The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Skin Idea: Odin's Son / Thor

Pulsar07

So since I believe they mentioned in the devstream that every warframe will get their own unique skin, just like Excalibur's Proto armor skin, I thought I'd give it a shot to "design" one for Volt. So, what do you guys and girls think?

Volt - Odin's Son / Thor

-Original drawings have been removed, after someone mentioned the fact that a certain symbol might be offensive to some people (see the Norse symbol for Thunder)-

Updated version:

I'm probably going to add colours, at some point FWZXwOo.jpg?1 Thanks for the suggestions so far! :D

After taking a look at the designs for the new Rhino, Saryn and Trinity skins, I decided that it's okay if Volt now looks like a very different warframe, as long as he retains some of his "parts" that make him look like the electric warframe we all know and love (well, most of us, at least), and I hope that I succeeded in that.
(pun alert) So prepare for this Shockingly new drawing! (which really isn't that much different)

a colored version could be made... some day... gzXhtCp.jpg?1 Again, thanks for the support, more suggestions are always welcome. :)

Edited by Soulflame07

I am going to point it out now before someone else does, take a closer look at the thundercross and maybe redesign it before people make comparisons

Also, the basic concept is interesting but something larger and more detailed would be better. The basic concept seems interesting but not fleshed out

Edited by Surtur

I am going to point it out now before someone else does, take a closer look at the thundercross and maybe redesign it before people make comparisons

Also, the basic concept is interesting but something larger and more detailed would be better. The basic concept seems interesting but not fleshed out

I can see what you mean, I looked up the symbols ( http://symboldictionary.net/?page_id=703 ), and even though it's not meant as offensive, it can indeed be interpreted as such ( http://symboldictionary.net/?p=836 ).

This looks more like a different frame but the design not bad. There are a lot better artist everywhere but that not mean you don't need to try to make concepts. I like this skin hopefully you work on it more and maybe we can see in game someday.

Thanks, and I will work on it since I was planning to add some colors later on. And it doesn't resemble volt that much, indeed, maybe I can change that a bit by implementing parts of his original design, but I don't want them to look too much alike.

Don't like it, the lightning bolts on the shoes... Really?  Cheeeeeeese.

I was going for a shocking look. :p

tT8TZdv.jpg

here it is, sorry about the sketchiness was just kinda inspired by your design

The sketchiness is fine, and I'm glad that you got inspired. :D

And I was already thinking of removing the middle 2 circles due to previously mentioned problems, so thanks to you I already got to see what it looks like without them.

I like the helmet and all the symbology, but honestly I'm not a big fan of the "trench coat" look for Volt. He has a sleek, muscular body style that I feel plays into the whole speed/electricity theme. Of course, that's just my opinion...the idea is very cool, and I'm glad that people like you are constantly bringing fresh ideas and artistic input to the game. Keep at it, I'm a sucker for cosmetics. :)

I like the helmet and all the symbology, but honestly I'm not a big fan of the "trench coat" look for Volt. He has a sleek, muscular body style that I feel plays into the whole speed/electricity theme. Of course, that's just my opinion...the idea is very cool, and I'm glad that people like you are constantly bringing fresh ideas and artistic input to the game. Keep at it, I'm a sucker for cosmetics. :)

yeah that was what drew me in too Im not a big fan of Volt Helmets so one like yours would be awesome to put on my Volt