Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Taking Abuse For Not Farming Xp

Impulse_Nine

In PVP tensions run high and I appreciate that will cause some players to feel like they need to express thier anger through pm'ing abuse.

But earlier I was in a 1v1 against a Volt Prime and he began throwing language at me because I was wasting time fighting him and not helping him farm XP.This kinda irritated me as I don't appreciate being criticized for choosing to actually play the combat rather than farm xp. "Player versus Player"- it is in the name.

But it's something I sympathize with still- as the average skill level in PVP rises, its becoming quite difficult to farm 21k odd standing- because the better your opponents are- the harder they make it for you to gain standing your daily standing. That makes people angry (some more than others apparently).

I would like to see one of two things to fix this problem, either:

Tie standing mainly (but not completely!) to time spent in conclave, rather than objectives completed. Introduce that with a short auto-disconnection-to-Liset for those trying to idle. This would;

- Make high level CtC matches where scores are lower but action is incredibly intense, more rewarding than one sided games than finish quickly.

- Reduce (though not remove) the xp/minute disparity between CtC, Team Annihilation and Deathmatch.

- Severely reduce the reward gained from short one sided matches (this I think is actually quite a toxic problem).

- Make life harder for those who try to idle through CtC (at the moment if they are randomly on the winning side they will be rewarded with 1.5kish standing for being a drag on their team).

- Better equalize the XP gained by all players regardless of skill level, hopefully making it kinder to newer players.

Like I say it would need an aggressive and effective AFK monitor but I don't like feeling I'm wasting my time fighting people of my skill level or above- those are exactly the people I should be fighting!

People don't need much encouragement to fight each other and I'm not suggesting you remove objective rewards, so I don't think you would suddenly start seeing lots of "peace" servers either as the first person to try to capture / kill is rewarded.

However if that doesn't appeal, I'd simply appreciate the option to auto-ignore anyone im playing PvP with or have recently been playing PvP with. I really don't want criticism for trying to actually sharpen my skills for once.

While i agree with whats stopping people form just wandering around and elongating the battle for no reason just to get Xp. I could hide in a vent with one Cephalon and move every now and then, shooting anyone who come in from the one tunnel leading in

I like the idea with the whole time investment but it has 1 major flaw (in my eyes). When more time = more xp, people will simply not care about objectives anymore. CtC is currently the only true objective mode but the idea is the same for deathmatches. Why would you play for the objective when it gives you less xp than just spawnkilling for the entire duration of a match. Why pick up Oro if it means less xp due to short matches? The problem lies in the motivation to play here.

However it can still be implemented to an extent: DE probably has data of match length across modes. If they take the average game time in PvP and limit time-based xp to that specific time (maybe slightly less), then they could perhaps lower objective xp a bit like you suggest. This would then give players the incentive to play a decent match but also not drag it on forever and therefore try to play the objective. Players joining mid-session will not miss out on much xp either in this way due to the timed bonus they will get for playing this "average" time. (only if they are in the match long enough of course)

But earlier I was in a 1v1 against a Volt Prime and he began throwing language at me because I was wasting time fighting him and not helping him farm XP.This kinda irritated me as I don't appreciate being criticized for choosing to actually play the combat rather than farm xp. "Player versus Player"- it is in the name.

So you were playing 1v1, the other guy wanted to farm xp and yo wanted to fight. You should just quit that game and join another. Because clearly if you stay there, you wouldn't get a good fight and the other guy wouldn't get his xp. Lose-lose for both of you.

not exactly related to OP, but the very fact of playing the match should give standing, like 30 per minute or so, afk abusers are a totally different issue, but eluding fight 10 minutes for 300 standing doesnt look attractive at all, its more noob-oriented

Edited by rockscl

So you were playing 1v1, the other guy wanted to farm xp and yo wanted to fight. You should just quit that game and join another. Because clearly if you stay there, you wouldn't get a good fight and the other guy wouldn't get his xp. Lose-lose for both of you.

Well that's exactly what happened- he got bored of sputtering and quit, others joined and I had some good matches, I'd just like for him not to be angry that I'm not "helping him" farm, or would at least like to deprive him of the ability to express that to me.

While i agree with whats stopping people form just wandering around and elongating the battle for no reason just to get Xp. I could hide in a vent with one Cephalon and move every now and then, shooting anyone who come in from the one tunnel leading in

Just to be clear I'm not saying remove objective rewards- just tone them down to a 50% bonus or so if you're the winner. CtC, 10mins, 1.5k for winning team, 1k for loosing team- that sort of thing.

In such a case, yes, you could hold out for a stalemate but if you're skillful enough to kill everyone who comes for you, you are hurting yourself by camping because clearly you could win. For the record though, from my experience, camping does not often end well for the campers in this game. I've only ever met about 3 and none of them did well. Warframe powers are very good at breaking up entrenched positions.

Well that's exactly what happened- he got bored of sputtering and quit, others joined and I had some good matches, I'd just like for him not to be angry that I'm not "helping him" farm, or would at least like to deprive him of the ability to express that to me.

Kill him, then do an Applaud emote over his corpse. Do this three times.

This is what I do to anyone who insults me in conclave.