

When you were told this that they would be better the game was very new and plain but now everything that is exclusive to founders are getting surpassed. First it was the obvious Lato Prime but recently it was the Skana Prime and the last one left to get surpassed is Excal Prime.

Edit: I'm sure you have noticed this pattern by now

I honestly don't see why you keep on talking about Founders; Founders' gear has nothing to do with this, which is a thread about the connection between Prime in general and Umbra in general.

Seriously, I may be wrong, but it really seems like you're desperately trying to find a salty founder to argue with you in order to claim all founders are whining children.

We were told nothing, we just got Prime items that were supposed to be an upgrade to their own standard version, which they were and still are, they have been not surpassed by anything; if you're comparing Skana Prime to Scindo Prime and expecting it to be better just because first is part of the founders' gear you're just failing to compare stuff, as do many founders.

Also, Prisma Skana is definitely not surpassing Skana Prime, it's just different: they're both a direct upgrade to Skana, but they're not related to each other; someone may find Prisma better, others could find Prime best.

I don't see any pattern, new things that are introduced are better/equal/worst than previous items, unless we're talking about newer versions of the same items, which are usually an upgrade to the standard version.

Prime gear is a direct upgrade to standard counterparts, period, which is currently valid for both founders' non founders' gears.

Umbra gear will be something totally new to Warframe and this doesn't mean necessarely it has to be better than Prime; it may well be, depending on what's the meaning of Umbra, which is currently unknown.

Or it may well be just different as well, or even worst; Umbra currently means nothing to us until DE explain us the reasons why we're getting this gear and how it does fit the lore.

The newer=better augment is based on nothing: Latron Prime was released in U8, while Latron Wraith was released in U14.5; does it mean Latron Wraith is automatically better than Prime just because it was released after? Not really, they're just different, some may find best the Wraith, others the Prime.

But when comparing Prime to standard items the difference is clear and Prime stuff is always better.

And really, please stop to bring the founders issue in, Umbra gear will cover many items, not only Excalibur, so there's no reason to keep on trying to seek for pissed off founders.

Edited by siralextraffo

I honestly don't see why you keep on talking about Founders; Founders' gear has nothing to do with this, which is a thread about the connection between Prime in general and Umbra in general.

Seriously, I may be wrong, but it really seems like you're desperately trying to find a salty founder to argue with you in order to claim all founders are whining children.

We were told nothing, we just got Prime items that were supposed to be an upgrade to their own standard version, which they were and still are, they have been not surpassed by anything; if you're comparing Skana Prime to Scindo Prime and expecting it to be better just because first is part of the founders' gear you're just failing to compare stuff, as do many founders.

Also, Prisma Skana is definitely not surpassing Skana Prime, it's just different: they're both a direct upgrade to Skana, but they're not related to each other; someone may find Prisma better, others could find Prime best.

I don't see any pattern, new things that are introduced are better/equal/worst than previous items, unless we're talking about newer versions of the same items, which are usually an upgrade to the standard version.

Prime gear is a direct upgrade to standard counterparts, period, which is currently valid for both founders' non founders' gears.

Umbra gear will be something totally new to Warframe and this doesn't mean necessarely it has to be better than Prime; it may well be, depending on what's the meaning of Umbra, which is currently unknown.

Or it may well be just different as well, or even worst; Umbra currently means nothing to us until DE explain us the reasons why we're getting this gear and how it does fit the lore.

The newer=better augment is based on nothing: Latron Prime was released in U8, while Latron Wraith was released in U14.5; does it mean Latron Wraith is automatically better than Prime just because it was released after? Not really, they're just different, some may find best the Wraith, others the Prime.

But when comparing Prime to standard items the difference is clear and Prime stuff is always better.

And really, please stop to bring the founders issue in, Umbra gear will cover many items, not only Excalibur, so there's no reason to keep on trying to seek for pissed off founders.

man that's a lot lol also why would I try to look for a salty founder to make a claim? It seems to me that you are a bit mad about Umbra being a Warframe and having to choose it over Excal Prime and ever since I proved he was a frame you've been trying to make it seem as if it's not going to happen

man that's a lot lol also why would I try to look for a salty founder to make a claim? It seems to me that you are a bit mad about Umbra being a Warframe and having to choose it over Excal Prime and ever since I proved he was a frame you've been trying to make it seem as if it's not going to happen

Luckily, I have made enough posts about the matter since the original megathread to be able now to just tell you to go back and read them. :)

Though I have a preference, I never, even once, shown myself mad at this whole Umbra gear issue.

As said tons of times, I'm an excalibur fanboy so the more the better, don't care how.

And all I ever did on the skin VS frame question was to just clarify we don't know yet, as it was for many other aspects of this matter.

Why should I say that it's either a skin or a frame if I don't really know since it has not been confirmed yet? Both claims would be nonsense and speculation.

I think you might be confusing him with another poster here.

I'd really like to keep founder vs non-founder beef out of here to keep it from being locked. This is the most I've been able to discuss this topic without a lock, which increases our chances of recognition from the developers. 

Let's try to stay on topic of Umbra vs Prime. 

I hope that Umbras are the equivalent of the "corrupted mods" of warframes.

Make some of their stats drastically better than their prime counter parts but make some of the other stats drasitcally worse, for example make Frost Umbra's Strength stat 50% higher but his Duration stat 50% lower than it currently is (more damage on all of his abilities and increased health for snow globe, but much less duration so enemies are frozen for only a fraction of the time).

However I don't want all of my time farming for primes to be worthless, so I also hope that the other Umbras are just cosmetic skins (Doubt that's happening though)

I think you might be confusing him with another poster here.

I'd really like to keep founder vs non-founder beef out of here to keep it from being locked. This is the most I've been able to discuss this topic without a lock, which increases our chances of recognition from the developers. 

Let's try to stay on topic of Umbra vs Prime.

How do I have him confused with another poster?

To my mind, umbras need to be different or what's the point, might as well just make them skins? They don't need to be better but need something to set them apart from both regulars and primes.

Hoping they will be tied to the sentients in some way, maybe having interactions with a sentinal tileset the same way primes interact with the void one.

i just hope umbra will be excal only, and DE stop reskinning frames to add the grind.

what's next? Excalibur Walmart? Excalibur 7-11?

i'd rather have DE spend their time on new content or fixing bugs.. or maybe remodeling old primes like excal or frost. :/

i just hope umbra will be excal only, and DE stop reskinning frames to add the grind.

what's next? Excalibur Walmart? Excalibur 7-11?

i'd rather have DE spend their time on new content or fixing bugs.. or maybe remodeling old primes like excal or frost. :/

They said that it will be a Limited series so Expect more umbra

• 3 months later...