The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unintelligent Intelligence (But An Intelligent Change.)

EternalOdyessy

I mean, think about it. A Tenno comes running at a Grineer commander, with a Scindo or a GALATINE, heck, an Atterax..and starts wailing on them. The commander would, at the time of this post..would just stand there and take it while trying to make useless pointblank shots. Wouldn't they be in pain from the slashes, impacts, and the elements placed on those weapons? Corpus even MORESO. What about the infested?...

That Grineer Commander would meet his death very soon. Instead..what should (at least, by chance) occur to him is to..

Dodge out of the way and attempt to LIVE longer.

Look at us, Tenno. What they can do the same as us, in the very least, is to know how to dodge-roll. The Grineer, to me, look very millitary-intelligent, so why don't they at least know how to dodge attacks? I think blocking might be overkill. (Especially with the current state of scaling, safe to say.) The only way Grineer can really counter our swift, totally calculated attacks is the Heavy Grineer knockdown. That's actually kinda...lame. I'll touch on that in a moment.

Why not let some of the grineer show a bit more intelligence? (Don't worry, I'll touch on the Corpus further on.) If you make a beeline sprint towards a high-ranking Lancer or Commander, they will probably, more often than lessers, know to dodge..or, in the very least, try to step out of the way or knock you away from them, to clear some distance. I've got a few specific examples in mind, to keep things fresh, so every grineer don't use the same "Twinkle Toes" dodge.

Butchers: These guys need to be more of a threat. They're by far, for me, the easiest to slay. I only remembered these guys existed because I'm aiming for the Brown color in Dojo customization, to fit the theme of my clan, a pirate ship. How about being the Grineer type foe that can not only block melee attacks, but can counter-attack. The Eximus versions would be the ones that have more of a chance to do so. Cmon, these guys walking around handling flame auras MUST know how to handle that. So block+counter? Simple. The counter damage wouldn't be much higher than their normal attacks (since they already do high damage), but it's still higher to punish wailing on butchers at least a little bit.

Elite Lancers: Elite Lancers should know, by their point in time spent in the wars..how to ROLL. It's a basic combat maneuver, so why don't these guys utilize it? They'd use this to dodge bullet and melee-fire, but..The Eximus versions will have the damage reduction bonus to it like we do. Like the previous example, Eximus units will be smarter in the use of this. I.E, dodging TOWARDS a Penta grenade on the ground. But, however..mistakes happen on the battlefield. Miscalculations can occur. Coverin' up dem glitches~

Heavy Grineer should no longer knock you down via AOE. It's too large and absurd. They should put that force behind a fist. Into your face. This will ragdoll a player, sending them flying. Any impacts with allies/enemies will ragdoll them, as well. Also, since they are...you know, "Heavy"...You won't see them do any spectacular feats for dodges. They'll sidestep in the very most, but anything else wouldn't make much sense, to me.

Drahk Masters: Oh, cool. you guys can block and summon short-living Drahks. Cool. Cool. Cool...No, no. You're too awesome of an enemy idea to pass up! I actually won't change their ability to block or disarm us, it gets my thumbs up. However, they just seem to..be there to spawn useless animals that get cut down rather easily. They don't seem to be closely communicating with the Master at all. In my idea of how they should go is that the Drahk Master spawns four Drahk, with each Drahk having a chance to be Experienced. The Drahk Master, then, would have loud and clear audible commands (cues for us) on what they'll do. If a specific player is targeted out of the squad, the Drahk will attempt to run down the player, knocking them over, or latching onto them to cause DOT Bleed, but it won't stop until the Tenno deals with them via AOE offensive skill or rolling to get them to let go. If they latch onto your back, you'll be forced to roll, if you wish to live. Some other commands could also be to retrieve Modules and Health/Energy orbs, effectively stealing them from us and hoarding it someplace or giving it to the Master. For dodges, the Drahk Master looks like they'd be capable of a few feats that are animalistic... Eximus Drahk Masters would have a guarenteed Experienced Drahk, with the other Drahk having a slightly lowered chance to be Experienced. These special biscuits would be the bigger bane of Tenno. Experienced Drahks would, by now, chomped enough tasty Tenno...to know weak points on our armor. These guys would be able to apply a "Nullify" debuff. This "Nullify" debuff lasts 15 seconds. All powers used are weakened ~60%, and, if a Drahk is latched onto you, you cannot use powers period. Normal Drahk cannot refresh the Debuff. Only bites from Experienced Drahks will. One last thing for the Drahk Masters would be that if you're pinned down, but not dead from the Drahk, the Drahk Master can try to reach you and perform a Finisher. An Eximus Drahk Master is even better at this- Being able to instantly slay the Tenno. Now, of course, they'll only enter Bleedout.

