Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parent / Child Room Connection Logic

Impulse_Nine

So when I originally made my dojo I was very new to the game and didnt know about the rotate room button.

I was also very keen so when I found out I made my Hall of Glory with the Loki facing the wrong way from the main entrance I decided to come back to it

Over a year later im now rennovating my dojo and that was #1 on the to do list. Cant delete the tile- had children tiles that would loose connection without it.

Made a teleporter system. Didnt help.

Went to some length to turn my dojo into a giant circuit. Remove on link in a loop and you still have a line right? Wrong apparently. Turns out the logic system for determining if a room would make others inaccessible is inexistent- its all done by which room was built off what.

Would like to request that every time I ask for a room to be destroyed- Warframe checks the spawn room then checks to see if any child room would be made inaccessible.

Have now completely deconstructed the upper floor of my dojo to fix the problem. Kind of meant to do that anyway so im not bitter, but I like to keep my dojo, even the areas for pure display, efficient and functional- Ive seen dojos that sprawl out quite randomly, and if someone wanted to change something they may potentially have a huge problem on their hands that a simple logic check could solve.

Sounds like a small thing but given most rooms take 12/24 hours to build we are potentially talking about literally weeks work of deconstruction and then reconstruction for some clans.

• 1 month later...

This topic deserves more attention. This logic is the biggest obstacle for aspiring clans to adjust their dojos to a growing population - because there's always the fear you can't (for a reasonable effort) revert what you did. 

Technically, it's not even that hard. At the moment, the Dojo seems to be internally stored via a logical tree-structure: one room is the predecessor of one or multiple children, and has only one parent-room. This is not a proper representation of how the interconnectivity of dojo's rooms are presented in the game and perceived by the player. It is insufficent.

Another approach would be to no longer put rooms into a hirarchy, but just store the "links". Now every room has one or multiple "linked" rooms, like an undirected mathematical graph. When a room is to be deleted now, you simply have to find a path from the source node (the basic clan hall) to the current room that does not include the room that is to be deleted. For pathfinding in mathematical graphs there are multiple algorithms, many of which are based on Dijkstra's algorithm.

All links in this post lead to english wikipedia and thus are mostly safe to use.

Have a nice day everyone, stay ninja! 

• 4 weeks later...

Bump

We all make mistakes sometimes. But in a game, it's kinda harsh that a mistake in layout design takes weeks, maybe even months to solve.

We have the science to teleport, use space wings, guns and knives to destroy giant starships, turn living creatures into data and create spandex that actually looks good with built in life support, but we can't move a room or two without completely destroying them and rebuilding?

I refuse to believe this.