The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frosts Killing Everything And Everything

Twistedsparkle

That you are an Ash Player (I guess Ash Prime) makes actually really a difference, because he is imho a bit overtuned too, so I guess Frost are not such a problem for you as an Ash because you have more time to kill before you hit the ground.

Nah, Frosts are usually not a problem because I usually use high damage weapons, like the Tigris and Daikyu...

Umm...and don't you mean Zephyr, since Zephyrs are the ones that can stay in air for longer than other frames?

Mag's bullet attraction goes straight through snowglobe.

Mag's Bullet Attractor has been nerfed to the point where you're not getting a kill unless they are standing still for you in the open or you can follow a moving target that has no cover. The bubble is less than half the size of Frost's Globe, which means bullets won't hit the Attractor in the first place.

Nah, Frosts are usually not a problem because I usually use high damage weapons, like the Tigris and Daikyu...

Umm...and don't you mean Zephyr, since Zephyrs are the ones that can stay in air for longer than other frames?

Imagine you play Excal who has ~30% less ehp - so your chances to kill a Frost are ~30% lower because you dont have as much time to fight as an Ash Prime. Thatswhy I mean its easier to kill a Frost with an Ash Prime.

With "before you hit the ground" I mean "dead", so no, no Zephyr. :)

Imagine you play Excal who has ~30% less ehp - so your chances to kill a Frost are ~30% lower because you dont have as much time to fight as an Ash Prime. Thatswhy I mean its easier to kill a Frost with an Ash Prime.

With "before you hit the ground" I mean "dead", so no, no Zephyr. :)

Oooh, gotcha.

Well...if you're just going by the numbers where you're shooting someone while they're shooting you, I guess you're right. Kinda. Cuz that also largely depends on if there are others in that fight and who gets the first shot...and what weapons are being used.

I haven't recorded the fights I've been in, but I'd estimate that most of the times I win are results primarily from good shooting, and good predictions on how the frost is fighting. Most every frame has something that can counter a frost, as well as various good weapons. I'm pretty sure a scoped vectis with that mod will always 1 shot headshot or 2 shot body shot a Frost.

And what does Excal, Rhino for example to counter Frost's skills? Yes, they cant do anything against his bubble beside shotting at it with a gun or trying to melee jump attack on a Frost while hoping for luck?

You're not serious are you?  Radial blind.  It blinds and staggers and lets you can in some easy shots.  Also, the best counter to snow globe is just popping in and shooting the frost just long enough that the slow doesn't effect you and then bullet jumping out.  Rinse and repeat til you've killed him.

Rhino charge and and rhino stomp allow for easy kills on a frost in a snow globe too.

You're not serious are you?  Radial blind.  It blinds and staggers and lets you can in some easy shots.  Also, the best counter to snow globe is just popping in and shooting the frost just long enough that the slow doesn't effect you and then bullet jumping out.  Rinse and repeat til you've killed him.

Rhino charge and and rhino stomp allow for easy kills on a frost in a snow globe too.

Radial Blind isnt a valid option to kill a Frost in his bubble - because its staggers him for like... 0.5s? The blind itself is not effective enough to irritate someone. That you can popping in to shot him is obviously true but connected with high risk. The point is that someone have said that every frame has the ability to counter his globe - which isnt true at all.

Rhinos charge is maybe really an option - but dont argue with his ult, because it costs 100 energy.

^ So, what can a Frost do against an Exalt Blade Excalibur? What counters Exalt Blade? It doesn't even cost 100 energy per cast. 

Excalibur OP confirmed. /s

No, you just have to run away from him for... 3s, than its over, similar to the moment when a Valk is starting her Hysteria.

I just dont even know what you are trying to say with your sarcasm...

The point is that there are some Frames who cant do much against the globe, besides ultimates, lucky attacks in the inner of the bubble and just searching a now target for this time, next to his insane EHP's without a real drawback and his anti-melee passive.

It's kinda funny that before Kittag nerf you can slam outside the globe and poor frost fly right out of his own bubble.

It is true that some frame have an easier time to counter the globe and some don't.  However, it became less relevant as you can switch frames after death (although it hurt the beginner AND lower syndicate ranks).

If you want to nerf the globe, imo it should also be destroyed if another frost cast freeze on it =).

Edited by Hueminator

Radial Blind isnt a valid option to kill a Frost in his bubble - because its staggers him for like... 0.5s? The blind itself is not effective enough to irritate someone. That you can popping in to shot him is obviously true but connected with high risk. The point is that someone have said that every frame has the ability to counter his globe - which isnt true at all.