Finally, for the Grineer, we have...

Commander: From the wiki..."They have the ability to Switch Teleport a targeted player; often, a Commander will teleport the player into the middle of a group of Grineer, causing some disorientation in the process. Unlike Loki's ability, a Commander's switch teleport can work through walls and doors, and has a slightly longer stun."

...Why? How do they have THIS ability? This never made sense to me. They are not wizards. Also, this actually conflicts with the lore if you think about it. Aren't all Grineer copies? So why don't ALL Grineer have SOME versions of this? They don't. So, why? A-and...according to the Wiki..they're BETTER at it than LOKI?! NO. NOT A SINGLE GRINEER SHOULD BE BETTER AT THIS THAN LOKI. NO.

Here's what I say should be done to replace this.

Commanders, instead, give Morale to surrounding allies. Faster attack speed and Fire Rate, Reload Times, and better ability to keep those Lancers in formation and box Tenno in. Commanders must have had more time in combat than Elite Lancers..these guys know when to dodge, stun a Tenno by beating them with their gun, and even tell other Grineer to get down if a Tenno with explosive weapons are near. If a Tenno uses an Ultimate skill, Commanders should try to make his allies retreat. Cmon, he wouldn't leave his allies to be killed via hentai tentacles, sliced in half by blades made of light... THIS makes more sense and doesn't break the lore. Also, they won't be flipping wizards. I get it, yes, their hat IS funny. But it's not pointy. They need to be more nerdy before I give them that honor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Corpus ideas will be here in a bit. I sat here for two hours as I thought of what could make the Grineer. Don't worry, you greedy bastards. You'll get a bit love too.~ Just need a break, first.

Edited by DampEternalSoul

Commanders should switch-teleport another tenno if you're meleeing them.

Butchers should blink away if they're taking a killing melee blow (once, non-recharging, don't need another f'ing manic).

Now if Butchers are doing the teleport, so should the Heavy Grineer! The Lancers! Heck, even Vay Hek should just start teleporting left and right!

...no. I don't approve of this teleporting thing at all. It's confusing why the Commanders have it at all, they're not DnD roleplayers! (No offense to them.~)

Butchers: These guys need to be more of a threat. They're by far, for me, the easiest to slay. I only remembered these guys existed because I'm aiming for the Brown color in Dojo customization, to fit the theme of my clan, a pirate ship. How about being the Grineer type foe that can not only block melee attacks, but can counter-attack. The Eximus versions would be the ones that have more of a chance to do so. Cmon, these guys walking around handling flame auras MUST know how to handle that. So block+counter? Simple. The counter damage wouldn't be much higher than their normal attacks (since they already do high damage), but it's still higher to punish wailing on butchers at least a little bit.

I actually think Butchers should be the opposite -- they should have the ability to deflect bullets, encouraging you to engage them in melee for an epic 1v1 duel.

How do they have THIS ability? This never made sense to me. They are not wizards. Also, this actually conflicts with the lore if you think about it. Aren't all Grineer copies? So why don't ALL Grineer have SOME versions of this? They don't. So, why? A-and...according to the Wiki..they're BETTER at it than LOKI?! NO. NOT A SINGLE GRINEER SHOULD BE BETTER AT THIS THAN LOKI. NO.

Chill. It's probably just tech, it's not that hard to believe. If you want to take things this literally, what about every Eximus unit? Theoretically they have moving Snow Globes and bigger Fire Blasts, soooo.... yeah. Grineer tech.

I actually think Butchers should be the opposite -- they should have the ability to deflect bullets, encouraging you to engage them in melee for an epic 1v1 duel.

Chill. It's probably just tech, it's not that hard to believe. If you want to take things this literally, what about every Eximus unit? Theoretically they have moving Snow Globes and bigger Fire Blasts, soooo.... yeah. Grineer tech.

I think Grineer shouldn't have those auras. If the stamina system was still around, they should have had a exclusive "Stamina Drain" eximus type. Leave the more flashy ones to the Corpus.

Also, I see your point about the Butchers....I'll think on it.