The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Dread Going To Get Armor Ignore/pen?

Syntera

just seems like a trash version of paris. should i just craft the paris and use that instead? i really don't see any benefit other than the more damage to infested and more polarity slots.

if i'm missing something, could someone please tell me why i should use the dread over paris?

more dmg overall, faster travel speed of the arrow

/edit:

and i think dread going to get the ap

some ppl say that sometimes the get 100% ap with dread and sometimes not maybe its just a minor bug in the code

the despair is a straight upgrade fro the kunai, so i think the dread going to be a straight upgrade from the paris 2

Edited by Depar

Also it works with Thunderbolt now. Presumably you could get wicked damage with head shots, but the Paris is more forgiving, allowing you to shoot anywhere while ignoring armor.

like i said the dread has a much faster travel speed then the paris

the despair is a straight upgrade fro the kunai, so i think the dread going to be a straight upgrade from the paris 2

This has been confirmed; the Despair is *not* a straight upgrade from the Kunai; they do have a significant difference, the Kunai stagger and the Despair does not.

tldr: Kunai offer support mixed into their damage and they are actually *much* better for dueling (you can basically stunlock people)

Despair doesn't have stagger (just learned that from the above poster lol) but they also have Fang's weird damage: 50% bonus to Grineer and 50% less against Infested. Despair is NOT just a straight upgrade from the Kunai, there's more to consider.

That said, I think Dread's triple damage to Infested means it was intended to be a "slashing weapon," not a "bolt" weapon. It would be nice if they added armor pierce to Dread (THAT wpuld be a straight upgrade from Paris), but don't be suprised if they don't.

just seems like a trash version of paris. should i just craft the paris and use that instead? i really don't see any benefit other than the more damage to infested and more polarity slots.

if i'm missing something, could someone please tell me why i should use the dread over paris?

More base damage, more polarity slots, arrows apparently aren't affected by gravity (according to friend that has it), faster rate of fire...

Seriously, the only thing the paris has over it is armor ignore.

Edited by Argoms

I enjoy the idea of the Stalker's weapons having trade-offs, and don't want to see them just become flat upgrades.

Despair seems to be more of an offense-oriented version of Kunai, while Dread is nicer for straight up fights it seems than Paris is. (Faster arrows, higher damage, better modding. All it seems to lose is stealth potential with the armor ignore Paris gets)

More base damage, more polarity slots, arrows apparently aren't affected by gravity (according to friend that has it), faster rate of fire...

Seriously, the only thing the paris has over it is armor ignore.

...thus making it substantially weaker against Ancients, Grineer, and any other armored target.

What it is best at is Infested, which doesn't make any sense because you only have ~70-80 arrows total, it takes a while to charge up the shot, and Infested come in fast moving hordes.

more dmg overall, faster travel speed of the arrow

/edit:

and i think dread going to get the ap

some ppl say that sometimes the get 100% ap with dread and sometimes not maybe its just a minor bug in the code

The Despair only does half-damage to unarmored targets, while I don't think the Kunai do (I could be wrong!) making it not a TOTAL upgrade, as it ends up doing LESS damage to unarmored things!

Also the Dread has seemed to have some degree of armor ignore for a few days now. If you take off all your mods, you're capable of doing things that require armor pen like headshotting corpus crewmen. It does, however, seem to not be TOTAL armor ignore, and my own personal experience says it's a flat # of armor that is ignored, as higher-leveled enemies still take less and less damage from shots.

I think the Dread should get Armor Ignore but maybe 20-30%. Any higher and it would make the Paris completely obsolete, granted the Dread is something you need to get from a blueprint drop and is supposed to be tougher to acquire but I don't want to see the Paris unused once everyone gets the dread. I am very glad they made thunderbolt usable on it now though.

...thus making it substantially weaker against Ancients, Grineer, and any other armored target.

What it is best at is Infested, which doesn't make any sense because you only have ~70-80 arrows total, it takes a while to charge up the shot, and Infested come in fast moving hordes.

this kind of posts is the reason on why i wish they kept the downvote button, simply because it doesn't penetrate armor (which is weird because in some cases it does penetrate armor even without AP mods) doesn't make it any less effective than paris, and the straight up higher damage, higher draw speed, higher arrow speed along with the compatibility with thunderbolt makes it a powerful weapon

also this bow punctures like paris, so 72 base arrows is enough for it, if you don't know on what to do with it, lemme give you a hint, Infested Shishkabob

Edited by Ferrick

I think the Dread should get Armor Ignore but maybe 20-30%. Any higher and it would make the Paris completely obsolete, granted the Dread is something you need to get from a blueprint drop and is supposed to be tougher to acquire but I don't want to see the Paris unused once everyone gets the dread. I am very glad they made thunderbolt usable on it now though.

No stop.

Never give the Dread armor ignore...

Oh heaven forbid a weapon this powerful actually takes a brain to use.

Let Dread be for the people skilled enough to aim for the head.

No AP? 

Use mods.

No stop.

Never give the Dread armor ignore...

Oh heaven forbid a weapon this powerful actually takes a brain to use.

Let Dread be for the people skilled enough to aim for the head.

No AP? 

Use mods.

Slow your role man it was just a suggestion and I did throw out low numbers too. I use it over my Paris now anyways and it will always be a good weapon even if it never gets armor ignore. It is actually much easier to use all around and to hit the heads of enemies since there is no drop off so it seems like you need less of a brain to use this wep. I never had a problem aiming for the head even with Paris's drop either.

Edited by Fireblac

Slow your role man it was just a suggestion and I did throw out low numbers too. I use it over my Paris now anyways and it will always be a good weapon even if it never gets armor ignore. It is actually much easier to use all around and to hit the heads of enemies since there is no drop off so it seems like you need less of a brain to use this wep. I never had a problem aiming for the head even with Paris's drop either.

Giving it Armor Pierce or Ignore makes it an upgrade to the Paris...that does not need to happen honestly.

from what i have read, the dread is the anti-infested version from paris.

paris is a beast against grineers, but very weak against infested, so we have a new tool now.

IF it would get AP it COULD be very very Overpowered.

I dont need it, i can aim for the head, and if i want to fight against grineer, yeah, i will pick paris.

Edited by LazerusKI

Then don't make it full AP. Make it like 40% AP or give it a damage bonus vs ancients/grineer or something because right now it's best suited to kill stuff that's too speedy & swarm-y to be killing with a bow.

from what i have read, the dread is the anti-infested version from paris.

paris is a beast against grineers, but very weak against infested, so we have a new tool now.

IF it would get AP it COULD be very very Overpowered.

I dont need it, i can aim for the head, and if i want to fight against grineer, yeah, i will pick paris.

Why the hell u need to switch Paris for that sh`t on infested missions??????

Dread is slow to start, but well worth it once you get it to a higher level, I actually prefer it to the Paris, it's greater arrow velocity and lack of drop at range coupled with it's seemingly faster fire animation make it very easy to quickly snap shot enemies in the head without charging. I will admit that when I first used it I thought it was crappy, But it is a weapon that you need to stick with for the first 10 to 15 levels before you can really appreciate how awesome it is.