Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exit Time On Pvp And Glaive Nerf

Impulse_Nine

Would like to make a vote of support for the idea of allowing us to quit at the post-match results screen rather than having to wait to load to the next lobby. A small but unnecessary step taken every match can get quite annoying.

Also I dont know if its intended but I'm getting 1-shotted by channeled thrown glaives. They seem to be notably more effective at range than some rifles, and have the added bonus of being very effective in close combat as well. DE seems to dislike 1-shots in PvP (see the history of Warframe Ultimate in PvP) and I know I certainly don't like them either so I'm confident asking them to be (mildly) nerfed.

Also since when did Saryns ultimate deal a toxin proc? That just me? I found that very confusing, surely it would be a blast of corrosion and a long stagger as similar to its behavior in PvE?

Would like to make a vote of support for the idea of allowing us to quit at the post-match results screen rather than having to wait to load to the next lobby. A small but unnecessary step taken every match can get quite annoying.

100% agreed.

Guest Pun-chee

Also since when did Saryns ultimate deal a toxin proc? That just me? I found that very confusing, surely it would be a blast of corrosion and a long stagger as similar to its behavior in PvE?

It doesn't show as toxin proc and I don't think it actually is "a proc", but yes it does DoT that bypasses shields. Since when? Since she's available in Conclave. If you make it out of the AoE fast enough, your HP stays at what is left, so no "actual proc". - I hope I am right here because it's just my impression of the mechanic.

Regarding Glaive, yeah some players are annoying with channeled throws. They need to tweak Glaive and I don't mean nerf the damage in general. I'd suggest a damage falloff or just higher channeling costs for all melee weapons.

Glaive cannot one-shot any frame, channeled or no channeled (except headshot). on Frost if it hits, it wont even completely take away his shields (channeled). It's already hard enough to aim with it and do good consistent damage unless you use it as a pure melee weapon with no throw, in which case someone who runs around spamming Dragon Nikanna or Jat Kittag like a lot of players will always have the advantage. It basically functions as a "sniper" melee, and I don't see people complaining about Mk1 Paris, Paris Prime, Daiku or Vectis (The best snipers in PVP right now). It's even easier to avoid now with Parkour 2.0, not to mention  the "reload" time is longer than an actual sniper like Vectis and it has a loud, distinctive sound. If it really was unbalanced, you would see almost everyone using it when most people who try it find it to hard to aim with and go back to a more conventional melee. I suggest you complain about weapons that actually are unbalanced like Vasto (80 dmg with 5.0 fire rate) or especially, Silva and Aegis (It's ridiculous fire proc). Don't just nerf something because someone beats you with it (no offense meant).

Also, Saryn's 4 always did a toxic proc in pvp, but DE should make it easier to see or have it move out from Saryn in a wave like Volt's 4.

Edited by Danfu

The channeled Glaive isn't the problem. The problem arises with Saryn using Contagion granting the glaive toxic damage (+30% toxic damage). Glaive solely one shots with an headshot otherwhise, which is hard to do. So if you just stand there and press your mouse button1, you shouldn't be surprised.

Edited by Boltwin

Glqve ojeshots when you use pre-last rank quick return and smash lmb just as your aim turned red. BANG ! You deal 2 instances of damage

Quite honestly, that's hard to pull off. I've done it a few times, but for it to work you have to make sure the Glaive will hit the target, and then get the timing for the explosion right. Not to mention the fact that if you miss the throw the enemy has a rather large window to kill you before you can execute another throw, even with Quick Return.

If you get oneshot otherwise, the enemy landed a headshot on you, in which case I deem it fair for you to die on spot since that can be very hard to pull off.

Quite honestly, that's hard to pull off. I've done it a few times, but for it to work you have to make sure the Glaive will hit the target, and then get the timing for the explosion right. Not to mention the fact that if you miss the throw the enemy has a rather large window to kill you before you can execute another throw, even with Quick Return.

If you get oneshot otherwise, the enemy landed a headshot on you, in which case I deem it fair for you to die on spot since that can be very hard to pull off.

Look's like you beat me to it, Well said.

Look's like you beat me to it, Well said.

I agree.  A thrown glaive to pull off a one-shot is fairly heavily skill-based, and I don't know many players who've spent the time and energy getting that good at it.  Of which...I only know 2.  If it takes that much skill to pull off a 1-shot or even two-shot, I think it's in a good place.

I agree.  A thrown glaive to pull off a one-shot is fairly heavily skill-based, and I don't know many players who've spent the time and energy getting that good at it.  Of which...I only know 2.  If it takes that much skill to pull off a 1-shot or even two-shot, I think it's in a good place.

I just played against a melee-only (probably Russian, judging from the name) player who didn't miss a single glaive shot on me... while I was kiting him. He kept anihilating my squad with mostly 1-hit (headshot) kills. To my surprise, Warframe doesn't have a report option for hacking. Makes sense because of the PvE focus, but oh, well...

