Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need A Frost Defense/caster Build

(PSN)Ruleoryx

Question

7 answers to this question

235% range is a must because splash damage vs bubble and massive cc floors on impeding ice augment plus more overlaps from avalanche  also constition and continuity for impeding duration i only run about 70% power but with steel fiber and globe stacking my globes still last in t4d

I just got the next update 17 which included a Frost rework and I need a good build for defense missions but also has a good bit of crowd control with Avalanche and can deal a bit of damage too

I usually go with max efficiency, and decent amount of strength. Other mods like Stretch are thrown in too.

For me when I play frost, I love to have control and let my weapons do the talking. That said, my build is

Aura:

-Energy Siphon/Corrosive Projection: i use it mainly to have a method of restoring energy or if i'm with a group of 3 other Corrosive Projection users. Priority om when to forma the aura polarity is low in my book, so don't worry if you want to throw Rejuvenation in that slot instead for healing over time and more mod capacity.

Build:

-Streamline

-Fleeting Expertise: the efficiency mods. I like to have at least 70% efficiency with 75% being the cap, so rank and utilize Fleeting Expertise and Streamline accordingly.

-(Primed) Continuity: personally i like having at least 5-6 seconds of freeze duration on Avalnche/Ice Wave Impedance's floor

-(Primed) Flow: more energy for casting, and in my case, since i use an r9 Primed Flow:

-Quick Thinking/Vitality/Redirection: honestly it's hard to mess up with any of those 3 since Snowglobe is at your disposal. I chose Quick thinking because it's more effective health. If you DO NOT have Primed Flow at your disposal, Vitality or Redirection would be a wiser choice

-Stretch/Overextended:you want at least stretch so snowglobe can orotect you or whatever's in the center from aoe dealt by rockets

-preference

-preference

*preference slots use whatever you feel you need. I like to run ice wave impedance with either rage, constitution, or go full range(Chilling Globe more on a whim), but if you feel in need of power strength don't let my input stop you.

Exilus slot

Handspring. Getting up fast is good

Rush/bulletjump mod: i bullet jump a lot so the elemental parkour mods and mobilize are my vote (especially if i'm running constitution)