Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rework For A More Berserker-Ish Valkyr?

tinyranitar

DE announced they would rework Valkyr recently, and that excites me to no end. I am a big melee lover, in any RPG I'd pick the guy with the biggest swords or Axe. and that's the primary reason why I came to Warframe (yeah after a while I realized melee sux but I still stays anyway). 

My clanmates suggested Valkyr as the purrfect Melee Warframe for me (at that time it was the old Excalibur, loved him but loved him even more now). I tried Valkyr, build Atterax and Scindo Prime, loved her. 

She was so much fun to play, wailing on bosses as they helplessly striking you. But that is not what a berserker it to be honest. So when DE announced her rework, I shake with excitement as they fulfilled Melee promise with Excalibur, now waiting for a more berserker-ish Valkyr. And to be honest, I love berserker characters in RPG too.

I can't help but thinking and making ideas about Valkyr. Tbh this maybe completely different than what DE had in mind or if they didn’t have any yet, this could be used as a guideline suggestions:

PASSIVE: Valkyr gains proficiency in more barbaric combat manners, gaining bonuses on various weapons.

Heavy Blades: +10% Attack Speed

Hammers: +20% Slam Attack Range

Claws/Sparring/Fist: +10 crit chance

RIPLINE: 25 Energy

Valkyr shoots out her grappling hook. If she touches an enemy, she will pull it right in front of her and open it to finisher. If she touches terrain a zipline to the target will be established, which she can use as a regular zipline. If she is in midair she will pull herself to the terrain as of now. The reason I feel like creating a zipline instead is because a lot of time people miduse this wonderful abilities and got repositioned not the way they wanted it to. Tbh this is a good 1 already, just some QoL change.

WARCRY: 50 Energy

Tbh, Warcry is nice already but 75 energy is a bit harsh. Buffing this a little would help her maintain this on her team a lot more. Making the range static instead of being affected by Power Range would be very nice.

PARALYSIS: 5 Energy

Valkyr unleash her inner rage into a violent burst, knocking enemies back, as well as stagger them. The outburst also damage her shield by 40%. Each enemies hit by this abilities will Enrage Valkyr, causing her next melee strike to have life steal. Successive cast of Paralysis within 5 seconds (affected by Power Duration) will have their range gradually increased by 10%. Maximum 3 stacks.

This will improves Paralysis. Many times I used Paralysis, I noticed the damage is pitful enough to consider that there shouldn’t be any damage. 5 energy would be fairly cheap for a life strike, but well, this would make her less reliant on Hysteria to heal.

There is also a problem about Paralysis that is most Valkyr runs with Narrow Minded, thus making the range on this pretty bad. Multicasting won’t be a problem because of the cheap cost, thus my suggestions my alleviate it.

HYSTERIA: 100 Energy

Valkyr unleash her fury through her energy claws, disable all other weapons. Her claws depends on the equipped melee base damage, crit chance, crit damage, slam attack effect/type.

The formula would stays the same, and her Passive bonus won’t treat Hysteria as claws. Hysteria does gain the same bonus if her currently brought with melee gains bonus from her passive.

Hysteria will have a new mechanic over her old ones.

Hysteria will give her a pakour boosts (bullet jump, aim glide, etc...)

Explain itself. More mobility.

Hysteria will no longer makes her invurnerable, but will make her cannot die (stops at 2 HP)

Fits the undying rage theme, not totally Wolverine

Hysteria won’t have life steal, instead it will heals her at the end of the Abilities equals to 5% of the damage dealt in Hysteria.

Well we all want to end Hysteria with full health

Hysteria will grant 2 unique boosts for her: Blood Rage and Blood Lust.

Blood Rage: Seeing her own blood causing her to seeks out her foes, causing her to move faster (+10%) (affected by Pstrength) each time she takes damage to her health. This will have maximum 3 stacks and movement speed buff will last for 10s (affected by duration).

Blood Lust: Seeing enemies blood makes her crave for more, increasing her melee range after each kill (+10%) (affected by Pstrength) for 10s each. Gaining additional stack won’t go above 3 times the multiplier (i.e if the multiplier is 15% then she can’t have more than 45% range buff, but newer stacks can be gained).

This will makes your Hysteria a litte easier to use. Most people hate this claw form because it has short range, complicated animations. This is also an interesting addition to her berserker theme.

Augment: Hysteric Slayer

Hysteria will increase the stacks limit of Blood Rage and Blood Lust by 1 for each level, but any additional stack beyond the first three will have its effect halved.

Augment: Sated Hysteria

Hysteria will starts out with maximum Blood Rage and Blood Lust. 

Here, my wall of text! Please let me know what you think about this, and what are suggestions for this.

Thanks for bearing with my lengthy post as always.

Edited by tinyranitar

I also thought about increasing the reach of Hysteria. Good job there, take my upvote :D

That and take the kick out of the combo, the fact that she swipes twice and then does a spin kick with absolutely no range completely kills any sort of range or speed it might have

Don't bump your own thread.

Update it or add more information if you want to "bump".

I don't know what to say about the idea though, since I don't play Valkyr (I already have tanks like Chroma Forma'd), but your idea seems pretty good!

I didn't know that. Will refrain myself from bumping in the future. Thanks!

• 1 month later...