Hacking aside, the glaive is not an easy weapon to handle and I'm fine with its current damage.

I just played against a melee-only (probably Russian, judging from the name) player who didn't miss a single glaive shot on me... while I was kiting him. He kept anihilating my squad with mostly 1-hit (headshot) kills. To my surprise, Warframe doesn't have a report option for hacking. Makes sense because of the PvE focus, but oh, well...

Hacking aside, the glaive is not an easy weapon to handle and I'm fine with its current damage.

When you said Russian, i automaticly know who he is. He is not hacking, he is just that good. He missed me alot Soo... Hacking? No. Luck? Yes.

When you said Russian, i automaticly know who he is. He is not hacking, he is just that good. He missed me alot Soo... Hacking? No. Luck? Yes.

I wouldn't be suspicious of a few headshots, but when it happens over and over again (from crazy angles/distance), then I don't buy the skilled/lucky explanation. He was either hacking or people here are incorrect about the damage of the channeled explosion. He was constantly one-shotting even the Rhino on my team...

There's also another explanation... AoE damage in Warframe has the tendency to headshot *cough* Tonkor *cough* and the Glaive in PvE has a pretty large explosion AoE. If DE only adjusted the damage stats on it without tweaking the AoE *cough* Jat Kittag *cough*, it is, potentially, an incredibly dangerous melee weapon at the moment. I'll test it when I have a bit more time.

EDIT: Removed the name of the player.

Edited by stoybot

Glaive is pretty good, even if it doesn't kill you with one shot this thing hit so hard. I was left with 38 HP after being hit, and I was using Ash P, maybe 20 more HP would be nice after being hit.

However, in the hands of a good player this weapon is great and I like this idea, is the player making the game, not the weapon itself

The name was *******, and I wouldn't be suspicious of a few headshots, but when it happens over and over again (from crazy angles/distance), then I don't buy the skilled/lucky explanation. He was either hacking or people here are incorrect about the damage of the channeled explosion. He was constantly one-shotting even the Rhino on my team...

There's also another explanation... AoE damage in Warframe has the tendency to headshot *cough* Tonkor *cough* and the Glaive in PvE has a pretty large explosion AoE. If DE only adjusted the damage stats on it without tweaking the AoE *cough* Jat Kittag *cough*, it is, potentially, an incredibly dangerous melee weapon at the moment. I'll test it when I have a bit more time.

Don't name and shame. I know this user and as i said he is not hacking. He is just that good.

Don't name and shame. I know this user and as i said he is not hacking. He is just that good.

Removed the name from my post.

Glaive is pretty good, even if it doesn't kill you with one shot this thing hit so hard. I was left with 38 HP after being hit, and I was using Ash P, maybe 20 more HP would be nice after being hit.

However, in the hands of a good player this weapon is great and I like this idea, is the player making the game, not the weapon itself

Hey you were actually in a few of the games where I was testing it, and while it took me a while to get a handle on it, I noticed I was one-shotting Excaliburs and occasionally more tanky frames without even aiming straight at them. The Glaive leaves you vulnerable during the slow throw animation, but aside from that, its AoE hits like a truck, is fairly large, and not that difficult to handle. I probably should've been less aggressive with it, instead of charging people head on. I don't think I ever one-shot you, but Ash is probably second only to Frost in terms of tankiness

EDIT: I just noticed update 17.3.0 removed the AoE headshot, which will make the Glaive less dangerous.

Edited by stoybot

Removed the name from my post.

Hey you were actually in a few of the games where I was testing it, and while it took me a while to get a handle on it, I noticed I was one-shotting Excaliburs and occasionally more tanky frames without even aiming straight at them. The Glaive leaves you vulnerable during the slow throw animation, but aside from that, its AoE hits like a truck, is fairly large, and not that difficult to handle. I probably should've been less aggressive with it, charging people head on. I don't think I ever one-shot you, but Ash is a pretty tanky frame in general.

Glaive cannot 1 shot, unless it hits the head. You probably saw him kill someone with head shot or he ran into them during the Glaive charging animation before throwing ( When your charging the Glaive, if you run into someone it will deal the same damage as a thrown channeled/unchanneled Glaive).

The person also could have been damaged beforehand.

Glaive cannot 1 shot, unless it hits the head. You probably saw him kill someone with head shot or he ran into them during the Glaive charging animation before throwing ( When your charging the Glaive, if you run into someone it will deal the same damage as a thrown channeled/unchanneled Glaive).

The person also could have been damaged beforehand.

Read my previous post. AoE damage could count as a headshot prior to 17.3.0. This is why the Tonkor with its headcrits was such a monstrosity.

I use Glaive Prime almost always, but I don't equip it and I've never tried channeling. Is the channeling explosion really that strong?

It will kill in two shots any frame except ash p rhino p frost p, but the explosion is about as big as a warframe (width and height). If you don't know how to use the Glaive, you wont hit anything with it, explosion or not. That's why few people use it and the damage has stayed relatively the same through all of PvP.