The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seperated Trade Chats

Freakstyler3

The trade chat is getting out of hand, i'm not the only one that thinks this but something has to be done about the trade chat because it's so flooded you can't even read your own message for errors after you have sent it because it gets buried under dozens of messages. this is a problem which will drastically increase overtime as more and more people join the game.

So here is my idea, what if we add different trade chats for different categories such as: Prisma, mods, frames, weapons

this way the chat will be separated in all these categories which will make them a lot more viable because now everyone that needs mods doesn't have to listen to the other items being sold. on the other hand this will make it more difficult for merchants to sell their goods so a solution for that would be to allow to send messages like e.g."WTS [1]Corrosive Projection [2] mag prime set [3]Prisma Dual Cleavers"

the numbers in between bracket suggest which trade chat (or tab) the message from the closing bracket till a new opening tab should be sent. and the "WTS" at the beginning going to all trade chats because it is not assigned to anything specific, this can all be done by the game client.

then to make sure DEcasualbot only has to check if the item in the trade chat is in the right chat.

All I want is to have WTS and WTB separated.

You could always post WTS/WTT or WTB/WTT if you don't trade for Platinum only.

Chat market is so wild I sometimes wish for a trading house instead.

trading house would be best answer since if you separate chats it will end up so that most ppl will be just ignored and that certain chat wont be looked by anyone

trading house would be best answer since if you separate chats it will end up so that most ppl will be just ignored and that certain chat wont be looked by anyone

I think the Problem with a trading house/ action kinda type thing is that the prices would drop so low that that you can get your frost prime set for 20p because this makes it so easy that everyone does it and don't need to invest time in it, everyday so many parts are found that we could theoretically hook everyone up for free so by making a auction house everyone just wants their things sold and the ones above the average will never loose their wares.

I think the Problem with a trading house/ action kinda type thing is that the prices would drop so low that that you can get your frost prime set for 20p because this makes it so easy that everyone does it and don't need to invest time in it, everyday so many parts are found that we could theoretically hook everyone up for free so by making a auction house everyone just wants their things sold and the ones above the average will never loose their wares.

still better than being ignored for rest of your life when trying to sell or buy stuff

i vote for 2 trade chat tabs, one for Selling and the other for buying.

so if you want to sell something you post it at selling tab and at same time you go to buying tab to see if someone asking for it, and vice versa for if you need to buy something

People keep saying this without realizing that we already have in game what we need to keep prices from reaching rock bottom with everything.

RNG.

RNG ensures rare items stay rare (four riders anyone?) and that their value is high.

All a trading board would do would normalize prices so those less market savvy will know if someones trying to rip them off or not.

Plus people selling low low low are doing fire sales which of course are a limited time, and prices normalize after that.

As for frost sets selling for 20p? that's actually funny considering it's not available to farm, this ensures that prices will stay high/consistent.