Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Done With The Online-Mode

Pave

That is just to show how fast it is to kill the highest lv boss. You dont even need to use that tactic. Loki/Ash/Trinity with Invisibility/Invincibility abilities can do the job quite well. Oh and BOAR is the best. Also stop ur butthurt.

Lol, why should I be butthurt over your ego and failure to showcase skill?

I know I'll be able to do just what you did, only in a fair face off with the boss, when I get the mods I need.

So you basically just showed how to exploit kill Ambulas, not to mention you probably abused it.

Can we get an Admin here and ban your sorry &#!?

I fail to see how shooting the boss from outside of it's trigger range is any different than doing this

stop being a whiney little *@##$, it doesn't reflect well on you.

Hyena and Lech Kril are pretty infamous for their damage absorbing skills. You should remember that not everyone has high rank mods. Also, not everyone has a rank 30 frame. Indeed, I first killed all bosses but Ambulas and Lech Kril at under rank 30, with under rank 30 weapons.

Lech Kril lol. Can be killed in under a minute with a lv15 Ash/Loki warframe. Any bronco/shotgun user with full ammo will also kill it with ease using cover due to him using that crappy gorgon and it's slow startup.

I fail to see how shooting the boss from outside of it's trigger range is any different than doing this

stop being a whiney little $#*(@, it doesn't reflect well on you.

What he was doing wasn't shooting the boss outside his trigger range, but from a platform where the AI can't register the player.

I already asked, why should I be butthurt over his(and yours, fully upgraded Rhino poping iron skin on a lv24 boss) failure to showcase skill and over inflated ego?

It just strikes rather odd that the only way of playing this game "correct" is play this game like single-player game, because the only way of playing right in co-op-mode / online is to play only for themselves, like playing any other single-player-game.

Makes you wonder if the co-op-feature simply is a tact-on multiplayer-mode required by non-existing publisher or "by popular demand / trend", just like happening with various games, such which happened with Spec Ops: The Line.

Then again, (old) Dark Sector was meant to be single-player game originally, ála what most of exploration-heavy-games like Tomb Raider and Banjo-Kazooie used to be...

Let's get to the main problem again, which is the griefable issue called cash denial by rushers.

Or are people honestly supporting a co-op game being as untastefully griefer-friendly as possible?..

Or are you simply trying to say that players in "god-mode" are allowed to screw up as many other players as possible?..

What he was doing wasn't shooting the boss outside his trigger range, but from a platform where the AI can't register the player.

I already asked, why should I be butthurt over his(and yours, fully upgraded Rhino poping iron skin on a lv24 boss) failure to showcase skill and over inflated ego?

Umad bro? For the amount of rage you're showing here on the interwebs I have to assume that you must get picked on a lot at school. Careful kiddo, you're going to develop some serious issues if you don't learn to take a chill pill now and again.

By the way, that iron skin was used for the purpose of the video, which was originally made to showcase the difference between a gorgon and a boltor on heavily armored bosses to prove my point to someone that the boltor was not as effective as the gorgon. being knocked down could leave doubt on which one had higher dps- iron skin alleviates that issue.

It just strikes rather odd that the only way of playing this game "correct" is play this game like single-player game, because the only way of playing right in co-op-mode / online is to play only for themselves, like playing any other single-player-game.

Makes you wonder if the co-op-feature simply is a tact-on multiplayer-mode required by non-existing publisher or "by popular demand / trend", just like happening with various games, such which happened with Spec Ops: The Line.

Then again, (old) Dark Sector was meant to be single-player game originally, ála what most of exploration-heavy-games like Tomb Raider and Banjo-Kazooie used to be...

Let's get to the main problem again, which is the griefable issue called cash denial by rushers.

Or are people honestly supporting a co-op game being as untastefully griefer-friendly as possible?..

Or are you simply trying to say that players in "god-mode" are allowed to screw up as many other players as possible?..

solutions to all of these have already been offerered. Less QQ more PEW PEW Plox.

Use cheats and hurt other players alongside, until you get banned.

Or go even faster and complain the game is boring / there's nothing to do / grindfest.

Going fast is cheating now?

If you're farming frame BPs and such all that matters is killing the boss/reaching mission end anyways. If you're lollygagging in the back in such missions don't complain that people won't stay behind to open lockers and break barrels with you.

So many of you people indeed are saying that players that haven't reached the "power-god-mode" are simpply allowed to be denied the cash-reward they themselves hard-worked-for (even topping most of spots on the performance-report), just because some players didn't bother care the whole team was able to get into extraction point in time, mainly due one or more players getting swarmed by impassable mobs + obstacles the rushers triggered?

