Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Opinions On The Upcoming Cavats / Kavats (Catbrows) - De Staff Please Read This For The Sake Of Everyone

_Medo_

I'll be excited when they fix kubrow pathing and AI. Until then, I expect the cats to also have mental issues that build up from being stuck under stairs, running in place due to uneven terrain, etc that ultimately drive them to commit suicide whenever they can jump off the map without teleporting back to us. 

Prediction: There will be frustration in trying to find them to scan. There will be time walls designed to drain your platinum, and "starter kits" dangling within reach. There will be hype and let downs, and a lot of angry people on the forums.

Also this seems quite likely ^

Hmm... I kinda want the build to be randomized, but I 10000000% agree on breed. I'd sort of forgotten about that entirely honestly, but here I am still unable to get Chesa having hatched 20 eggs so far with the sole purpose of getting a Chesa. RNG on which type you get is the most god awful thing, on top of not being able to know instantly what you're gonna get, and start again. 

But yeah, I like the idea of all visual things be rerolling as long as getting the egg is a bit less rng. 

you created an idea in my head with this lol... maybe with kavats you will buy a different scanner or something to show you the baby kavat traits while it's maturing this way if you don't want a certain build you can just consign the kavat and not waste 2 days

I am not really interested in catbrows.

Why? The same reason I don't find kubrows very appealing.

- they require maintenance

- they have crappy artificial intelligence

- they don't have Vacuum

As for the last point - as long as other companions won't have Vacuum just like Carrier, they will be overshadowed [most of the time].

this is what i hope for the most, vacuum for all companions.... but i don't think it will happen anyway : / 

I just hope we get some real upgrade to gene foundry, im tired waiting for 2 logins to get a mature kub....

waiting makes sense these are animals after all they're not a robot or something. you can't mature an animal in 1 click you know? maybe they could reduce the wait to 1 day but i HIGHLY doubt this will happen.

More mastery trash.

Since DE still doesn't know how to code AI they will be awful like the dogs.

yep the AI again. hope they see this and respond or fix the AI

DE don't sit around and work on things they expect no one to use, I'm sure. Players are judgy is all - and not exactly adventurous by nature. Most things in this game - guns, swords, companions - are used for 1/2 Draco runs then abandoned. Sorry but that's on the rabid mentality players - not DE.

As to pets - most negativity centred on them is unreasonable - that's all it is. Kneejerk reaction to RNG and absolutely minuscule maintenance at the end of the day. There is nothing DE can do to change that perception whatsoever - because it's based in pure overreaction.

AI pathing is the only valid complaint - however it applies to Kubrows, enemies and Sentinels. People love overlooking how ludicrously bad a Sentinels aiming logic is - pretty sure they're all symptoms of the same bad code.

As to the cats - meh - we'll see - personally I only use Kubrows. If half of the breeds are essentially useless - and most of the Sentinels are worse - I'm not expecting big things from Kavats.

the AI is not the only thing... how about the useless or poorly implemented abilities like chesa's abilities, the credit sink people talk about, the almost 100% annoying rng involved... i'm sure these are DE's faults not the players' faults. MOST people don't usually talk about sentinels' aim. they just want the extra loot i think.

I'll be excited when they fix kubrow pathing and AI. Until then, I expect the cats to also have mental issues that build up from being stuck under stairs, running in place due to uneven terrain, etc that ultimately drive them to commit suicide whenever they can jump off the map without teleporting back to us. 

Also this seems quite likely ^

yep.. another one talking about AI. there you go DE.

You mean the invisible space cats that eat nano robot plague flesh?

good point but I meant how will it work ? will they just blow cold out of their mouths? like chroma's scream or something?

1- are you excited for them ? NO

2- do we know when will they be released ? any expectations if we don't know a specific date ? U18

3- do you think they will be more useful than kubrows? Probably powercreeped a bit    more useful than sentinels ? Definitely not

4- do you think they will be normal sized small cats or huge beasts like kubrows ? I guess a bit smaller

5- do you think their genetics / imprinting / breeding will be tough and almost completely RNG dependent like kubrows ? Yes and what is your opinion if their genetic will actually be this way. --- It will suck just like Kubrows

6- Also , do you think the genetics will be almost completely hidden from us like kubrow genetics were ? what I mean is will they reveal the genetics completely or let us explore them like we "kinda" did with kubrows ? I guess same as Kubrows

7- do you think they will be hard to obtain ? like for example farming the kubrow eggs now ? (which is a complete pain imo) You will need a Kubrow egg to breed them so they will be a pita.