Rhinos charge is maybe really an option - but dont argue with his ult, because it costs 100 energy.

The 1-2 shot (at a minimum) lead damage wise you get with the radial blind is plenty effective.  There's not much risk at all to popping in and out.  You should be constantly moving around your opponents regardless.  The snow globe just means you can't hang around a specific area as much.

100 energy is mind numbingly easy to get now.

Edited by Aggh

No, you just have to run away from him for... 3s, than its over, similar to the moment when a Valk is starting her Hysteria.

I just dont even know what you are trying to say with your sarcasm...

And you can't "run away" from a frost standing in a snowglobe because? 

He puts a snowglobe there, you see it with your eyes, go to somewhere he can't shoot you, fight someone else, come back occasionally and shoot the snowglobe (if it bothers you so much). Profit?

It's elementary.  

The 1-2 shot (at a minimum) lead damage wise you get with the radial blind is plenty effective.  There's not much risk at all to popping in and out.  You should be constantly moving around your opponents regardless.  The snow globe just means you can't hang around a specific area as much.

100 energy is mind numbingly easy to get now.

And you can't "run away" from a frost standing in a snowglobe because? 

He puts a snowglobe there, you see it with your eyes, go to somewhere he can't shoot you, fight someone else, come back occasionally and shoot the snowglobe (if it bothers you so much). Profit?

It's elementary.  

I stated allready that you have to search another target when a Frost is turtleing in his bubble.

Im so long okay with his bubble - but the problem is, as Ive already stated too, his ehp in conjunction with his skillset and his passive. Thats just to much, simple as that.

There is a reason for the fact that so many Frosts are running around in Conclave (and dont forget Ash Prime).

Edited by Monster-T

I stated allready that you have to search another target when a Frost is turtleing in his bubble.

Im so long okay with his bubble - but the problem is, as Ive already stated too, his ehp in conjunction with his skillset and his passive. Thats just to much, simple as that.

There is a reason for the fact that so many Frosts are running around in Conclave (and dont forget Ash Prime).

Not denying that his ehp is a problem (imo tanks in general are not effectively balanced atm) but snow globe isn't huge problem with frost atm imo.

Not denying that his ehp is a problem (imo tanks in general are not effectively balanced atm) but snow globe isn't huge problem with frost atm imo.

This argument is a bit ambivalent - how can a protective skill of the most tanky frame dont bother you? But yes, I guess I know what you mean; if Frost's ehp would be more in a line with the other frames his globe wouldnt be much of a problem.

Edited by Monster-T

Globe is incredibly easy to deal with for just one reason - player perspective. You can take cover, and as long as you can see the edge of the globe, you can burst it down without having to worry about the Frost shooting you back. Its size is a limitation.

As I said before, it's his EHP that's the problem, and just to illustrate that point... Frost Prime is the only frame that won't get 1-shot by a fully charged Opticor (body shot). A weapon that is meant to 1-shot can't burst down that fattie.

Frost prime is Outrageous, his stats as his abilities are embarassing for being that strong . He needs a really huge nerf:

My main frame is Ash P and my main weapons are Dragon Nikana and Daikyu:

Bladestorm just remove his fullshield, nothing more, If he has like two HP, you can be killed.

A close range daikyu' shot leave it whit enough Hp to survive two shurikens and you need three dragon nikana's hits to kill him, most of the time I get frozen by his passive while pressing "E" for the second time and I get spray with Braton Prime ( another gun which need a nerf as soon as possible because it's unbelivable and embarassing too ). 

And there are still people complaining about ash prime, I really don't know why

Well why do you use ash prime? maybe cause if they nerf frost ash will be the next best thing by quite a bit. I agree with nerfing but a really huge nerf normally just makes stuff unusable. Im sure the devs are working on frost to develop a reasonable nerf.

Because is my favourite warframe and suits my game play style, and the normal version is not good due to his abilities. Btw Ash Prime has defense/flee abilities, Frost  has got crowd control and damage abilities which make him OP. And there are more usefull frame better than Ash in my opinion, and regular Ash is far from being good as normal frost

two words, Passive ----- Ult

his passive is really a spit in the face, why should he be better than any other frame? i know the slow effect isn`t that much, but it does make a difference, especially with heavy weapons

and his ult, the freeze is goddamn outrageous, just freeze everyone, use an auto primary/secondary and wreck the S#&$ out of everyone, awkward