And I though Heroes of Newerth used to have the worst kind of mechanics to simply allow players to deny other players play the game, since other players didn't players to play the game...

Co-op PvE game indeed Warframe is...Maybe we should just remove all the online + co-op-features, thus making it true single-player-game and call this game as "Warframes of The Dark Sector" and call it day, eh?

Edited by Pave

So many of you people indeed are saying that players that haven't reached the "power-god-mode" are simpply allowed to be denied the cash-reward they themselves hard-worked-for (even topping most of spots on the performance-report), just because some players didn't bother care the whole team was able to get into extraction point in time, mainly due one or more players getting swarmed by impassable mobs + obstacles the rushers triggered?

And I though Heroes of Newerth used to have the worst kind of mechanics to simply allow players to deny other players play the game, since other players didn't players to play the game...

Co-op PvE game indeed Warframe is...Maybe we should just remove all the online + co-op-features, thus making it true single-player-game and call this game as "Warframes of The Dark Sector" and call it day, eh?

I wasn't aware god-mode was needed to make friends with people of similar playstyles to play with in private mode where you won't be bothered by those who play in a manner you dislike. (whether it's rushers you hate, or slow-pokes you hate- doesn't matter- this applies to both.)

In all seriousness, if this is such an issue, make or join a clan that's against rushing, promote your playstyle, help newer players and teach them the benefits of your method (whatever it is).

QQing on the forums about this really will do very little other than make you look like a whiney little *@##$. Seriously. DE's done quite a lot to help reduce the negative effects of rushers on non-rushers. I suspect the removal of credit rewards for those failing to make it to extraction was put in place to help address the issue of people who join missions and immediately go AFK. Should they perhaps implement an afk-kicker? Sure- but really- it takes 50% of the team to start extraction- really now... i think things are plenty fair and at some point- you have to realize that not everything will be done for you- you can actively take measures to change your situation for the better and alleviate this problem you've taken issue with. The tools to do so are at your disposal.

Hi. Im a rusher myself. I only play private-solo games when i rush.

If im playing online i try to adjust my pace to those with me. If they are being TOO slow, get lost or fall too far behind for no apparent reason, i usually simply disconnect.

That is, unless some rewards happened to be lying around. Then i will wait for them, try to help them out with waypoints, or maybe even go as far as returning to their position and showing them the way.

Okie dokie, I'm just gonna gorge on all these extra mods and crafting mats the mobs the rushers left behind for me to handle...sure, I don't mind that I just got +10K credits denied. Please, it's not like I do need credits to craft and fuse all these mods I just got...

What's that? Do keep hearing people simply ignore the issue and just use workarounds, because otherwise instead of having all players being happy, only the portion of players should be happy while others are "QQing"? Oh-ho-ho, silly me; I tend to forget that making valid complains of issues even devs have acknowledged is called "hating on specific type of players"...

Haters gonna hate; too bad I don't hate people who accuse me of hating; they just do this for the sake of enforcing hating.

I don't consider PUG-rushers as my enemies; they're just a great annoyance. And since they have the tools to simply enforce their annoyance to hurt other players, it's simply hurting the game.

Also, many seems have extremely vague idea of what people called "friends" are, so it's to be believed that everyone saying "make some friends" have no idea what they're saying...so of course they might be using this fabulous artifact called "Friend Magnet", which makes then even more clueless about friendship, because they most likely won't bother studying this artifact they posses...

"Learn to make friends..."

Do you even live?

Edited by Pave

Okie dokie, I'm just gonna gorge on all these extra mods and crafting mats the mobs the rushers left behind for me to handle...sure, I don't mind that I just got +10K credits denied. Please, it's not like I do need credits to craft and fuse all these mods I just got...

What's that? Do keep hearing people simply ignore the issue and just use workarounds, because otherwise instead of having all players being happy, only the portion of players should be happy while others are "QQing"? Oh-ho-ho, silly me; I tend to forget that making valid complains of issues even devs have acknowledged is called "hating on specific type of players"...

Haters gonna hate; too bad I don't hate people who accuse me of hating; they just do this for the sake of enforcing hating.

I don't consider PUG-rushers as my enemies; they're just a great annoyance. And since they have the tools to simply enforce their annoyance to hurt other players, it's simply hurting the game.