8- what do you think of the designs shown on the devstream ? for me they are "meh" but with different colors and possibly patterns they could looks amazing of course. I am not particularly fond of cats but the design is ok.

thanks for sharing

Edited by _Medo_

1- I am to an extent. It's like a new toy.

2- U18 I think?

3- No idea. Wait and see. 

4- I think there was a concept art comparison for the build of the kubrow and kavat but I don't know if it will reflect the size. :T

5- Haha, I'll take it as it comes. It's not something I NEED to have.

6- I'm going to guess the random genetics will sorta reflect how it's going with the kubrows. I'm not too aggressive on acquiring things.

7- For me acquiring the eggs isn't a problem if you're looking for it in passing so I'm not too worried about getting that.

8- The feral kavat looks amazing and I want one but like my kubrow, I'll just grow to love or hate whatever I get.

1- I am to an extent. It's like a new toy.

2- U18 I think?

3- No idea. Wait and see. 

4- I think there was a concept art comparison for the build of the kubrow and kavat but I don't know if it will reflect the size. :T

5- Haha, I'll take it as it comes. It's not something I NEED to have.

6- I'm going to guess the random genetics will sorta reflect how it's going with the kubrows. I'm not too aggressive on acquiring things.

7- For me acquiring the eggs isn't a problem if you're looking for it in passing so I'm not too worried about getting that.

8- The feral kavat looks amazing and I want one but like my kubrow, I'll just grow to love or hate whatever I get.

thanks for sharing. u18 though ? i guess it's 17.5 .. or at least i hope 

The simple thing to ask is will it as good as Carrier ?  I really don't think so i.e. mastery fodder.

I hope they all get the vacuum this way they are even kinda comparable to carrier. they might get some really good abilities that provide alot of help for the player this way they may be better than carrier

I would really like a cat lizard that can turn of infested auras. Something like that. Not to crazy so the infested aren't a push over but slow the leach and heal would be dreamy.

how about the kavat itself is an energy & health leech for you ? like a small trinity beside you. maybe leeches 2 or 3 energy per second from nearby enemies. 

I don't want Kavats.

I would want my kubrows to be more usefull, more interactions with them.

I would want to take 2 kubrows to a mission...

I would want more kubrow stuff in general.

What i don't need are some reptile cats.

Imo, throw those kavats together with some infested in a cave and burn them down with ignis.

Let's be honest, those kavats are just coming so all those cat lovers have a kubrow variant for which they can throw money out.

I don't want Kavats.

I would want my kubrows to be more usefull, more interactions with them.

I would want to take 2 kubrows to a mission...

I would want more kubrow stuff in general.

What i don't need are some reptile cats.

Imo, throw those kavats together with some infested in a cave and burn them down with ignis.

Let's be honest, those kavats are just coming so all those cat lovers have a kubrow variant for which they can throw money out.

maybe they will have better abilities who knows. they don't look as good as kubrows but this MAY be fixed with colors and patterns

1- are you excited for them ?

2- do we know when will they be released ? any expectations if we don't know a specific date ?

3- do you think they will be more useful than kubrows ? more useful than sentinels ? 

4- do you think they will be normal sized small cats or huge beasts like kubrows ?

5- do you think their genetics / imprinting / breeding will be tough and almost completely RNG dependent like kubrows ? and what is your opinion if their genetic will actually be this way. ---

6- Also , do you think the genetics will be almost completely hidden from us like kubrow genetics were ? what I mean is will they reveal the genetics completely or let us explore them like we "kinda" did with kubrows ?

7- do you think they will be hard to obtain ? like for example farming the kubrow eggs now ? (which is a complete pain imo) 

8- what do you think of the designs shown on the devstream ? for me they are "meh" but with different colors and possibly patterns they could looks amazing of course.

1. Not really, but I do like mastery.

2. No

3. No

4. Similar to Kubrows

5. Yes, don't really care

6. Yes

7. Meh. I didn't find Kubrows hard. But The devstream said they'll need Kubrow eggs and Kavat scans

8. They are fine. I'm not really into animal-companions in this game.

1. Not really, but I do like mastery.

2. No

3. No

4. Similar to Kubrows

5. Yes, don't really care

6. Yes

7. Meh. I didn't find Kubrows hard. But The devstream said they'll need Kubrow eggs and Kavat scans

8. They are fine. I'm not really into animal-companions in this game.

thanks for sharing ur opinion