Also, many seems have extremely vague idea of what people called "friends" are, so it's to be believed that everyone saying "make some friends" have no idea what they're saying...so of course they might be using this fabulous artifact called "Friend Magnet", which makes then even more clueless about friendship, because they most likely won't bother studying this artifact they posses...

Do you even live?

At this point you're just making a fool of yourself. By all means, please continue. =)

Pave, on 27 May 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:

Do you even live?

No one cares.

just go play solo, you fixed your own problem.

you don't need to preach any more.

you play your game, the rest of us will play our warframe, okay? C:

Why don't we simply add a time-limit for Solo + Private-modes too? Within specifically decided time limit defined by the size of the map and the mission-type, if you aren't able to complete the mission and get to the extraction within this set timit limit, Tenno loses & gets nothing. Maximun timi lmit is 30-minutes, while minimun is 10.

Consider this a warning, all ye who read this far.

If you don't like the thread move on. If you can't say anything useful move on. 

Protip: this is where you lock the thread

Sincerely, the guy that's been adminning since before you were born. (That's a scary thought by the way, I'm getting old =( )

Yeah, if you're fighting non-shielded bosses under lvl-20 with super-modded-Gorgon, that is.

Here's a list of bosses, since you apparently have been only facing Toxic Ancients or Captain Vor as assassination-targets.

I've soloed every boss in the game.

Hell, people have even solo taken down jackals shield as volt.  There's a video, I'll try to find it for you.  That's very specific though.  Jackal's annoying. Not at all impossible, just annoying.

People just need to accept that other people play differently.

You complain about people rushing.  The rushers complain about you wasting their time killing absolutely every single enemy when all they wanted to do was kill the boss repeatedly for parts.  Neither side is wrong.  If you play online there will be people who play in ways you may not agree with.  The two person triggering a countdown is necessary to prevent one jackhole from $&*^ing around for 20 minutes while the other players wait.

I personally don't see why you don't get credits if you aren't physically present.  If you were awarded  credits regardless of being at extraction, that would solve the only legit complaint I can think of.

Edited by therundown

if you haven't forgotten, you choose the company you're with

you can't complain about random unknown variables

what you can blame though is yourself for getting frustrated with them

like what everyone else said, find group of guys with common interest whether it be here on the forums or in the in-game chat

don't need to complain when you can take action

One important phrase:

"You can't always choose your partners / friends"

If you haven't read or heard of this before, now you know.

Not to metnion the above is to address the derailment of the original issue, which I shall wrench from iron wire now (in English, I'm gonna elaborate in as simply in English as possible):

Imagine a job, which would consist of cells. Each cell has two workers, in this example. Each of these workers are raffled each day / for each project, so it's very likely that these two workers don't know each other beforehand.

If both of these workers are honest workers, who work the full day and do all the assigned work and all the required post-work, no problems and everyone wins.

The problem arises when the other worker is fraudulent / dishonest and skips all the post-work-assigments, which are capitally punished if they aren't done (this is in an example society where citizens have to contribute for the greater good, or simply be eliminated thus preventing the further unnessary consumption of resources). The dishonest worker simply does this, because nothing stops the citizen form doing this, in this example.

Since the honest worker doesn't want to risk of being lynched, the honest worker enters into crunch time-mode to finish the post-work-assigments.

Here's the biggest problem: The dishonest worker gets all the credits and most likely even some extra, while the honest worker gets simply nothing of worth, aside of course not being lynched and be ready to work on another project.

No sane worker would be working in a such working place as described above, if they would be given a chance to choose.

Even people under slavery are under strict dicipline if they'd try to reach for low-hanging fruits instead getting the first-grade fruits atop the trees. Or any other unfree labour, on the further note.

It's no use to deny this problem, because it can, and does happen from time to even with well pre-organized groups: All what needs to happen is a single game breaking bug and only one player of the team gets the credits (since in group of four, two of them got disconnected due failure within internet connected, and the second remaining person got stuck within map in one of the numerous colorful ways mentioned all around these forums, in this example).

**This is not a problem of just an individual type of players, it's a deal breaking problem for all the players, who'd like to play Warframe.

And only developers of the game can fix this; not players of Warframe with flimsy workarounds.

This whole thread isn't meant to complain about players and their playstyles. but about the issue that arises more often due specific types of players. And this issue needs to go, not the players.**

Gentletenno,

Your concerns have been heard and will be brought to attention. Since the general atmosphere stopped being constructive and the two camps are flinging poo, I'll need to lock this. It's really simple. Be civil, be constructive, enjoy a discussion/debate. Don't and we'll have to bring order to chaos.

Cheers, guys.